Should The Bears Extend Adrian Amos?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

I like Amos but this is a case of "you can't pay everyone". If he doesn't have a big market, yeah definitely do it. If he does... I'd thank him for his service and give the savings to Eddie Jackson on his next deal. That kid is a stud.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

I really like Amos, but G08 is right... they can't pay everyone and they seem to be high on DHC. Bush even looked pretty good in preseason.

Given the fact that the Bears haven't had stability at safety since Mike Brown and Tony Parrish, it would be nice if they kept him.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Pass rush can make really average safeties look very good. Amos is solid, but some team will way overpay him most likely.

I value Jackson a lot more than Amos.
cblaz11
MVP

I love Amos...But if he won’t sign a deal that benefits both parties then we move on. Bush seems to have progressed and may be ready to step into a starting role.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I really like Amos, but G08 is right... they can't pay everyone and they seem to be high on DHC. Bush even looked pretty good in preseason.

Given the fact that the Bears haven't had stability at safety since Mike Brown and Tony Parrish, it would be nice if they kept him.
Mostly this. I think they really like Bush.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
MrChamploo
Rookie

It come's down to the money i believe.
Why wouldn't you keep him if he accepts the right amount of cash.

I really think that's the ultimate decider.
If you don't take chances you never will win.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
wab wrote:I really like Amos, but G08 is right... they can't pay everyone and they seem to be high on DHC. Bush even looked pretty good in preseason.

Mikefive...don't we all...?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Mikefive wrote:

Sometimes I prefer a Brazilian to bush.

Ha.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

southdakbearfan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Mikefive wrote:

Sometimes I prefer a Brazilian to bush.

Ha.
Same here. I told my wife (then girlfriend) I'd shave my face if she shaved that off, and meant it as a joke. That was 2006 (I remember only because it was my freshman year of college). She ended up matching me shave for shave so I haven't grown a beard yet. It is just regular maintenance for us now.

Maybe she is conditioned enough that she won't remember or stop if I grow it out? I'm 30 and have no fuckin clue what my beard looks like. lol
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Looking back at our Ss from Conte on back to Brown, in that time (other than Brown) we had what one good S Haris? We also had Manning who sucked for all but his last year then they got rid of him lol. I remember saying every draft we need a S but they would always either not pick one or pick a late round dud.

Both our S's are good we need to keep them together so long as they can afford both but if I had to pick one it would be Jackson he's a ballhawk and exciting to watch. Amos is great against the run though it's a good combo.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
SC Bear
Journeyman

My signings in priority order are Massie, Robertsn-Harris, and Amos. So it all depends on who we need to let go if any to see if the money works.