Kwit

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bearfacts
MVP

UOK wrote:Smith played in the latter stages of the 4th.

Read today that on drag patterns targeting Kwiatkoski, the Packers had receptions of 11, 7, 13, and 11 yards. That's not good, Nick.
Snap count gave him 8. At least one series came when he subbed for Trevathan and got his sack.

Glad you posted that because that's exactly what I was seeing. Rodgers was abusing him pretty badly and all you had to do was watch to see he just doesn't have the lateral speed to cover those routes.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I think Roquan gets the start in week 2, provided his health and conditioning are good to go. I really liked what I saw from 58 in his debut - looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full game starting.
Never Die Easy
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I was wondering if Kwit had some nagging injury because the dude looked half as fast as last year. He literally looked like he didn't belong as a backup for a large portion of the game.
Middleguard
MVP

So why wasn't Roquan in longer? He says his holdout was just business. In any other "business," a preventable action that costs a company 1/16th of their year, somebody gets fired.
Bearfacts
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:I was wondering if Kwit had some nagging injury because the dude looked half as fast as last year. He literally looked like he didn't belong as a backup for a large portion of the game.
The answer I'd venture to offer is this game he was covering 4.5 WRs and RBs running drag routes across the middle or in the flat. Typically those guys are in motion across the defensive zone he's covering and he simply doesn't have the burst or 40 speed to run with them. GB knew this and abused him with it.

Nick should be playing the "Mike" ILB position which is where Trevathan was playing. If they intend to keep Smith out IMHO Kwiatkoski and Trevathan should swap. Nick is not a capable "Jack" ILB. When Smith plays he can or he and Trevathan could switch off but playing Kwiatkoki as a "Jack" ILB will only expose his weakness in coverage.
cblaz11
MVP

I’ll take Kwit as our 3rd linebacker all day and I imagine Pace feels the same. We took Roquan 8th overall, get him on the field starting this Sunday and leave him out there.