View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Posts: 37
mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
It wont happen, no way, not after the Ray McDonald fiasco and not w/video evidence. But the best most coherent point I've read about the idea of trying to get him is this. If he's playing in the league next year, do you want him helping you, or a team like GB or another North division?


If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?


Not even close to the same situation here. He likely WILL be playing and there won't be any harm to the team that signs him; other then lost money if he muffs up again.

There are limited top end resources in the NFL and there are multiple teams competing for those resources.

btw, I said it won't happen, so not sure why you even responded the way you did; if I say it wont it's the but there's a reason it should it's the very definition of not doing what everyone else is doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am
Posts: 131
Pretty sure our owner will not let the team sign a woman beater... plain and simple.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Posts: 58
Quote:
mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
It wont happen, no way, not after the Ray McDonald fiasco and not w/video evidence. But the best most coherent point I've read about the idea of trying to get him is this. If he's playing in the league next year, do you want him helping you, or a team like GB or another North division?


If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?


Not even close to the same situation here. He likely WILL be playing and there won't be any harm to the team that signs him; other then lost money if he muffs up again.

There are limited top end resources in the NFL and there are multiple teams competing for those resources.

btw, I said it won't happen, so not sure why you even responded the way you did; if I say it wont it's the but there's a reason it should it's the very definition of not doing what everyone else is doing.


My comment wasn't intended to be directed at you, I realize you're not making that argument. I was responding to the silliness of the argument you say has been proposed. I provided an equally silly response to make a point.

So he will play next year. I can't deny that won't happen, it probably will, but just because some teams will give him a shot means the bears should too? BS

_________________
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13933
Location: World Championsville
Regarding Mizzell... it tells me that Howard's a goner next year and we're going to be searching for a 3 down feature back.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am
Posts: 131
Hopefully Mizzell is too because he sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Posts: 37
mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
It wont happen, no way, not after the Ray McDonald fiasco and not w/video evidence. But the best most coherent point I've read about the idea of trying to get him is this. If he's playing in the league next year, do you want him helping you, or a team like GB or another North division?


If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?


Not even close to the same situation here. He likely WILL be playing and there won't be any harm to the team that signs him; other then lost money if he muffs up again.

There are limited top end resources in the NFL and there are multiple teams competing for those resources.

btw, I said it won't happen, so not sure why you even responded the way you did; if I say it wont it's the but there's a reason it should it's the very definition of not doing what everyone else is doing.


My comment wasn't intended to be directed at you, I realize you're not making that argument. I was responding to the silliness of the argument you say has been proposed. I provided an equally silly response to make a point.

So he will play next year. I can't deny that won't happen, it probably will, but just because some teams will give him a shot means the bears should too? BS


Well that's the conundrum. If he ends up w/GB or Minny and for the next 2-3 years helps prevent the Bears from going to the playoffs was it worth taking the moral high ground when your job(talking about the teams) is to get to the playoffs?

He's a shit human, I don't want him on the Bears, but if the NFL says he can play; well he's also one of the best rb's in the nfl and can help your team get a shot at a sb. It would be stupid not to consider it, but I hope they don't. And i hope he doesn't end up on the NFCN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Posts: 37
G08 wrote:
Regarding Mizzell... it tells me that Howard's a goner next year and we're going to be searching for a 3 down feature back.


I think Mizzell getting carries is more about Cunningham being hurt, Howard .

Bears are 8th in rushing attempts this year, it's not like they aren't running; and Howard is 8th in rushing attempts for all RB's. It's not like he isn't getting carries.

I think the main thing is that the Bears are running more plays, which allows for more passes and more rb's to get a shot at the ball also. It also might be b/c Howard hasn't been as effective most games so going w/another back might give Nagy a shot at the play he wants.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am
Posts: 1344
Location: South Bend, Indiana
KhalilSackDaddy wrote:
G08 wrote:
Regarding Mizzell... it tells me that Howard's a goner next year and we're going to be searching for a 3 down feature back.


I think Mizzell getting carries is more about Cunningham being hurt, Howard .

Bears are 8th in rushing attempts this year, it's not like they aren't running; and Howard is 8th in rushing attempts for all RB's. It's not like he isn't getting carries.

I think the main thing is that the Bears are running more plays, which allows for more passes and more rb's to get a shot at the ball also. It also might be b/c Howard hasn't been as effective most games so going w/another back might give Nagy a shot at the play he wants.


Yep KSD,
some of us were making these same points at the start of this thread.
Howard didn't go from a franchise record setting RB to a terrible RB.

Like most problems, it's a combination problem.

Everyone seems to like 1 nice some issue/person to place blame on~ makes thinking easier.

It's a combo of new scheme/player fit & execution.

Also.. there's absolutely NO guarantee that Howard is gone next year, that's an assumption.

There's every possibility still that this line & the backs click with this scheme still.
More importantly... Howard still has a whole year left (after this one) on his cheap rookie deal.

=

Unlikely he's gone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 am 
Online
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 6892
Location: Berwyn, IL
Look. You don't get rid of a RB, under a rookie contract, with that much talent. This offseason will be ALL ABOUT learning how to incorporate Howard into Nagy's offense. A lot of this year is Nagy evaluating what he has, and how the pieces work together.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13933
Location: World Championsville
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Look. You don't get rid of a RB, under a rookie contract, with that much talent. This offseason will be ALL ABOUT learning how to incorporate Howard into Nagy's offense. A lot of this year is Nagy evaluating what he has, and how the pieces work together.


That's the thing though, man. Howard's skill-set limits what Nagy can do from a play-design standpoint. This offense needs a back who is an equal threat in the run and pass game so you don't tip your hand when he's in the backfield. Howard isn't that guy, as much as I love the guy.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bears Whiskey Nut, donkeykong and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group