Dowell (defense dictates what we run on offense) Loggains

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

So has Gase's shine tarnished a bit? I don't think he has done much since there. Sure Tannehill was gone last year, but Gase had his guy Cutler fill in. I think Gase just needs to stay an OC.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:So has Gase's shine tarnished a bit? I don't think he has done much since there. Sure Tannehill was gone last year, but Gase had his guy Cutler fill in. I think Gase just needs to stay an OC.
Lots of roster turnover and they were hamstrung by some bad contracts eating up a large percentage of the cap, bad offensive line and other issues. I sense he won't make it further than next season unless something turns around but I don't know how much of a reflection that is on him.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:So has Gase's shine tarnished a bit? I don't think he has done much since there. Sure Tannehill was gone last year, but Gase had his guy Cutler fill in. I think Gase just needs to stay an OC.
He went into a pretty crappy situation. Tannehill is really not very good. Above average on his best days. Lots of roster turnover, and the defense is not good. Too much to fix in 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

Both Gase and Loggains have loads of experience going against Fangio. I would think they will have a few things in store for us that we will not be expecting.

Perhaps an early lead for the Dolphins until we figure out what they are doing/attacking.

16th ranked defense so I think we should be able to move the ball on them. I don't know enough about their strengths/weaknesses to have an idea of how we will attack them. Might do some digging later.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
dplank
Hall of Famer

Fangio is a great coach and great at putting a gameplan together. BUT, I've been less impressed with his ability to make 'in game' adjustments. See: Packers, Green Bay. Plus many other examples.
malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Both Gase and Loggains have loads of experience going against Fangio. I would think they will have a few things in store for us that we will not be expecting.

Perhaps an early lead for the Dolphins until we figure out what they are doing/attacking.

16th ranked defense so I think we should be able to move the ball on them. I don't know enough about their strengths/weaknesses to have an idea of how we will attack them. Might do some digging later.
We might not be expecting it but you can't really gameplan around the pass rush getting home and getting there quickly. Plus, Fangio has the same experience against Gase and Loggains. I'll go with the more talented unit here.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
G08 wrote:Both Gase and Loggains have loads of experience going against Fangio. I would think they will have a few things in store for us that we will not be expecting.

We might not be expecting it but you can't really gameplan around the pass rush getting home and getting there quickly. Plus, Fangio has the same experience against Gase and Loggains. I'll go with the more talented unit here.
Dolphin fan forums are lamenting over how bad their OL is. Not a good recipe for beating the Bears. If Hicks and Mack are blowing up their opposition, and RRH and Nichols are rotating on a regular basis, it's going to be a LONG day for Tannehill. He's also proven to make bad decisions under extreme duress.
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:

True, but that's where coverage on the back-end is paramount. I hope Amukamara is healthy enough to start opposite Fuller. Tolliver was fine in spot duty, but I'd rather that kid slowly work his way in as opposed to being a weakness that teams will look to exploit.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
malk wrote:

True, but that's where coverage on the back-end is paramount. I hope Amukamara is healthy enough to start opposite Fuller. Tolliver was fine in spot duty, but I'd rather that kid slowly work his way in as opposed to being a weakness that teams will look to exploit.
I don't think that the Fins WR's are very good. Except for maybe DeVante Parker, who doesn't want to be in Miami, and is looking for a trade. If there was any team for Toliver to get some reps against, it might be Miami. I would rather Amukamara get healthy, and be available for the Pats game.
Bad Flanders
MVP

KOP_Snake wrote:I don't know man. He practiced against this defense for 3 years. He might know some stuff.
Fangio also practiced against Loggains offense for a few years. And I'm pretty sure Fangio > Loggains.

But I agree, trap game due to the history of the coaching staffs and front offices. But honestly, I'm more afraid of Buffalo's Cybil-esque offense, could be top 5 or bottom 5 on any given week?!?!? WTF... that one is hard know what's coming.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Gase might be smart.
Loggains is not smart.
Fangio is definitely smart.

I feel its a draw at worst there. I think Nagy, Mack, and the fact that no one on Miami scares me makes me feel pretty good.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BearsFanInMN wrote:Gase might be smart.
Loggains is not smart.
Fangio is definitely smart.

I feel its a draw at worst there. I think Nagy, Mack, and the fact that no one on Miami scares me makes me feel pretty good.
Some of the fans on the Dolphins' sites are begging to let Loggains have the chance to call the plays. Fools.

Dolphins' fans seem to think that their QB is going to get run over by a truck on Sunday, given how beat up their OL is. But they also seem to think that they can get to Trubisky and make him throw some picks. We'll see. I believe that our OL is significantly better than their DL, but that's why they play the game. Who knows.