Khalil Mack injury..any news ?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

Any reports..? I don't get local news and papers down here.. Have not seen any reports on the net..
Only "tests" will be done...
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I heard he got rolled up on a little. Nothing serious. The way it was taped up on Sunday didn't appear to be a high ankle sprain, but I'm not an expert. I just hope he's able to get treatment and get back to 95%.
UOK
Site Admin

Per the Trib:
Bears coach Matt Nagy didn’t provide an update on Khalil Mack’s injured right ankle beyond saying the outside linebacker would undergo tests this week and the team would know more in a couple of days.

Mack injured his ankle in the first half against the Dolphins on Sunday but re-entered and wound up playing 79 percent of the Bears snaps on defense.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

it seemed bad enough to keep him from being an impact on the pass rush so that kind of has me worried a bit

seeing him on the sidelines in street clothes when the Patriots roll into town would add another 10-17 possible points to the Patriots final score
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Funkster
MVP

I wouldn’t worry about to much, dude hasn’t missed a game since high school!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Umbali
MVP

Funkster wrote:I wouldn’t worry about to much, dude hasn’t missed a game since high school!

but he wasnt playing for The Bears during that time period :frustrated:
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
G08
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:
Funkster wrote:I wouldn’t worry about to much, dude hasn’t missed a game since high school!

I thought the exact same thing :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Umbali wrote:

I thought the exact same thing :lol:
+1^^^ :frustrated:

The sad state of Bears' fandom.
docc
Head Coach

I am old..
I learned a long time ago to worry about things I KNOW are real..and not about guess..opinion..speculations..

It is what it is..
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:it seemed bad enough to keep him from being an impact on the pass rush so that kind of has me worried a bit

seeing him on the sidelines in street clothes when the Patriots roll into town would add another 10-17 possible points to the Patriots final score
I think that was more a factor of the heat vs the ankle. The entire defense was done after the first half.
wab
Mod

Mack also didn't have any offseason work either. He's still essentially working his way back into football shape.
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote:Mack also didn't have any offseason work either. He's still essentially working his way back into football shape.
This is week 6, he should be in football shape by now. I don’t think we can single him out as not in football shape, seeing the entire defense huffing and puffing leads me to believe the defense was impacted by heat. I think Mack’s lack of production was attributed to Gase making him a focal point not getting to the QB, they were chipping and double teaming him all game. Not to mention Ja'Wuan James was holding down his side. Both the heat and the game plan really slowed him down. My bet is he snaps back this game into the Mack we got used to seeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
UOK
Site Admin

Mack hasn't practiced this week, for those wondering.
EricTighe
MVP

Resting for Sunday. :)
wab
Mod

I imagine he'll get the Kyle Long treatment for the remainder of the season.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

@AdamSchefter tells @GerryCallahan that the Bears plan on Khalil Mack playing this Sunday.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

Even if he's not 100%, he'll be the focal point of the offense's protection. Someone else has to fucking step up *glares at Leonard Floyd*

If Floyd can't cut it, get my boy Fitts in there!

UOK
Site Admin

@markgrotesports
5m
Khalil Mack on what this week has been like: “Getting prepared mentally more so than physically.”
G08
Hall of Famer

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go... dude is a warrior.

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

If floyd gets a penalty I want it on a possible two things. A suplex of Brady, or a suplex of Gronk.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Floyd couldn't suplex Gronk with a forklift.
UOK
Site Admin

Mack left the locker room early after the game, deliberately avoiding Chicago media. Nagy said the right things though:

“Again, but you don’t want to put somebody out there that could harm himself because he’s going to re-injure it or it’s not good for him. But you know, he felt pretty good and felt like he could give it a go, and we trusted that. So I’ll be — we’ll go ahead and check it on tape and see how he was last week and this week.”
wab
Mod

You can tell he's struggling.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:You can tell he's struggling.
Yep, but you're not going to do more damage to a HAS. It just has to heal. You can tape it and immobilize it, and it hurts, but it will get better over the course of 4-6 weeks.
EricTighe
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:You can tell he's struggling.
Yep, but you're not going to do more damage to a HAS. It just has to heal. You can tape it and immobilize it, and it hurts, but it will get better over the course of 4-6 weeks.
I do not know so just asking?

Even if it doesn't make the injury any worse is it possible it could cause another injury due to your body naturally compensating for the injured area?
G08
Hall of Famer

A buddy told me Mack will have games where he completely disappears. Didn't say if it was injury related but maybe we are seeing this.

I'm more pissed off that with our OLBs being double teamed our down linemen aren't doing shit and Fangio isn't adjusting with brining more blitzes (he's always been this way).

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

my take is the injury is more troubling than publicly spoken about and Mack is clearly having difficulty with it

soft tissue injuries are a bitch, and sprains can end up being sometimes more problematic than a broken bone

maybe he needs a week or 2 off? I'd hate to see him hobbled for the rest of the season while playing through it
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
EricTighe
MVP

G08 wrote:A buddy told me Mack will have games where he completely disappears. Didn't say if it was injury related but maybe we are seeing this.
Your buddy is wrong. Here in SoCal I have seen almost every game he has played. Lots of Raider fans here so they show them all the time. Not to mention name one HOF who hasn't had an off day?

Why do you think I would have traded the kitchen sink to get him. There are only defenders in his class.
Aaron Donald
JJ Watt

Trust me when I tell you your buddy is way off.
wab
Mod

EricTighe wrote:
G08 wrote:A buddy told me Mack will have games where he completely disappears. Didn't say if it was injury related but maybe we are seeing this.
Your buddy is wrong. Here in SoCal I have seen almost every game he has played. Lots of Raider fans here so they show them all the time. Not to mention name one HOF who hasn't had an off day?

Why do you think I would have traded the kitchen sink to get him. There are only defenders in his class.
Aaron Donald
JJ Watt

Is he wrong. I mean Mack has literally had two game where he has disappeared.

No one is down on the guy. Just calling it as it is.
EricTighe
MVP

wab wrote:
EricTighe wrote:

Aaron Donald
JJ Watt

Is he wrong. I mean Mack has literally had two game where he has disappeared.

No one is down on the guy. Just calling it as it is.
If you're calling it as it is. I only have one question?

What are your expectations for him? ( I am beginning to think some think the man is Superman)