Bears sign Bryan Witzmann

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Seems similar to Sowell... so unless he's hurt I don't get it.
Well he might be better and after a week or two of acclimation Sowell might be gone.
UOK
Site Admin

FWIW Kush had a neck injury that limited him in practice this week so this signing may have been as an emergency pickup in case Kush couldn't go Sunday. Witzmann has experience in Nagy's system from his days in KC.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:FWIW Kush had a neck injury that limited him in practice this week so this signing may have been as an emergency pickup in case Kush couldn't go Sunday. Witzmann has experience in Nagy's system from his days in KC.
Makes sense. I hope Daniels gets the start, plays well, and like Cake so eloquently said, "He's going the distance".
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
wab
Mod

He did start 13 games for the Chiefs last year, and they were good enough on offense that we hired Nagy. He's also a year younger than Massie and Sowell, if that means anything.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I'm bumping this back up to the top.

I re-watched the game, and I thought Witzmann did really well. Like REALLY well. He stonewalled his guy at the line almost every time in pass pro. I wasn't paying particular attention in the run game, but for pass blocking I thought he was really solid.
GSH
MVP

yeah the pass protection was noticeably good against detroit. other than the sack, mitch had a ton of time.