This is a legit franchise now... This was the turning point!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Watching the postgame.

Nagy is SUCH a good coach. He is so keyed into the players on his team. He GETS it. Just WOW!
BR0D1E86
MVP

How is that top 10 pick for Mack looking for Gruden now?

Not that it will matter to him if he ends up choking out his quarterback on the sideline.
docc
Head Coach

any link for post game ?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:How is that top 10 pick for Mack looking for Gruden now?

Not that it will matter to him if he ends up choking out his quarterback on the sideline.
Yeah...that trade may not work out the way he wanted it to. Right now, it looks like next year's 1st rounder will be in the high 20's.
Pagan
MVP

At this point, the ONLY NFC team in the Bears way of all of us fans posting picks of our 2018 Super Bowl parties is the New Orleans Saints.

This victory made it official, but the turning point was hiring *Pace.
Then Pace hiring Coach Nagy, Nagy building his coaching staff around a budding franchise QB.

Essentially... this offseason was the Chicago Bears turning point!
EricTighe
MVP

I believe the turning point was when we went out and got Mack.

Slowly but surely the Bears nation isn't waiting for the sky to fall.

But they are still out there and it is understandable.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Watching the postgame.

Nagy is SUCH a good coach. He is so keyed into the players on his team. He GETS it. Just WOW!
Big change from Fox and Lovie pressers... He only says he needs to look at the tape if he really can't remember off hand instead of using that to not answer any questions. Other than after the Miami game where he seemed agitated he's been fun to listen to. He does get it... He's not afraid to talk about individual players and he will also explain why certain things happened that only he and the team would know and not be afraid to say certain things but at the same time he's really calculated in the information he gives out. In the past coaches would also use that as an excuse to not talk to the press but Nagy isn't afraid to give out information that's not giving away anything to another team.

I think it's important with the Chicago media that Nagy give the info he does especially about Mitch like last night when he made a point to talk about how great the Vikings D was and how hard it is to pass against them and then he spoke about the good plays Mitch had and explained a little about the one INT and how the timing was off a little between AR and Mitch because the D played that well. Otherwise, all you hear is the media's take Monday morning and the Chicago media loves to bitch about every little detail. But, when the coach is willing to give a little info out it squashes any attempt to sell a different narrative.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
wab wrote:All day my wife was like "wtf is wrong with you". I was so stressed out today... but it was a legit win. Super happy.
Were you worrying about the Leno jersey all day?

:rofl:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:At this point, the ONLY NFC team in the Bears way of all of us fans posting picks of our 2018 Super Bowl parties is the New Orleans Saints.

This victory made it official, but the turning point was hiring *Pace.
Then Pace hiring Coach Nagy, Nagy building his coaching staff around a budding franchise QB.

Essentially... this offseason was the Chicago Bears turning point!

a complete, and necessary, overhaul resulting in a Bears team and organization built to win now AND have a solid foundation for the future

we saw something similar years ago (well, at least we old timers did) when the Bears allowed Jim Finks free reign to fix the mess that was being passed off as a football team ... Finks got his guys, Papa Bears got his guy to run it, and a Super Bowl champion was built before our eyes

and then they let it all turn to shit yet again

but now we are on the right track and have the right people in place to make it happen ... and even if they don't get the ring this year, there is legitimate reason to expect one to come soon and for the bears to be in the mix for years to come
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:All day my wife was like "wtf is wrong with you". I was so stressed out today... but it was a legit win. Super happy.
I was pacing around all day. I hate the night games.
I was lost throughout the day Sunday. It just felt so weird to do my evening stuff in the middle of the day and then make sure all my other shit was done in the morning.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:How is that top 10 pick for Mack looking for Gruden now?

Yeah...that trade may not work out the way he wanted it to. Right now, it looks like next year's 1st rounder will be in the high 20's.

Flip side is that the Raiders 2nd rounder is going to be a very high pick for us.
TheSting
Practice Squad

Rakshir wrote:
Flip side is that the Raiders 2nd rounder is going to be a very high pick for us.
Raiders pick 32nd and we pick next right? :evilgrin:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

TheSting wrote:
Rakshir wrote:
Dude. It's not too far fetched to believe that in 2020, when we get Oakland's 2nd rounder, that they will get a 30th or 31st pick, and we'll get like the 33rd - 35th. which would make the trade look like even more of a disaster than it already was.
docc
Head Coach

I spent Sunday tuning my Hot Rods in the shop..75* day,, Watching the early games..so I would be fresh minded for the Bears ..
AND it was Fresh..

Bears games are now exciting..hopeful and PROFESSIONAL and us fans are felling..seeing and watching the baby grow..

The LA v KC game was sort absurd..I am an older guy..
I want to see brutal Defense..and strong offense..half of that was on display Monday..
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
TheSting wrote:
Rakshir wrote:
Dude. It's not too far fetched to believe that in 2020, when we get Oakland's 2nd rounder, that they will get a 30th or 31st pick, and we'll get like the 33rd - 35th. which would make the trade look like even more of a disaster than it already was.
LOL, like Lando Calrissian says, "This deal is getting worse all the time."