WEEK 11 // Bears defeat Vikings 25-20

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Do you guys think that Biscuit's 2 INTs are because of busted routes or was it something else? IDK. They looked like busted routes to me.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Great win. I know it adds fuel to the national media skeptics like the Michael Lombardi's and the Colin Cowherd's of the world that aren't sold on Trubisky. That was a great defense the Bears just played and Drew Brees struggled with similar stats when they played them a few weeks ago. The Bears defense was extremely impressive and overall it was a much needed victory with the short turnaround this week. Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Bears can win on the road against the Lions with only 84 hours of rest. They have to travel to Detroit, they already played them once before two weeks ago with the Lions getting embarrassed and didn't have Darius Slay. We'll see, I'll enjoy this one though!
Last edited by DaSuperfan on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never Die Easy
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

The Marshall Plan wrote:Do you guys think that Biscuit's 2 INTs are because of busted routes or was it something else? IDK. They looked like busted routes to me.
The first one just looked like a pre-determined read and he was going there no matter what. In hindsight he should have pulled back and threw the check down to Miller on a crossing route underneath.

I think the 2nd one was a busted route and mistiming between him and ARob. He was expecting ARob to break inside and ARob got tangled up with the DB and never broke inside.
Never Die Easy
BR0D1E86
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:Do you guys think that Biscuit's 2 INTs are because of busted routes or was it something else? IDK. They looked like busted routes to me.
The first one was just a poor decision into a zone where the safety was in position. It was actually a pretty damn accurate throw.
G08
Hall of Famer

The first one I think was Mitch being aggressive within the timing of the play. He's going to learn when to let that ball rip and when to check it down. Truth be told, I thought it was a hell of a throw and catch by Gabriel... turns out the defender made a better play on the ball.

The second one, no idea what happened... what I fucking HATED seeing was Robinson half-ass trying to tackle the corner and it cost us another 35-40 yards.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
BR0D1E86
MVP

I don’t remember who mentioned what Brees did against this defense, but it’s fair to note that Brees had 120 yards, 1td, 1int against this defense a couple weeks ago. They’re real good.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
The first one I think was Mitch being aggressive within the timing of the play. He's going to learn when to let that ball rip and when to check it down. Truth be told, I thought it was a hell of a throw and catch by Gabriel... turns out the defender made a better play on the ball.

The second one, no idea what happened... what I fucking HATED seeing was Robinson half-ass trying to tackle the corner and it cost us another 35-40 yards.
I don't think Robinson was right in that game. Not sure what happened, but he did not look healthy. Maybe it was that first big hit he took.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:

Agreed on the picks. He believe he threw into double coverage in the middle of field on the first one and the second one looked like they weren’t on the same page.

I also saw Robinson give up on the play, head shake worthy.

Those interceptions don’t bother me. Those are good learning tools, Tru could’ve been trying to do to much, he seems like one that will learn and make adjustments.

One thing to point out is the Vikings pass defense is legit. They sit 7th in best pass defense according to opponents passer ratings. This same Vikings defense also held Drew f’ing Brees to 120 yards,1TD, 1int and a rating of 84.8.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Nagy said in his presser that on the first int the db made a great play. I agree with that. Sometimes we gotta remember the other team gets paid well to stop the opposing offense. The vikings D is very good and did their jobs well on that play.

On the second int, as others have mentioned, I was far more upset with Arobs lack of effort. If he had kept running he could have tackled that guy at two different points and then that int would have been just like a punt. His lack of effort led to the long run back that i believe gave them a field goal.

I believe I am in the minority but I thought mitch played well. He was in command of the offense and controlled the game at the line of scrimmage. He ran when he needed to and made some clutch throws. I went into this game expecring it to resemble to steelers/ravens games of the last decade and that is what we got. Two good d's trading blows while the o's try to do enough to win.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Rewatching the game. The deflected pass, where Callahan leaped in the air, but dropped the ball. If you watch Jackson, he was about to run under that ball and take it to the house. So close.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

nice game, nice win

game wouldn't have been as close if the Bears didn't help the Vikings to their first 6 points

Trubisky was great, and crappy (second interception was a "wtf?" moment), but ended up with a thumbs up overall

Bears defense was awesome except for the final Viking scoring drive ... even Mack commented during his post game on them needing to button up when closing things out, so it appears Mr. Mack is not a fan of the soft prevent

7-3 and in control ... I have no complaints
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Middleguard
MVP

The easiest game to predict so far (based on average of everyone's error):
2 Mr.Irrelevant
8 Bears Whiskey Nut
14 Nanky / BearButtseks
18 DaSuperfan / malk
24 GSH
26 crueltyabc / Middleguard / wab
38 Ormazd / The Marshall Plan
56 UOK
72 Boris13c
86 southdakbearfan
96 HurricaneBear
114 Mikefive
128 mohner1
134 Funkster
186 Z Bear
224 mmmc_35
234 G08
288 Pagan
338 AZ_Bearfan
344 Knuckles
392 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
24 WagonForce
38 Bearfanuk
38 Otis Day
234 MoFugger

Atkins&Rebel and EricTighe need predictions in all 6 remaining games to remain eligible for my awards. But keep predicting the score of Bears' games, regardless.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Boris13c wrote:this is fun to watch

Every big Bears defensive play on 'SNF'

This sure got me fired up. Whole defense playing with intensity and speed.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:The easiest game to predict so far (based on average of everyone's error):
2 Mr.Irrelevant
8 Bears Whiskey Nut
14 Nanky / BearButtseks
18 DaSuperfan / malk
24 GSH
26 crueltyabc / Middleguard / wab
38 Ormazd / The Marshall Plan
56 UOK
72 Boris13c
86 southdakbearfan
96 HurricaneBear
114 Mikefive
128 mohner1
134 Funkster
186 Z Bear
224 mmmc_35
234 G08
288 Pagan
338 AZ_Bearfan
344 Knuckles
392 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
24 WagonForce
38 Bearfanuk
38 Otis Day
234 MoFugger

Atkins&Rebel and EricTighe need predictions in all 6 remaining games to remain eligible for my awards. But keep predicting the score of Bears' games, regardless.
Hey G08. A 226 point difference...

Cheers!