31st St. Lot Tailgating

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

kort26
Rookie

Has anyone been to the 31st St. lot for tailgating yet this year? I guess more specifically the Tampa game, since the Seahawks game was a Monday night.

Just wondering if the lot was once again opening at 8 am (like last year) - or did they go back to letting you in whenever you can get there? I was at the opener in 2017 in this lot, and boy were people pissed when they found out they couldn't get in until 8 am. And then it took forever to even get in, and then they directed you to park (use to be able to park wherever you wanted).

Cost, hassle, etc. - if anyone has any insight, please let me know. Coming to Jets game with buddies to tailgate. I'm a STH but usually park way west and just walk to the game.

Thanks for any info!
rcordova624
Rookie

Tailgated there a couple weeks ago vs the Bucs. Great game. Still not letting anyone in until 8am though. Line sucked. We were in line at 7:45 am and didn't start setting up in lot until around 8:30am. We ended up going to the 24th St lot to avoid the line. Sucks that they don't allow canopies anymore either. We are planning on tailgating for the Jets game too and we expect rain.
kort26
Rookie

Thanks for the info - the information on soldierfieldparking.com couldn't be more confusing. For the 24th St Lot, they tell you to exit at 31st St and take Moe Drive north. Sounds like there couldn't be worse directions than that in the world - because you're getting off with all of the people trying to get into the 31st St Lot, while you're trying to get to the 24th St lot. I've tried calling these parking lot companies and they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground - they have no clue where these lots even are.

I've been to two games in Green Bay - tailgating couldn't be more encouraged or easy to do. Why is it so damn difficult in Illinois?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Because it is Chicago, which is in IL and both are fucked beyond belief.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Because it is Chicago, which is in IL and both are fucked beyond belief.
If you want to continue posting in this thread, you must pay several tolls. Thanks for posting in the state of Illinois!
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Because it is Chicago, which is in IL and both are fucked beyond belief.
If you want to continue posting in this thread, you must pay several tolls. Thanks for posting in the state of Illinois!
Every letter is also subject to the, uh, I dunno... we'll call it the Alphabet Tax.

Thanks!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS