View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 am 
Site Admin

A backup QB winning a division game and nearly winning a game he had a tremendous part in losing makes the contract a wash. A backup QB versed well enough in the offense to be essentially another coach is simply a bonus.

If you think Tyler Bray or some other turd would be a suitable backup as well as helping Trubisky grasp the vernacular, you're grasping at straws to be as entrenched as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:56 am 
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:
A backup QB versed well enough in the offense to be essentially another coach is simply a bonus.

If you think Tyler Bray or some other turd would be a suitable backup as well as helping Trubisky grasp the vernacular, you're grasping at straws to be as entrenched as possible.

Excellent point. What he offers to Bisky for his development, and his 100% acceptance of that role are not insignificant.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 am 
Mod

Apparently the Bears are just supposed to hand out vet minimums and rookie deals for ever and ever amen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 am 
Site Admin

wab wrote:
Apparently the Bears are just supposed to hand out vet minimums and rookie deals for ever and ever amen.

It's the same old tired shit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 pm 
Head Coach

UOK wrote:
wab wrote:

After Nick Foles left the Eagles the first time he got contracts of $4m, $1.75m and $1.6m. I don't think giving $5m per year and $7m guaranteed to Daniel wasn't particularly smart from Pace, especially with a new coach and years where we're likely not competing for a ring (though hopefully we're outside, but genuine, contenders next year).

I know everything is supposed to be fine right now but when we have to start choosing between Amos or Callahan or Massive I'm going to be looking back and thinking, gee, maybe we shouldn't have pissed away $25m on Glennon and Daniel...

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 pm 
Hall of Famer

I think Daniel's greatest impact on this team is "tutoring" Trubisky. Let's not make this more than what it is.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
I think Daniel's greatest impact on this team is "tutoring" Trubisky. Let's not make this more than what it is.

That's fine until Amos is wearing another jersey because Trubisky got another $7m of coaching in addition to Nagy, Helfrich, Ragone...

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

malk wrote:
UOK wrote:
wab wrote:

After Nick Foles left the Eagles the first time he got contracts of $4m, $1.75m and $1.6m. I don't think giving $5m per year and $7m guaranteed to Daniel wasn't particularly smart from Pace, especially with a new coach and years where we're likely not competing for a ring (though hopefully we're outside, but genuine, contenders next year).

I know everything is supposed to be fine right now but when we have to start choosing between Amos or Callahan or Massive I'm going to be looking back and thinking, gee, maybe we shouldn't have pissed away $25m on Glennon and Daniel...

There's no doubt about Glennon. You'll never get a single argument from me about that. It wasn't a horrible deal to get out of, but it was probably on the surface the worst contract in Bears history.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:32 pm 
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
G08 wrote:

That's fine until Amos is wearing another jersey because Trubisky got another $7m of coaching in addition to Nagy, Helfrich, Ragone...

We can cut him for $3M of dead cap space after this season.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:08 pm 
Mod

malk wrote:
G08 wrote:

NFL contracts aren't as black and white as you tend to make them. If the Bears want to keep Amos they can, regardless of a contract they gave a QB two years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next