Trubisky shoulder injury // Rolling thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

I don't want to take the Giants lightly... Barkely is a stud, OBJ is an elite WR, and Eli Manning still has two Super Bowl rings to his name. If Mitch can go I want him to go
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

G08 wrote:I don't want to take the Giants lightly... Barkely is a stud, OBJ is an elite WR, and Eli Manning still has two Super Bowl rings to his name. If Mitch can go I want him to go
I will always be a bit nervous if Mitch can't go. But the Giants are not a good team. I live in CT and the Giants are on tv all the time. My wife, father and the majority of my friends are all Giants fans. The Giants oline is horrendous. Eli is a shell of what he once was and has trouble throwing anything semi deep or farther. Their D is nothing special on a good day. Even when the team plays well they somehow find a way to screw up and lose the game. As long as the Bears don't look ahead to the Rams they should roll right over the Giants.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Look we play the Rams in two weeks. The Giants match-up is a classic trap game. If Mitch can go, he needs to go. The Giants were throttling the Eagles until Philly pulled their heads out of their asses. I don't think that Nagy will let them suffer a trap game. But I agree with G08. You can't take any team in this league lightly. Except for Oakland...they suck.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I wana know what changed. They said he'd be probable if the Lions game wasn't on Thursday, but now he might miss a second game?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:I wana know what changed. They said he'd be probable if the Lions game wasn't on Thursday, but now he might miss a second game?
They said the same thing with Mack. They are just being very cautious, and looking at his shoulder long-term. Which is the right thing to do. Maybe the swelling isn't coming down as fast, maybe it's still inflamed. Who knows.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Maybe it’s a smokescreen so the opponent doesn’t know who to plan for? Why tip your hand early.
G08
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: I will always be a bit nervous if Mitch can't go. But the Giants are not a good team. I live in CT and the Giants are on tv all the time. My wife, father and the majority of my friends are all Giants fans. The Giants oline is horrendous. Eli is a shell of what he once was and has trouble throwing anything semi deep or farther. Their D is nothing special on a good day. Even when the team plays well they somehow find a way to screw up and lose the game. As long as the Bears don't look ahead to the Rams they should roll right over the Giants.
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Look we play the Rams in two weeks. The Giants match-up is a classic trap game. If Mitch can go, he needs to go. The Giants were throttling the Eagles until Philly pulled their heads out of their asses. I don't think that Nagy will let them suffer a trap game. But I agree with G08. You can't take any team in this league lightly. Except for Oakland...they suck.
I dig what you're saying Hurricane but this NFL is crazy, the whole "any given Sunday" statement fits now more than ever. I don't think Nagy will allow his team to look past an opponent, but again I'll say Saquan Barkely is a stud, OBJ is an elite WR, and Eli still has 2 rings to his name. There's enough there to post a threat.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Giants have a talented enough roster to be a challenge to anyone, but they are being led by morons

Giants were up big on the Eagles in a game they had to have ... Barkley had a great first half ... so in the second half, with the Eagles desperate, the Giants are who threw them a lifeline as Barkley rarely saw the ball in the second half ... not because the Eagles took him away, but because the Giants decided to voluntarily make themselves 1 dimensional

Nagy will out think them and the Bears will outplay them
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Looking through the Giants' roster, there really isn't anyone on defense that scares me. Their CB's are sub-par. Janoris Jenkins is about three steps slower than he was when he was with the Rams. I thought Mario Edwards was supposed to be good, but he's down the depth chart at DL.

I mean I think Daniel could win this game. I would just hate to push it, and have him implode.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

This is the perfect time of the season for Biscuit to be out. Looking at the schedule, if Biscuit HAD TO miss two games back-to-back this is the best time for it.

Daniel had a great game last week. It is entirely possible we go into NY and beat the Giants and beat them pretty good.

We have enough weapons in the secondary to stop OBJ and we have the defensive line and LB corps to handle Barkley.

They do not have a defense that can cover all of our weapons. We'll win that game.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Biscuits looks to be out for Giants as well. Not practicing today.
IotaNet
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Biscuits looks to be out for Giants as well. Not practicing today.
I have no problem with this. The Giants don’t scare me and we don’t need an Andrew Luck 2.0 — take your time, get him healthy and rested for the Rams and the final playoff push.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
UOK
Site Admin

Must be doing the same kind of thing they did for Mack/Robinson, sitting them until the division game comes up. Wouldn't be shocked if he's out until the 16th.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Must be doing the same kind of thing they did for Mack/Robinson, sitting them until the division game comes up. Wouldn't be shocked if he's out until the 16th.
There's no way in hell I see them sitting him against the Rams.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Happy to see them putting long-term interests first

But sorry to see that caution is necessary
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:Must be doing the same kind of thing they did for Mack/Robinson, sitting them until the division game comes up. Wouldn't be shocked if he's out until the 16th.
Kinda depends on how the standings look at that point. If there's a bye week on the line, yeah you probably start him.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:
Kinda depends on how the standings look at that point. If there's a bye week on the line, yeah you probably start him.
Yeah. If for some unknown reason, the Rams lose this week. Biscuits has to play come hell or highwater.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

You don't start him for the Ram game, if he can go, you are basically saying you are not interested in winning that game. IMO, Daniel cannot win that game, no matter how good the Bears D is.
G08
Hall of Famer

There is just too much on the line... SNF politics, Nagy saying he's day-to-day and they're treating it the same as Robinson and Mack... and really this is just another game for the Bears to put their stamp on the NFL and NFC Conference in general.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:There is just too much on the line... SNF politics, Nagy saying he's day-to-day and they're treating it the same as Robinson and Mack... and really this is just another game for the Bears to put their stamp on the NFL and NFC Conference in general.
I just don't see it the same way the last 3 posts do. That sounds like fans talking, but not necessarily like an intelligent coach talking. This is a more complicated situation than that. You have an inexperienced QB who may be ready to play at 80% according to the doctors, but maybe it's not the right thing for him mentally to have that additional weight on his shoulders right now. And maybe, they're looking at it like he needs to be right in week 18 and getting him slammed a few times by Aaron Donald and co. isn't in the best interests of that goal on 12/9.

This is one of those things where... We don't know exactly how his shoulder feels, what the doctor says, where he's at mentally, how he looks actually throwing the ball or how he feels the day after throwing. It's complicated and there's a lot to consider with a young, inexperienced QB. If they think he should sit, even though the doc says he can play, then my trust is in the coaching staff. They've earned that, at least from me.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

^ We do know that there is no risk of him worsening damage based on the current status of the arm. His range of motion is fine. Nagy said it boils down to him hitting and completing throws. Reading between the lines, I interpret this more as pain management than anything else.

It's football... you can't bubble wrap your QB for important games. To me, this is an important game.
malk
Head Coach

Whatever happens, Nagy already strikes me as someone who gives zero fucks and I'm very happy about that.

Smokin' Nagy anyone?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:Whatever happens, Nagy already strikes me as someone who gives zero fucks and I'm very happy about that.

Smokin' Nagy anyone?
I'd like to see pictures of Nagy with a beer in his hand.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 03205332=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Out again.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
malk wrote:Whatever happens, Nagy already strikes me as someone who gives zero fucks and I'm very happy about that.

Smokin' Nagy anyone?
I'd like to see pictures of Nagy with a beer in his hand.

the beer would be much more appropriate
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Report is that he's able to play but the Bears are holding him out anyway.

That sound you hear is my "please don't Bears this this up" butthole clenching.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

So did the player that hit Mitch late ever get fined? I know if it was AR he would've been fined, penalized and ejected the NFL would've made him give his first born too and maybe a testicle...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
BR0D1E86
MVP

Knuckles wrote:So did the player that hit Mitch late ever get fined? I know if it was AR he would've been fined, penalized and ejected the NFL would've made him give his first born too and maybe a testicle...
He did, I think it was right at 10 grand and he said he was going to appeal.

Also, f@@@ Harrison Smith. I hope a bird shits on him while he’s walking to his car today.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Harrison Smith fined $10,026 for hit on Mitch Trubisky
Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith cost his team 15 yards for an unnecessary roughness penalty for a hit on Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky in Week 11.

The penalty will now cost Smith some money.

The league fined Smith $10,026 for the infraction, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Smith plans to appeal, Pelissero added.
so what is his appeal going to be based on? the force of gravity was stronger that day than on other days?

it was a late hit cheap shot, and I would feel that way if he did it to somebody other than Trubisky

let's see him unload on Brady like that this week and what happens to him then
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

I understand they want to be precautionary with our franchise QB... but did anyone else focus on our run defense against DET? I'm sure being on short rest played a part, but man our secondary wanted NOTHING to do with Blount, save for maybe Kyle Fuller.

I'm praying our front 7 is healthy and hungry because we NEED to shut down Saquan Barkley or I worry we are in for a rude awakening.