BearsFansOnline Podcast // E09: Defense in the Desert

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

In E09 of the BFO Podcast, Chris and I discuss the Bears' resilient win in Arizona on Sunday afternoon.

LISTEN:
Thanks as always for listening, as well as your comments & criticism.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Great job guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Great listen, thanks guys. I was at the game too and felt the same way about Biscuit. But after a couple days I watched a Youtube video showing all of his throws and scrambles from the game and he actually played pretty well. Fixed a bunch of stuff that was going on from the first 2 games.
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Great job guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Whiskey!
AZ_Bearfan wrote:Great listen, thanks guys. I was at the game too and felt the same way about Biscuit. But after a couple days I watched a Youtube video showing all of his throws and scrambles from the game and he actually played pretty well. Fixed a bunch of stuff that was going on from the first 2 games.
It's more of how many points are being left on the board because he hasn't mastered how to throw to a window with timing, technique, and confidence. Takes time and reps, and both of those are short at the moment.
wab
Mod

Takes time and reps, and both of those are short at the moment.
The Bears have plenty of time. Its fans that are short on patience. And with a championship level defense right now, it's easy to understand how it can happen.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

All I need to see is progress and he's doing that. I think I was just amped from being in that setting. Maybe I need to work on my happy feet.
cblaz11
MVP

The long drive statistics would indicate were close but not finishing drives. We were 30th in total offense last year, were 26th now. Not great but improved...take the opening drive for instance, Mitch played well up until he took that sack. He’s gotta improve(I think he will), when he cleans things up we will start finishing these drives.

Based on where we are and how we’ve progressed after 3 games, I think we can end up top 18 in total offense, that would be a drastic improvement from last year and that would mean we continued to improve from week 1.

Honestly, I think Mitch’s breakout game is coming....I hope it’s Sunday.
tjs
Journeyman

I've been laughing every week about the "Khalil Mack award". This is another week where he'd get it, but like that you can acknowledge him AND another player with it haha