View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 am 
Player of the Month

Pagan wrote:
Tons of great responses on this thread & exactly why I see the Bears owning this division for the next 5+ years.

The Bears are already the most obviously complete & talented roster in the division.
They're also the youngest, and the which means that most of the players are still scratching the surface & ascending!

All of this discounting any future offseason moves that Pace will undoubtably make.

We've all had to witness such terrible franchise bungle for so many years, and it can be difficult to see or accept what is obviously before us.

^ This man all the way!

We look like the youngest and best team in the division and getting to own it for 5+ years (or at least CAN potentially) is awesome. Getting to see the Pack lose on the final years of Rodgers b/c were just better as a whole team is like a gift of karma. Seeing Detroit lose on the same with Stafford brings be joy. Watching the Vikes star D age out and them waste that $ on Cousins not winning the division gives me chills.

As to the OP and the use of Mizzell I am conflicted. I want Howard or Cohen in so when I see Mizzell I wince. However, Benny is older, and if Nagy wants to test out Mizzell to get a good feel of whether he wants him going forwards into next year or if a new 3rd string RB is needed is probably a good thing. To Mizzell's credit he has never had this much action in his career and seems to be getting slightly better each game.

However, I want us to put a waiver claim on Kareem Hunt, and damn the PR. IF Nagy and Pace think they can work with his issues, and even if he has to miss all of 2019, he is literally the perfect RB for Nagy's system. The debate about Howard could be over, and as much as I love Howard, he could move onto a team that wants to run a scheme better suited to him. Then ponder the idea of Defenses trying to deal with Cohen and Hunt on the field with all the other play-makers...and try not to get excited.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am 
Mod

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Tons of great responses on this thread & exactly why I see the Bears owning this division for the next 5+ years.

The Bears are already the most obviously complete & talented roster in the division.
They're also the youngest, and the which means that most of the players are still scratching the surface & ascending!

All of this discounting any future offseason moves that Pace will undoubtably make.

We've all had to witness such terrible franchise bungle for so many years, and it can be difficult to see or accept what is obviously before us.

^ This man all the way!

We look like the youngest and best team in the division and getting to own it for 5+ years (or at least CAN potentially) is awesome. Getting to see the Pack lose on the final years of Rodgers b/c were just better as a whole team is like a gift of karma. Seeing Detroit lose on the same with Stafford brings be joy. Watching the Vikes star D age out and them waste that $ on Cousins not winning the division gives me chills.

As to the OP and the use of Mizzell I am conflicted. I want Howard or Cohen in so when I see Mizzell I wince. However, Benny is older, and if Nagy wants to test out Mizzell to get a good feel of whether he wants him going forwards into next year or if a new 3rd string RB is needed is probably a good thing. To Mizzell's credit he has never had this much action in his career and seems to be getting slightly better each game.

However, I want us to put a waiver claim on Kareem Hunt, and damn the PR. IF Nagy and Pace think they can work with his issues, and even if he has to miss all of 2019, he is literally the perfect RB for Nagy's system. The debate about Howard could be over, and as much as I love Howard, he could move onto a team that wants to run a scheme better suited to him. Then ponder the idea of Defenses trying to deal with Cohen and Hunt on the field with all the other play-makers...and try not to get excited.

If the Bears put in a waiver claim on Hunt while Howard, on of the best people in the NFL, languishes on the bench... I will lose respect for the Bears almost immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 am 
Head Coach

wab wrote:
VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Pagan wrote:

^ This man all the way!

If the Bears put in a waiver claim on Hunt while Howard, on of the best people in the NFL, languishes on the bench... I will lose respect for the Bears almost immediately.

A thousand times this!

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm 
Hall of Famer

A lot of executives are stating that Hunt will be playing in the league next year. I'd fucking love to have him here.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:02 pm 
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
A lot of executives are stating that Hunt will be playing in the league next year. I'd fucking love to have him here.

Let a shittier team deal with the media firestorm and fallout that he will create. It's not worth it to me to try and add that, to what is a REALLY good locker room right now. Besides, dealing with a player like that is not McCaskey's or Pace's MO, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:

Let a shittier team deal with the media firestorm and fallout that he will create. It's not worth it to me to try and add that, to what is a REALLY good locker room right now. Besides, dealing with a player like that is not McCaskey's or Pace's MO, in my opinion.

Truth... I don't see Ginny signing off on the deal.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:51 pm 
Mod

G08 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:

Truth... I don't see Ginny signing off on the deal.

COMPLETELY AGREE.

This is what makes & will CONTINUE to make this newly rebuilt Bears franchise so exciting = They have & will continue to have high moral character as a prerequisite to wagering the Bears uniform.

Right now you've got a young talented team on the rise that's overflowing with leaders/solid human beings that you don't have to cringe at the thought of your children idolizing.

The Chicago Bears do it the right way.

That being said, after seeing the video, I honestly don't know what the circumstances to this altercation are.. he's definitely in the wrong either way & NFL players usually (wisely) have security to handle such things.

After watching very short silenced clips.. I Def would say that there's nothing good about it, it's a terrible look for him... but let's not confuse him with Ray Rice based off of what we've seen & the lack of time to process.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 am 
Practice Squad

G08 wrote:

It wont happen, no way, not after the Ray McDonald fiasco and not w/video evidence. But the best most coherent point I've read about the idea of trying to get him is this. If he's playing in the league next year, do you want him helping you, or a team like GB or another North division?

I personally don't want him, but it's a valid point. It's one thing if, like the 'skins w/Foster, only 1 team looks at him. But chances are multiple teams will look at him. I think I even saw that KC said they hope to have a shot to bring him back if he's done the right things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pm 
Practice Squad

Quote:
It wont happen, no way, not after the Ray McDonald fiasco and not w/video evidence. But the best most coherent point I've read about the idea of trying to get him is this. If he's playing in the league next year, do you want him helping you, or a team like GB or another North division?

If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:37 am 
Head Coach

mohner1 wrote:
Quote:

If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?

And if you said jump in the river I would because, it would probably be a good idea.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next