The tape never lies...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Sound like playing as a rookie for John Fox really fucked with his head, and its still taking time to get over it. You just know Fox had to be drilling it into his head, pointing at Glennon's tape, saying "You wanna be benched? Play like THIS."
Bad Flanders
MVP

wab wrote:The sideline reporter made a comment yesterday about how Mitch said something to her during pregame along the lines of "I trust the line, I trust the backs, I trust the receivers, and I trust the coaches...so really it's just me getting out of my own head and letting things happen".

They just kind of glossed over it during the broadcast, but I thought it was an important nugget.
I caught that too. And you can tell he's really trying things to make this work. He's got what it takes to make this all work.

He's going to spend the first years of his career compared to Mahomes and that is what it is. Dan Marino, John Elway, and Jim Kelly were all drafted the same year too... AND Vick and Brees were drafted the same year and for the first couple years Vick looked like the winner there! LOL.

The fact of the matter is that Mahomes has attempted over 1,700 passes at the division 1A or pro level. Trubisky started this year under 1,000 attempts at the same level. (btw - Trubisky's completion percentage since entering college to now is 64.5% compared to Mahomes's 64.0%... and Tru did that with more passes at the harder pro level!)

The haters will hate, they will do so because no one can live up to their false memory of some mythical past of Bears greatness (it was just one year!) or they will hate because the team was so bad for so long that some of the fans it attracted can only get off on having a crappy team more than a good one or just because they hated the trade up at the time and have some weird personal pride invested in be correct more than they value winning.

Take away. Tru REALLY doesn't have as much experience as anyone else. He's got work to do. AND he's doing it, right now, before our eyes. I was nervous the first couple of games but he has more than earned all the patience in the world this year, and it's not even like we need to be THAT patient, he's already having one of (if not THE) best seasons of any Bears QB ever.

Another take away. I shouldn't compare Mahomes to Vick! I'm sure Patrick is a great guy. But if you see him stocking up on dogs... just sayin'!
sturf
Journeyman

The press conference where Trubisky acknowledged that he was a reps person. That he actually has to be on the field and experience to understand it put things in perspective for me. Right now his lack of college snaps compared to his peers hurts him, but over time he is going to close that gap. Sometimes I think we have to remind ourselves how many great QB's didn't light the world on fire to start out with. Those QB's usually had the right coaching staff to develop them though, and for once I believe the Bears actually have that.
G08
Hall of Famer

sturf wrote:The press conference where Trubisky acknowledged that he was a reps person. That he actually has to be on the field and experience to understand it put things in perspective for me. Right now his lack of college snaps compared to his peers hurts him, but over time he is going to close that gap. Sometimes I think we have to remind ourselves how many great QB's didn't light the world on fire to start out with. Those QB's usually had the right coaching staff to develop them though, and for once I believe the Bears actually have that.
Bingo. God-willing the kid stays healthy and he gets to grow in this offense with our weapons.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
dplank
Hall of Famer

That's great, but it makes Nagy's decision to sit him for pretty much the entire pre season even more infuriating.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Orlovsky shares some reason for hope: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Throwing here the second his (properly identified) receiver gets an advantage. Confidence showing here
xyt in the discord chats
Pagan
MVP

PFF does some very real metrics & CAN be useful.. problem is, the they, the like just about any "news" type agency is a commercially 1st driven $ making company.

Which means that hot take~ click bait BS is also, and unfortunately, simply part of their game.

More than ever we need to continue to take all info with a grain of salt.

It's just impossible to acknowledge that the Bears have a #10 ranked offense yet somehow getting there with a subpar running game AND one of the leagues worst QB's!
At least 1 of those 3 things can not be true.