Cutler legacy

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Umbali
MVP

Saw this and had to laugh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
BR0D1E86
MVP

Haha. Savage.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

I love it. lol
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

If anyone has a #6 for sale. Let me know. Im on my way to buy one in a couple weeks.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:Saw this and had to laugh

:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Now that we've made another trade of multiple #1s, isn't it time we stopped talking about this guy? The horse died a long time ago. What's the point of continuing the beating?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bearfacts
MVP

It's a funny barb. Knock yourselves out, but let's just say with a net worth of about $50 mil he probably doesn't care about that meme either. ;) :bored:
Umbali
MVP

lol im not beating any horse. I lived in Denver when we traded for Cutler. I liked Cutler and felt it was coaching and lack of o-line that lead to a lot of the issues. I didnt care about his facial expressions and demeanor.

That poster is just plain funny
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
IotaNet
MVP

Umbali wrote:lol im not beating any horse. I lived in Denver when we traded for Cutler. I liked Cutler and felt it was coaching and lack of o-line that lead to a lot of the issues. I didnt care about his facial expressions and demeanor.

This.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hilarious. Jay being Jay.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:If anyone has a #6 for sale. Let me know. Im on my way to buy one in a couple weeks.
Are you serious? I have a L I was about to send to Goodwill. You're kidding...right?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Very Cavallari is great. I watch it for the Cutler parts. He's awesome on that show.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:If anyone has a #6 for sale. Let me know. Im on my way to buy one in a couple weeks.
Are you serious? I have a L I was about to send to Goodwill. You're kidding...right?
Jay is the best quarterback our team has ever had. Not talking about him isn't going to make his legacy* go away. I, for one, choose to embrace it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Jay is the best quarterback our team has ever had. Not talking about him isn't going to make his legacy* go away. I, for one, choose to embrace it.

Cutler is statistically the best at the position he played for the Bears .... but him coming up small when the games were biggest is enough for me to not consider him the best QB

his legacy equates to nice numbers and very few important wins ... the modern era Jeff George
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bearfacts
MVP

Umbali wrote:lol im not beating any horse. I lived in Denver when we traded for Cutler. I liked Cutler and felt it was coaching and lack of o-line that lead to a lot of the issues. I didnt care about his facial expressions and demeanor.

I'm also a Chicago transplant living in Denver since the early '80s and I agree with your take on Cutler. I've often submitted the question "did he fail us or did we fail him"? How would he do with this OL, offense and defense?

How much different would he be viewed today had he been able to finish that NFC Championship Game against GB and possibly win the SB as well. He had some great games but some opinions turn on the slightest of change.

And I'll support the second sentence as well. I think even Jay himself would be amused by it......or not....who cares. :rofl:
IotaNet
MVP

Bearfacts wrote:

I'm also a Chicago transplant living in Denver since the early '80s and I agree with your take on Cutler. I've often submitted the question "did he fail us or did we fail him"? How would he do with this OL, offense and defense?

How much different would he be viewed today had he been able to finish that NFC Championship Game against GB and possibly win the SB as well. He had some great games but some opinions turn on the slightest of change.

And I'll support the second sentence as well. I think even Jay himself would be amused by it......or not....who cares. :rofl:
I don't want to kick off the Cutler debate but I do co-sign all of he comments above.

If I'm Jay Cutler however, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. He's filthy rich, he's got a pretty wife, three adorable kids, his health intact, and his whole life ahead of himself.

Now if he could just put those cigarettes down ...
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

In my opinion Cutler was repeatedly screwed ever since he got here.

The QB is always a convenient scapegoat for whatever. Yeah OK he would throw INTs. The guy also had a golden arm and did a lot more right than he did wrong.

He gets a revolving door at OC including Mike Martz and his 5 or 7 step drops. Webb as his tackle. An aging defense. Trestman. The list goes on and on.

What exactly did people expect him to do? Throw 30 TDs with 0 INTs?

I'm happy for him. He's got a shit ton of money, a hot wife, a great TV show, a bunch of kids, and his health. He should be thankful everyday that he has that because of some of the dogshit schemes, 5 or 7 step drops, and horrible offensive lines.

Jay Cutler wasn't the problem. He was actually never the problem. And if he was the QB of this Bears team, people would be talking Super Bowl.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bearfacts wrote:I'm also a Chicago transplant living in Denver since the early '80s....
How funny. I was a NW Indiana transplant who moved to Denver in '82. But I returned in '88.

Little known fact about me that nobody cares about... I actually was an NFL official for 2 years. (Northglenn Football League Pop Warner.) :D
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.