WEEK 6 // Bears lose to Dolphins 31-28 in OT

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

posted before

I just can't see this defense allowing Miami to do anything.

Bears 24
Miami 3
Ormazd
MVP

Bears 27
Dolphins 21
cblaz11
MVP

Bears win 27-20

I’m nervous about the team looking past Miami with NE up next. That said, I think we’re watching one of the next great coaches in the making with Nagy and him having 2 weeks to gameplan and prepare is huge.

The dolphins short passing game plays into our hand perfectly because of the way Vic disguises his coverage schemes. We could see our best sack output of he season because of it.This is the game we really see Roquan Smiths talent on display. I’m expecting a big game out of him. That said, Adam Gase knows offense and he knows Vic’s D...This should be a good chess match.

On offense...I want to see Nagy keep his foot on the gas. Push the ball..force this defense to sit back then hammer the inside of their defense with Jordan Howard and Cohen. I’m betting Daniels gets the start and I think we see a significant difference with our inside running game. It looks like Wake is going to be out again, which only makes things worse for that front 7. I’m hoping we naturally get Howard going and Nagy doesn’t force it because of the outside noise.

This game will tell us if we’re as good as the numbers say..If we truly are a playoff contender this is a game we have to win.
wab
Mod

PFT Still hates the Bears:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:PFT Still hates the Bears:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.
That is outrageous. They beat the Titans in Mike Vrabel's first game as head coach, the Jets in Sam Darnold's second game of his career, and Oakland who has arguably the worst defense in the league.

Miami's giving up about 2 sacks a game. That will change on Sunday. Tannehill is coming off a major knee injury. He's going to have orange in his face all day, and he's going to make some VERY ill-advised throws. There's some talent in their secondary, but I like our Tackles against Wake and Quinn, and Wake hasn’t practiced this week. I like Mitch to complete 66% of his passes with 2 TDs. I really like Miami's Xavien Howard and Minkah Fitzpatrick. One of them may get a pick.

CHI - 31

MIA - 13
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Chi 27
Miami 17 with a TD in garbage time to make it look closer than it was.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.
Given the state of the Dolphins OL, the Bears are going to be able to get pressure by rushing 4-5, and the Dolphins are going to have to keep 6-7 to block. Which means there will be 6-7 Bears to cover 3-4 receivers. I don't see that working well for them.

My guess is that they will start with some screen plays and short passes to try and slow down the rush. After Roquan and Eddie completely blow that up, it will get ugly fast.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I heard on the radio or somewhere that the line started Bears +1 and has moved to Bears -3. That's quite a move in a few days without player changes.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I'm not confident that the Bears can repeat their offensive production from a couple of weeks ago, but I am confident that the defense is up to the task. Dolphins can probably move the ball with their short passing game, but not often enough to win.

Bears 23
Miami 13
BR0D1E86
MVP

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/ ... 58466?s=20

We’re all glad it’s over too, you clown.
BR0D1E86
MVP

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/statu ... 16192?s=20

A couple relevant Dolphins injuries look unlikely to go.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/statu ... 16192?s=20

A couple relevant Dolphins injuries look unlikely to go.
If Wake can't go, that's a big loss for them, and great for Biscuits. BUT, if Tunsil can't go, or gets pulled from the game, that OL is a sitting duck. It will be a straight jail break every snap. Especially with Hicks deciding he is going to "Destroy everything" this Sunday. YIKES!
UOK
Site Admin

Amukamara expected to play Sunday, per multiple reports.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I think the Dolphins defense is decent, and playing a good defense on the road is tough. I could see our offense struggling a little bit early, but we'll still win the field position game. Say it's 10-3 at the half. Then in the second half Tannehill is thoroghly beat up and starts making mistakes. Turnovers give Mitch & Friends extra help and they add another two TDs

Bears 24
Dolphins 10
xyt in the discord chats
Funkster
MVP

UOK wrote:Amukamara expected to play Sunday, per multiple reports.
This is really good news 8-)
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
UOK
Site Admin

@kfishbain
12s
Bears rookie WR Anthony Miller will wear a harness for his shoulder in his return to the field Sunday. He said he wore one for the entire 2017 season at Memphis on the same arm, so he’s not concerned about playing with it.

@OmarKelly
2m
Dolphins Defensive End Cameron Wake is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Bears.
G08
Hall of Famer

@OmarKelly
2m
Dolphins Defensive End Cameron Wake is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Bears.

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

One thing that hasn't really been discussed on this thread is the athleticism of the Dolphins WR's. They are very fast. Any worry about that? My feeling is that the Bears DL/OLB aren't going to give Tannehill enough time to allow downfield plays to develop. Since they really don't have much of a running game, the Bears can sell out a little on the pass as well.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I’d try to find a reason not to play this defense too, if I was him...

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/10 ... 23201?s=20

I believe Brockweiler is their backup.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Tunsil will play though...

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status ... 23459?s=20

Too bad. Would have been a free for all if he’d been out.
docc
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Image
Nice!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

It's Saturday, and I've got butterflies. I'm nervous that the Bears are going to come crashing back down to Earth tomorrow. As a Bears fan, I am conditioned to think this, and it sucks.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:It's Saturday, and I've got butterflies. I'm nervous that the Bears are going to come crashing back down to Earth tomorrow. As a Bears fan, I am conditioned to think this, and it sucks.
I've got your prescription ready, bud:

1 part college football
2 parts bourbon

mix and take every hour as needed
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Tried to post my prediction in another post a few nights ago but had an error so not sure if it posted or not and don't feel like going through each page lol...

It will be interesting to see Gase VS Nagy... I hope Loggans looks as stupid as he did in Chicago.

Bears <31 - 13> Loggins
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Whatever Loggains thinks he knows about Fangio won't compete with what Fangio knows about Gase and Loggains. Fangios the alpha in that little group and it won't be pretty. I'm excited to see how Nagy gets the team through the bye week. I think we'll be fine. What I really want to see is the offense "clicking" again and early. What if, and I know this is scary, but what if we can do that to all defenses? Maybe it was just the Bucs that got to see it happen live and in person. I watch Erin throw to wide ass open receivers game after game. Maybe we start to hit the wide open guys too. Our offense is loaded with playmakers and I think they're ready to eat now, not next year.

Bears: 42
Fins: 6
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:It's Saturday, and I've got butterflies. I'm nervous that the Bears are going to come crashing back down to Earth tomorrow. As a Bears fan, I am conditioned to think this, and it sucks.
I've got your prescription ready, bud:

1 part college football
2 parts bourbon

mix and take every hour as needed
That’s a DAMN good prescription. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

In years past I was nervous about bye weeks, but I think Nagy is so far ahead of our coaches the past decade that the team will be focused and prepared.
GSH
MVP

one thing i thought was interesting that Ive never heard from a bears coach before was that Nagy said going into the bye week that they would use the time to 'self-scout' and identify tendencies they had shown as playcallers in the first few weeks and adjust to keep opps on their toes.

Cerebral use of time that I think goes to show how far away from the trestman and fox eras this team is.