BearsFansOnline Podcast // E08: Monday Night Might

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

In E08 of the BFO Podcast, Chris and I debut a new segment and hash out the Seahawks losing to the Bears on Monday Night Football.

LISTEN:
Thanks as always for listening, as well as your comments & criticism.
Bearfacts
MVP

I'm enjoying these Podcasts. Keep 'em coming. I also agree on many of the critiques.

Mitch needs to let his instincts takeover more and also stop focusing on his primary target. He needs to do more with his pre-snap reads and define then who else may come open. If he keeps staring ARob down he is gonna get picked and if he doesn't have a hot read when he senses a blitz he needs to be coached up on that and have one. I believe it's his indecision that's causing most of his issues with accuracy. He's gotta play with more confidence and authority.

No one can fault Fuller for not having himself draped over his man on both TD catches but in both cases it shouldn't have been hard to figure out exactly where the throws were going. He's got to start turning around and playing the ball. At least against Seattle I believe he could have either deflected it or picked it. He continues to struggle with his back to the ball.

I'm not willing to give as much grace to Floyd as some will. That club shouldn't be impacting his get off or his speed and bend around the edge. He's just not playing with kind of intensity we saw out of Mack and Lynch on Monday night and he needs to do that. As a pass rushers he's playing "lazy". That my take on him so far.

And Trevathan is this weeks NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Well deserved too. Best game as a Bear yet.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/ ... -the-week/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

At one point you mention, UOK, that it had been a really long time since the Bears had a pick 6. It was actually only a week because Mack had one vs puke.
UOK
Site Admin

KOP_Snake wrote:At one point you mention, UOK, that it had been a really long time since the Bears had a pick 6. It was actually only a week because Mack had one vs puke.
I should've specified a pick-6 from a Bears cornerback. I'm sure it wasn't THAT long ago, but still.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Keep it up guys. Love your work!
cblaz11
MVP

Bearfacts wrote:I'm enjoying these Podcasts. Keep 'em coming. I also agree on many of the critiques.

Mitch needs to let his instincts takeover more and also stop focusing on his primary target. He needs to do more with his pre-snap reads and define then who else may come open. If he keeps staring ARob down he is gonna get picked and if he doesn't have a hot read when he senses a blitz he needs to be coached up on that and have one. I believe it's his indecision that's causing most of his issues with accuracy. He's gotta play with more confidence and authority.

No one can fault Fuller for not having himself draped over his man on both TD catches but in both cases it shouldn't have been hard to figure out exactly where the throws were going. He's got to start turning around and playing the ball. At least against Seattle I believe he could have either deflected it or picked it. He continues to struggle with his back to the ball.

I'm not willing to give as much grace to Floyd as some will. That club shouldn't be impacting his get off or his speed and bend around the edge. He's just not playing with kind of intensity we saw out of Mack and Lynch on Monday night and he needs to do that. As a pass rushers he's playing "lazy". That my take on him so far.

And Trevathan is this weeks NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Well deserved too. Best game as a Bear yet.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/ ... -the-week/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing that I liked seeing out of Mitch is how he responded after his 2nd pick. He was 16-20, posted a 109 passer rating, with a TD. So many QBs would have fallen apart after that, I like how the youngster responded!
Bearfacts
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:I'm enjoying these Podcasts. Keep 'em coming. I also agree on many of the critiques.

One thing that I liked seeing out of Mitch is how he responded after his 2nd pick. He was 16-20, posted a 109 passer rating, with a TD. So many QBs would have fallen apart after that, I like how the youngster responded!
I won't blame him for a tipped pass that was picked. He shouldn't either and he didn't.

He tweaked his game a little but if he doesn't disguise his throws more often and look off Safeties and LBs all of a sudden that may lead to multiple picks. It's a bad habit he's beginning to develop just as he's trying to hard at times to measure throw instead of believing in his read and his arm. Nagy has picked up on this too so you know others have as well.

I'd like to see him air it out to Gabriel when he has him in single coverage like he did with Gentry in that preseason game in 2018. He's looking for ARob and making other passes to his right too often and teams will pick up on that and sit on those routes. He nearly had a pass to Howard picked because of that. I like what I see when I see it but he needs more consistency and less predictability.