Trubisky shoulder injury // Rolling thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
... they are utilizing the $7M backup the way he should be utilized.
Exactly.

It reminds me of how another Bears backup QB who wore #4 was used. :clap:
Is that a Steve Walsh reference :toast:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Well he threw the ball today.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I was wondering if the Saints lost to the Cowboys, would that give Nagy incentive to plug in #10 for the NY game?
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

If the Saints or Rams lose 1 more game (other than the Rams@Bears) and the Bears win out, Bears get a playoff bye. And if they both do it Bears have #1 seed.
IotaNet
MVP

G08 wrote:
IotaNet wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
... they are utilizing the $7M backup the way he should be utilized.
Exactly.

It reminds me of how another Bears backup QB who wore #4 was used. :clap:
Is that a Steve Walsh reference :toast:

Nosir— that’s a Steve FULLER (‘85) reference! He started 5 games in place of McMahon that year.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Anyone know what the injury actually is.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Anyone know what the injury actually is.
Sprained (bruised?) AC joint.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

So essentially you won't make it worse necessarily but it could prolong the heal time by playing. It will also definitely effect throwing. So I am fine with him sitting.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

So essentially you won't make it worse necessarily but it could prolong the heal time by playing. It will also definitely effect throwing. So I am fine with him sitting.
Yeah, that was what was reported. Right AC sprain. As of yesterday it was still bruised and sore according to NFLN.
Pagan
MVP

wab wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

Yeah, that was what was reported. Right AC sprain. As of yesterday it was still bruised and sore according to NFLN.
Right...
&pretty much everyone here does/should agree that the Lions & Giants games are potentially worth losing if it means our franchise QB's throwing shoulder is 100% healthy & good for the Playoff Push.

Everything else is caveman tough guy nonsense.
Personally I'm VERY glad that the Bears HC has more common sense than our average Bear fan!
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:If the Saints or Rams lose 1 more game (other than the Rams@Bears) and the Bears win out, Bears get a playoff bye. And if they both do it Bears have #1 seed.
Me personally, I don't like the way we play after byes so I hope we go in as 3 seed
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.scoi.com/patient-resources/ ... ular-joint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When a joint is first sprained, conservative treatment is certainly the best. Applying ice directly to the point of the shoulder is helpful to inhibit swelling and relieve pain. The arm can be supported with a sling which also relieves some of the weight from the shoulder. Gentle motion of the arm can be allowed to prevent stiffness, and exercise putty is very helpful to improve function of the elbow, wrist, and hand, but any attempts at vigorous shoulder mobilization early on will probably lead to more swelling and pain.

Depending on how severe the injury is, it may heal adequately in two to three weeks. In severe cases, the shoulder may not heal without surgery.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.