Thanksgiving (WEEK 12) // Bears beat Lions 23-16

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

thunderspirit
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote:
UOK wrote:This is a loss. 7-4.
Yeah, it does not look like the Bears' game.
I am very glad to be wrong about this. :headbang:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Otis Day wrote:I haven't hate a Packer more than I hate Clay Mathews and A A Ron. Cannot root for them. I don't trust the Pack. If they start to win and somehow make the playoffs (seems pretty small chance at this second) and would fear them just because of A A Ron. The sooner the Pack get knocked out the better.

I prefer the Bears just take care of their own business and not have to rely on anyone.
Exactly. Let MN bury the Packers and we take care of business. I will never root for the Pack.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
IotaNet
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:Rooting for another tie between them
This right here.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
docc
Head Coach

3. Chicago Bears (8-3)
You were wrong if you thought the Bears would stumble Thursday on an extremely short week -- and without their starting quarterback. A 23-16 victory over the Lions concluded a season-defining stretch that produced three NFC North victories in a 12-day span. Only two games remain against teams who currently have winning records, and the division title -- which would be the Bears' first since 2010 -- is within sight. FPI gives them an 80 percent chance to win the NFC North and a 95 percent chance to reach the playoffs, independent of Thursday's other results.

ESPN..

Next up: at New York Giants

..obvious..but still nice to see after all the past Foxian Garbage that was obvious also
docc
Head Coach

Bears defense rises to the occasion, stuffing runs and choking the turkey hole to 23-16 win over Lions
Choking the Turkey Hole ??

Well I guess..
Windy City Gridiron
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:It's very possible that if the Bears beat the Giants, and lose to the Rams, and the Vikings lose to the Pats and the Seahawks, that the Bears could be playing for the division title against the Packers in week 14 at Soldier Field. Is that right?
There's a really good chance you're right.

I took a look at it and here's what I came up:

Ultimately the tie on the Vikings and (Fuck The) Packers records is their undoing. I went with a worst case scenario for the Bears where we only beat the Giants and the Packers going forward (which includes a loss to the 49ers BTW). I have the Vikings beating the Packers this Sunday.

Bears 8-3
Remaining Games:
Giants W
Rams L
Packers W
49ers L
Vikings L

Ending Record: 10-6

Vikings 5-4-1
Remaining Games:
Packers W
Patriots L
Seahawks L
Dolphins W
Lions W
Bears W

Ending Record: 9-6-1

Packers 4-5-1
Remaining Games:
Vikings L
Cardinals W
Falcons W
Bears L
Jets W
Lions W

Ending Record: 8-7-1
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Great TEAM win today. Mitch definitely should have quieted his critics today...from the sideline. The team is far more dynamic with him in. The run game was weak, but Chase did what was needed in the air to make up for it. He showed some grit today as well. Ultimately it was the right choice to play him and let Mitch heal. The defense can hang with anybody so far, however, we need Fangio to develop a game plan to deal with the endless dink-dunk to YAC 1st downs as I expect further opponents to use it more to negate the pass rush like today.

Next week will be a challenge for them despite the Giants record, Saquon and Odell are a tough combo.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:It's very possible that if the Bears beat the Giants, and lose to the Rams, and the Vikings lose to the Pats and the Seahawks, that the Bears could be playing for the division title against the Packers in week 14 at Soldier Field. Is that right?

Ultimately the tie on the Vikings and (Fuck The) Packers records is their undoing. I went with a worst case scenario for the Bears where we only beat the Giants and the Packers going forward (which includes a loss to the 49ers BTW). I have the Vikings beating the Packers this Sunday.

Bears 8-3
Remaining Games:
Giants W
Rams L
Packers W
49ers L
Vikings L

Vikings 5-4-1
Remaining Games:
Packers W
Patriots L
Seahawks L
Dolphins W
Lions W
Bears W

Packers 4-5-1
Remaining Games:
Vikings L
Cardinals W
Falcons W
Bears L
Jets W
Lions W

We're losing to the 9ers? Okay. Is it Mullens or Beatherd who gets the best of us?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

Bears 8-3
Remaining Games:
Giants W
Rams L
Packers W
49ers L
Vikings L

Vikings 5-4-1
Remaining Games:
Packers W
Patriots L
Seahawks L
Dolphins W
Lions W
Bears W

Packers 4-5-1
Remaining Games:
Vikings L
Cardinals W
Falcons W
Bears L
Jets W
Lions W

We're losing to the 9ers? Okay. Is it Mullens or Beatherd who gets the best of us?
My thought exactly. 3-2 is the worst we do in the last 5.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

Bears 8-3
Remaining Games:
Giants W
Rams L
Packers W
49ers L
Vikings L

Vikings 5-4-1
Remaining Games:
Packers W
Patriots L
Seahawks L
Dolphins W
Lions W
Bears W

Packers 4-5-1
Remaining Games:
Vikings L
Cardinals W
Falcons W
Bears L
Jets W
Lions W

Yeah. It think we go 3-2 the rest of the way. The fear is if we go 2-3 and the Vikings go 5-1, we are 10-6, and they are 10-5-1. That would suck, and mean the last game of the year is for the division, IN Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOK
Site Admin

I don’t think Minnesota will get out of their own way, honestly.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

Bears 8-3
Remaining Games:
Giants W
Rams L
Packers W
49ers L
Vikings L

Vikings 5-4-1
Remaining Games:
Packers W
Patriots L
Seahawks L
Dolphins W
Lions W
Bears W

Packers 4-5-1
Remaining Games:
Vikings L
Cardinals W
Falcons W
Bears L
Jets W
Lions W

Yeah. It think we go 3-2 the rest of the way. The fear is if we go 2-3 and the Vikings go 5-1, we are 10-6, and they are 10-5-1. That would suck, and mean the last game of the year is for the division, IN Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is where the New England, Miami and Green Bay games are a real pisser. All three were very winnable and we wouldn't just be talking about the division but also a first round bye and maybe home field. I hate the way we play on the road and I can't see us getting to the conference finals if we have to win a second round game on the road. The Rams game is a must win if we want to go deep into the playoffs. Maybe we can sneak into the #2 spot in the conference that way and have home field unless if we have to play NO.

Another thing too is the running game. It has got to improve and improve seriously or we're screwed in the playoffs. I don't see us being successful with a one dimensional offense even if that one dimension is outstanding.

The odds of us losing to the 49ers is extremely small. We win that game and do what we're expecting in the others and we're fine.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I think that the three losses (Green Bay, Miami, and NE) were all about this team learning HOW to win. None of those games were about a Bears' team that was deficient in talent, or being out coached. They were about preventable mistakes. Lack of focus by a VERY young team. Those losses will do more for the team's character, and future ability to win tough games, than the three wins would ever do.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I don’t think Minnesota will get out of their own way, honestly.
I could certainly see a scenario where they, expecting to win the NFC North going into the season, begin to implode. Watching the Vikings game, they have a lot of assholes on that team, that are going to start playing even dirtier as the division starts to slip away from them. Harrison, Griffen, and Diggs come to mind.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It could be... particularly if we lose the Rams game... that our final game against the Vikings won't matter. We'll have the division locked up, but with a win or loss in week 17, we're still 3rd in the NFC. So we rest a lot of guys?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:It could be... particularly if we lose the Rams game... that our final game against the Vikings won't matter. We'll have the division locked up, but with a win or loss in week 17, we're still 3rd in the NFC. So we rest a lot of guys?
I think we rest anyone who may be a bit nicked up.
wab
Mod

Funkster wrote:
wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:Cos if you give up a FG, you still have the lead.

If you make it, of course.
Nobody looked like they were on the same page. I don’t like the call with a back up QB in. Just get the PAT.
Nagy is gonna call his game the way he’s gonna call it, regardless of who is in there.
How’d that work out? The guy hasn’t had any reps, take the point. Maybe this is a game to be smart instead of being you?
Worked out ok in the end if you ask me.
IotaNet
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I think that the three losses (Green Bay, Miami, and NE) were all about this team learning HOW to win. None of those games were about a Bears' team that was deficient in talent, or being out coached. They were about preventable mistakes. Lack of focus by a VERY young team. Those losses will do more for the team's character, and future ability to win tough games, than the three wins would ever do.
Yes, yes, yes! I've been saying this to anyone who will listen to me.

This is a young team with a very young QB, a rookie HC, a bunch of offensive talent that has never played together (especially the receiving corps), as well as two defensive studs who weren't even with the team during the preseason. This team has to learn HOW to win -- how to come from behind and how to crush the spirit of an opponent trying to climb back into a game. This 3-game stretch of games has shown me a team that is learning how to do all of that.

I still don't think this is our year although we will make the playoffs and maybe win a game. Next year, tho? Its going to be ON!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Vikings v. Packers Sunday night. The VERY first time in my life I will be rooting for the Packers.
The Packers have the easiest schedule in the NFL moving forward, and I don't care what anyone says: Aaron Rodgers owns us. I want the Vikings to destroy them.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I think that the three losses (Green Bay, Miami, and NE) were all about this team learning HOW to win. None of those games were about a Bears' team that was deficient in talent, or being out coached. They were about preventable mistakes. Lack of focus by a VERY young team. Those losses will do more for the team's character, and future ability to win tough games, than the three wins would ever do.
Yes, yes, yes! I've been saying this to anyone who will listen to me.

This is a young team with a very young QB, a rookie HC, a bunch of offensive talent that has never played together (especially the receiving corps), as well as two defensive studs who weren't even with the team during the preseason. This team has to learn HOW to win -- how to come from behind and how to crush the spirit of an opponent trying to climb back into a game. This 3-game stretch of games has shown me a team that is learning how to do all of that.

I still don't think this is our year although we will make the playoffs and maybe win a game. Next year, tho? Its going to be ON!
Nagy said something interesting during a presser that not many people really picked up on. During the next offseason, with one year of calling plays with Mitch, Nagy can start crafting the playbook around his strengths. This year is all about feeling out what Mitch can and can't/doesn't like to do. Next year's offense is going to be some SERIOUS shit.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Great game yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised with how Chase was able to run the offense. The Lions seemed to really go all out to stop the run and make Chase beat them. He did enough to do just that. Eddie Jackson continues to ascend as a player and the sky is really the limit for him. If he's not the best free safety in football, he will be soon.

The D is getting motivated by their post TD celebrations and that kind of thing can push players to another level. I saw that happen with my Hurricanes D last season when they introduced the turnover chain. I see a similar transformation with this Bears D this season. The players are amped for their celebrations and are brainstorming up news ones in between games. When players are having fun they can just go out and play and it shows with this team.

As for the rest of this thread, I for one am going to follow in the footsteps of this team and only focus on the next game up. No need to worry, at least for me, about stuff completely uncontrollable such as which teams may or may not win. The next game up is the Giants, a team with enough playmakers that if the Bears look past them it can easily be a loss. Business needs to be handled. If the Bears can also get a bit of revenge for the 2010 game I went to when Cutler, then Todd Collins got knocked out of the game, even better. Pound the living shit out of Eli, please!
Pagan
MVP

Anyone else notice the Lions throwing A TD celebration jab with their (only) TD yesterday?

The Lions were definitely Mimicking/mocking the Bears Super Bowl Shuffle album photo, (the group photo pose) & I thought that the Bears chose their response wisely.

With fullers game sealing endzone INT he tossed the ball (mic) to Prince and the team did a surprisingly well choreographed oldschool song & dance #.

To me this was an knockout punch answer to Detroits only celebrated moment;
Prince was leading the Temptations, a legendary Mo~Town Detroit band.. in the Lions own end one.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Sing to Anything.... this is cracking my shit up :lol:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BearsSingTo ... g?src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Ormazd
MVP

Otis Day wrote:I haven't hate a Packer more than I hate Clay Mathews and A A Ron. Cannot root for them. I don't trust the Pack. If they start to win and somehow make the playoffs (seems pretty small chance at this second) and would fear them just because of A A Ron. The sooner the Pack get knocked out the better.

I prefer the Bears just take care of their own business and not have to rely on anyone.
THIS. Let them bury the Packers and we can take our chances with the Vikings.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

The Rick Roll one is the best.
TheSting
Practice Squad

Otis Day wrote:Can't ever root for the Pack, the hate is just too much.

If the Bears take care of their own business, they do not have to worry about the Vikes.
this^^ I might be just a little bitter at them having two HOF QB's in a row, but the first order of business every season needs to be crushing any hope these arrogant, cheesy, sister fingering, livestock seducing, first cousin marrying inbred weirdos have of getting another ring. Once they are dead and buried then Go Bears! xD
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

TheSting wrote:

If the Bears take care of their own business, they do not have to worry about the Vikes.
this^^ I might be just a little bitter at them having two HOF QB's in a row, but the first order of business every season needs to be crushing any hope these arrogant, cheesy, sister fingering, livestock seducing, first cousin marrying inbred weirdos have of getting another ring. Once they are dead and buried then Go Bears! xD
That was awesome. Thank you. If there's a Post Of The Year contest I'm going to think of this.

(Never forget, they're "shareholders". They "own" the team. LOL.)

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I hate the Packers because they destroyed us year after year when my kids were growing up. And now my oldest son is a Packer fan. :sad:

While the fan insults are humorous, it's no fun for me to hate on the fans. I had one of my co-workers--and a shareholder give me tickets to Lambeau for free because they couldn't go, knowing I am a Bears fan. And when I went to the game in my Bears gear, people gave me the expected amount of verbal harassment, but nobody abused me in any way. Since I've never had a bad experience with the green and gold people, I just can't hate on them.

Fans of every team have their reasons and anybody else's logic for being devoted to their team is no better or worse than anyone else's. My theory on this is that we're wired to be tribal and standing with your sports team is a non-violent way to light up that brain wiring tendency most of us have.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
TheSting wrote:

That was awesome. Thank you. If there's a Post Of The Year contest I'm going to think of this.

(Never forget, they're "shareholders". They "own" the team. LOL.)

Interesting "Yes Mitch" and "No Mitch" in the same post! :evilgrin:

Funkster
MVP

It’s confirmed, per NFL.com that the bears are truly 8-3.

When I woke up this morning I had to check and see if I was dreaming these past 3 games.This is real life. I promised the family that if the bears beat the lions, Vikings, lions that we would be going to the San Fran game(I’m in Seattle). This should be a fun trip. My dads not even a football fan and he’s going!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve