How about that Eddie Jackson?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I kept hearing how Jackson was all this and that as a rookie. He did have that one incredible game with 2 TDs and I had hope that he would develop into something special. But I never was quite on the bandwagon that he was all that.

Until now. Jeez, that kid is now showing real smart anticipation and playmaking ability. He looks like a taller, faster version of Mike Brown out there. And he's doing it consistently, although admittedly with a small sample size. Yes, the pass rush helps. But man. That guy is going to make the Pro Bowl if he makes the same number of plays in each quarter of the season. Would that be 8 interceptions? Damn! :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
MrChamploo
Rookie

He is playing solid.

I always say DB's will get beat sometimes but this guy shows solid coverage and ball hawking skills.
If he improves a little each season,he will be our starter for times to come.
If you don't take chances you never will win.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

He was considered a first round talent until he broke his leg. Pace took a calculated risk on him, assuming that he was going to fully recover. Looks like he has. Another good move by our GM.
Nanky
Journeyman

His stats would look even better if his Pick 6 wasn't called back due to penalty. Its been nice having consistency at the S position after years of constant change.
Umbali
MVP

I loved this pick when we first made it. I felt he was a tremendous value that fell through the cracks simply due to an injury. Happy to see it paying off
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:He was considered a first round talent until he broke his leg. Pace took a calculated risk on him, assuming that he was going to fully recover. Looks like he has. Another good move by our GM.

yeah, we kind of got lucky in that regard ... never know how leg injuries are going to work out (ask Kevin White)

happy Jackson has recovered and happy the Bears have him
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Just seeing the same guy I watched for 4 college seasons...Started out as a solid CB before a knee injury took away a bit of his speed, transitioned into the leader of the secondary at safety his JR/SR years.