Trubisky shoulder injury // Rolling thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

I don't think this is a toughness thing about Mitch, Funkster. It's the shortest turnaround in NFL history between games, word out here is if this was a Sunday game Mitch would play.

I'm choosing to look at the positive... Mitch misses this game but he gains 13 days off between games. It's ostensibly two bye weeks and he only misses one game? I take it every single time. Besides, I kind of want him to watch this offense operate from another vantage point.

I'm also of the opinion that Chase Daniel is going to play fairly well.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Per Grote, he’s out today.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I don't think this is a toughness thing about Mitch, Funkster. It's the shortest turnaround in NFL history between games, word out here is if this was a Sunday game Mitch would play.

I'm choosing to look at the positive... Mitch misses this game but he gains 13 days off between games. It's ostensibly two bye weeks and he only misses one game? I take it every single time. Besides, I kind of want him to watch this offense operate from another vantage point.

I think Daniel will play well. He knows this offense. He knows where the throws are supposed to go. He will manage the game, and that's all we really need.

Additionally, I think that Mack/Hicks and company will be taking it upon themselves to win this game on their own. They will be motivated to show the national audience WHY they are the #1 ranked defense in the league.
malk
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:I don't think this is a toughness thing about Mitch, Funkster. It's the shortest turnaround in NFL history between games, word out here is if this was a Sunday game Mitch would play.

I think Daniel will play well. He knows this offense. He knows where the throws are supposed to go. He will manage the game, and that's all we really need.

Additionally, I think that Mack/Hicks and company will be taking it upon themselves to win this game on their own. They will be motivated to show the national audience WHY they are the #1 ranked defense in the league.
The effect on the defence shouldn't be underestimated. This is the best defence in the league and they've got the swagger so they better go out and prove they can win games all by themselves.

Our rush defence is fantastic (better than the pass which is still great) and they've got little to nothing at running back available. We should aim to shut down the rush like we did against the Vikings, make the Lions one dimensional and then tee off against Stafford. The best thing we can do for Daniels is give him short fields to work with and then let Nagy work some magic with the weapons we have.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

Man...I’m not as sure about this game as I was two days ago.
UOK
Site Admin

We’re gonna find out in a big way how good the offense is when you don’t have Mitch’s mobility.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

malk wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

The effect on the defence shouldn't be underestimated. This is the best defence in the league and they've got the swagger so they better go out and prove they can win games all by themselves.

Our rush defence is fantastic (better than the pass which is still great) and they've got little to nothing at running back available. We should aim to shut down the rush like we did against the Vikings, make the Lions one dimensional and then tee off against Stafford. The best thing we can do for Daniels is give him short fields to work with and then let Nagy work some magic with the weapons we have.

You guys listen to Akiem Hicks mic'd up for the Vikings game ? It's on the Bears website and on Youtube. It'll get you fired up, he was coaching up some of the other players. Very fun listen.

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/mic- ... icks-x8958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Bears not getting much coverage on NFL network. I'm guessing it's because Trubisky is out.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Trubisky is Bears 2nd leading rusher. He has accounted for just about 25% of the rushing yardage on the team.
Funkster
MVP

G08, I agree, it’s not a toughness thing from Mitch. I believe he would play if the COACHES would let him. With the reports saying he would play if it was a Sunday game, just makes it more suspect. My sister is a licensed PT, I gave her Chao’s guess of “stretching of the capsule/labrum or pinching/bruising of the rotator cuff.” and what 3 extra days of rest would do, her response was “not much at all”.

Now I get resting him to get a mini bye and that makes sense just don’t report he would play if it was a Sunday game.

I 100% agree with you the Daniel will play well. I’m anticipating seeing what he does on the 3rd drive.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Funkster
MVP

UOK wrote:We’re gonna find out in a big way how good the offense is when you don’t have Mitch’s mobility.

Daniel is pretty mobile!

Daniel being the QB can’t last, my wife’s name is Danielle and autocorrect changes Daniel to Danielle every time.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Chase Daniels = Brian Hoyer

If anything, it sharpens our focus in a classic let down game.

We'll be fine.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

Mikefive wrote:Chase Daniels = Brian Hoyer

If anything, it sharpens our focus in a classic let down game.

We'll be fine.
I’m hoping you’re right!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Lions are sitting on the short routes. Double moves will be gold today.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

Daniel looking great...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Ohhh how sweet it is to be 8 and 3 and you used your back up QB on national TV to win... lol... feels good!
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

If Daniel's performance tells you anything, it's that Trubisky is pretty damn good.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:If Daniel's performance tells you anything, it's that Trubisky is pretty damn good.
Yep Agree 100%
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Glad for the win. STill pissed at the NFL. YOu flex the Bears to Sunday night knowing they will be playing on Thurs. Pretty fucking dirty if you ask me. It worked out fine, but it goes against all the bullshit about injuries they preach.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Glad for the win. STill pissed at the NFL. YOu flex the Bears to Sunday night knowing they will be playing on Thurs. Pretty fucking dirty if you ask me. It worked out fine, but it goes against all the bullshit about injuries they preach.
Yep. That was total bullshit. But as Nagy said, "we play the schedule in front of us." They did a great job winning all three of those games. I know a lot of us thought they would be in good shape if they won 2 out of 3. Now they have 10 days off before they play the lowly Giants. Bears are firmly in the driver's seat.
tjs
Journeyman

so I've been a Mizzou fan all my life and watched Chase Daniel become the best player in school history. Never thought he'd make much of himself in the NFL (there was actually an ESPN cover article about how he would never succeed in the NFL, but his backup might cause he was the prototypical build) but he's stuck around, become a coach's dream backup and won the confidence of so many teams. was really happy when he became a Bears QB!

In Chase's defense-Did the offense move like I had hoped this week? No. But Chase Daniel game managed fantastically and completely high percentage throws as well as some deep bombs. I feel like people are down on him, but he had a great showing. I think the real disappointment is the play calling and running game. Sooooo many passes.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

tjs wrote:so I've been a Mizzou fan all my life and watched Chase Daniel become the best player in school history. Never thought he'd make much of himself in the NFL (there was actually an ESPN cover article about how he would never succeed in the NFL, but his backup might cause he was the prototypical build) but he's stuck around, become a coach's dream backup and won the confidence of so many teams. was really happy when he became a Bears QB!

In Chase's defense-Did the offense move like I had hoped this week? No. But Chase Daniel game managed fantastically and completely high percentage throws as well as some deep bombs. I feel like people are down on him, but he had a great showing. I think the real disappointment is the play calling and running game. Sooooo many passes.
I had to read that article for a class a few years back.

Chase did a good job today, glad for him.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Daniel just answered every single critic of his $7M guaranteed salary as a back-up. He should not have to deal with that anymore.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Daniel just answered every single critic of his $7M guaranteed salary as a back-up. He should not have to deal with that anymore.

MALK: HOLD MY BEER.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Daniel just answered every single critic of his $7M guaranteed salary as a back-up. He should not have to deal with that anymore.

:rofl: :thumbsup:
malk
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

:rofl: :thumbsup:
Cmon, even I'll give him a week to bask!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Thing to remember is that the recievers are new and Daniels got very little reps with them the whole year, so makes the miscues understandable and i think if it goes another week should improve a lot.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BearsFanInMN wrote:Thing to remember is that the recievers are new and Daniels got very little reps with them the whole year, so makes the miscues understandable and i think if it goes another week should improve a lot.
Seeing some speculation that Trubisky might miss this week also.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
BearsFanInMN wrote:Thing to remember is that the recievers are new and Daniels got very little reps with them the whole year, so makes the miscues understandable and i think if it goes another week should improve a lot.
Seeing some speculation that Trubisky might miss this week also.
Yep.
Wednesday's report will be very interesting.

The Giants are a fine team to nap against, but that would mean it's not a trivial little thing...
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.