Can I just say one thing...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

GSH
MVP

*mods feel free to move/delete this if it's not deemed football worthy enough for these hallowed halls*

I just want to say, before we go into the playoffs ( cant believe im typing that ), its been so awesome these last few years sharing the pain and anguish of being a bears fan with y'all and now finally, we are looking into the playoffs at a possible SB run.

The game day chat rooms have been so hilarious and heartbreaking these past few years, yet here we are. On the cusp of what we all always wanted.

I dunno, I just think this board is a really cool community of bears fans. We dont always agree on everything but like our team, everyone respects each other and its been a wild ride to this point in time.

Happy holidays everyone and I cant wait to ride through these next few weeks with you all. We deserve it, thats for sure! :D

MVP of the season has to be the leno shirt heading wab's way.
docc
Head Coach

GSH...agree. We as fans some many years..have lived through the best and unfortunately some of the worst times,,but as a community.

Chat is my required venue..I can't watch without commenting and reading the hilarious and serious..

We..like Cubs fan (me) have lived long enough to have a serious contender..A REAL TEAM !

Team up or down..I wear my old 1980's sweatshirt,,hats (must have 20)..sweats.. foottballs..and have raised two kids as Bear fans and my nephew..who is a diehard Bears and Cubs fan as we babysit-ted him and guess what was on my big dish back then lol. My nephew goal has been to take the kids to Wrigley and Soldier Field.
My kids went and even one summer we went to Soldier and kiss the stadium..1998
And now his 3 boys also..

I wear my oldest gear in pride..and newest..in order for it to get aged..
I have been rabid fan since the mid 1950s,,went to my first game at Bears game Wrigley in 1955..63 YEARS AGO..same year to Cubs games..

Yes..GSH..we earned our brotherhood..
Last edited by docc on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Dilly Dilly!!! (meaning, I wholeheartedly agree).

Slogging through the mud these last several years, with all of you, will make any success that much sweeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richie
MVP

I remember telling a couple of friends to appreciate what we were going through in 2016 and them looking at me like I was a complete moron.

Those are the seasons you really need to stick through as a fan if you're going to TRULY appreciate the good times.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

68-75 were god awful. Not a good time to become a Bears fan, but hey, still here.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:68-75 were god awful. Not a good time to become a Bears fan, but hey, still here.
I know, right? I started watching Bear games in earnest when I was 9. That was 1970.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Mikefive wrote:
Otis Day wrote:68-75 were god awful. Not a good time to become a Bears fan, but hey, still here.
I know, right? I started watching Bear games in earnest when I was 9. That was 1970.
I started about the same age, which would be 88-89. Lot of lean years since then.
G08
Hall of Famer

Well said, GSH. I refuse to watch games with people other than my wife, best friend or immediate family. But no matter what I will be in that chatroom. I've known/talked to some of you dudes for over 15 years -- how crazy is that!?

I say it all the time and I'm sure it gets old but I don't care, I love all of you
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Well said, GSH. I refuse to watch games with people other than my wife, best friend or immediate family. But no matter what I will be in that chatroom. I've known/talked to some of you dudes for over 15 years -- how crazy is that!?

I say it all the time and I'm sure it gets old but I don't care, I love all of you
I'm pretty superstitious about the chat. Every time I'm in there, they do bad. The only times I've been in there this year, they've lost.
IotaNet
MVP

GSH wrote:I dunno, I just think this board is a really cool community of bears fans. We dont always agree on everything but like our team, everyone respects each other and its been a wild ride to this point in time.

Happy holidays everyone and I cant wait to ride through these next few weeks with you all. We deserve it, thats for sure! :D
Totally agreed.

As an expat Chicagoan and rabid Bears fan, its pretty lonely at times. Nice to to have an online crew that I can mutually commiserate and now celebrate with.

Bear down -- the next few weeks oughta be a heckuva ride!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

there are a lot of fans posting on this site that have been true long time Bears fans ... which means we have lived through some seriously putrid efforts and results by pretenders posing as players in Bears blue

most of us can not only rattle off many of the failed Bears QB's you can find listed, but we actually saw with our own eyes as they played and know first hand just how bad they were

some of us get bashed for referencing or trying to relive 1985, but dammit, for quite some time, that is ALL we had to cling to

I am very happy to see what is happening with the team now ... I mean, the entire Bears organization is looking competent and confident, not just for present day, but with an actual plan looking towards the future

and through all the ups and downs since this site was created, we have been able to share our pain and observations ... it is a lot more fun sharing joy and hope
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
malk
Head Coach

I miss the chat but reading comments on what's happening before I watch it is just spooky. Can't imagine what I'd do without the forum, perhaps be more productive but less happy at work?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Some work days I post more, I kind of what to get caught and get written up. Maybe it would lead to a firing :nana:

I am pretty caught up and avoiding other shit, so I get on more at work.

Been a fun year watching the team win and see how promising the future is. Winning records and playoffs, nice change :toast:
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:there are a lot of fans posting on this site that have been true long time Bears fans ... which means we have lived through some seriously putrid efforts and results by pretenders posing as players in Bears blue

most of us can not only rattle off many of the failed Bears QB's you can find listed, but we actually saw with our own eyes as they played and know first hand just how bad they were

some of us get bashed for referencing or trying to relive 1985, but dammit, for quite some time, that is ALL we had to cling to

I am very happy to see what is happening with the team now ... I mean, the entire Bears organization is looking competent and confident, not just for present day, but with an actual plan looking towards the future

and through all the ups and downs since this site was created, we have been able to share our pain and observations ... it is a lot more fun sharing joy and hope
In reference to your comments about this site, those things could probably be said about any Chicago Bears message board. But all message boards aren't the same. And while I can't speak for anyone else (although I really hope I do), what makes this board different is that it is moderated to eliminate childishness. That has a lot of value for me and really enhances my Chicago Bears fan experience. So I appreciate the work that these guys do to steer things in a more mature direction (well... relatively so, anyway :-P ) and put an end to namecalling and other BS. The beauty is that we rarely need moderator intervention, because when everybody knows you have that big stick and aren't afraid to use it, you don't have to pull it out very often, because the turds tend to go away by their own choosing. So thanks to the mods here, because there is work involved and the pay is like zero. :toast:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:I remember telling a couple of friends to appreciate what we were going through in 2016 and them looking at me like I was a complete moron.

Those are the seasons you really need to stick through as a fan if you're going to TRULY appreciate the good times.
I meant to type this the other day, but welcome back Richie.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Well said, GSH. I refuse to watch games with people other than my wife, best friend or immediate family. But no matter what I will be in that chatroom. I've known/talked to some of you dudes for over 15 years -- how crazy is that!?

So do you class the goat as your best friend or immediate family?

(I'm assuming it's not wife, but then again those of us that frequent the chatroom know how much you love that goat. :evilgrin: )
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:

I'm pretty superstitious about the chat. Every time I'm in there, they do bad. The only times I've been in there this year, they've lost.
Well...fuck off then. On game day that is.

You can come to the after party.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Some work days I post more, I kind of what to get caught and get written up. Maybe it would lead to a firing :nana:

I am pretty caught up and avoiding other shit, so I get on more at work.

Been a fun year watching the team win and see how promising the future is. Winning records and playoffs, nice change :toast:
I work from home. I don't get jack shit done on victory Monday's. I sit around, reading all the great press on the Bears, and post on BFO all morning. Luckily my sales numbers are really good, or someone might start giving a shit.
docc
Head Coach

At my office client are used to me listening to 670 on internet here in Tucson..all day..during meetings I lower it ..but still background..
I guess the Bears Helmet..my old washed out Bears hat..my deluxe Bear leather sleeved jacket..gives them a hint..

Cubs stuff summers..Bulls if they get there head out of there asses..Blackhawks gear from many years..since they started to sell gear..I even have my old "ditka" sleeveless sweater..
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:there are a lot of fans posting on this site that have been true long time Bears fans ... which means we have lived through some seriously putrid efforts and results by pretenders posing as players in Bears blue

The relationship I have with this team is the strangest relationship I've ever had with anything in my life. By all accounts I should've quit on this franchise 20 years ago. I can't do it. I just can't. I've never even seriously thought about wanting to. I quit on the Cubs after '03 and never looked back. I quit on the Bulls after Jordan left. Never was really into hockey except for playoff hockey where I'll watch any two teams.

Even during the Wannstedt dark ages where all hope seemed lost to me, I was like they'll turn it around. A few years later they did.

Maybe its because I grew up as a little kid during the 84-86 run, but ever since then I can't remember the last time I missed a game.

I have to go back to '06 to remember the last time I was this excited about the team and even then this team has many more years left in the tank than the '06 squad did.

Nagy has been much more than I thought he was going to be. Biscuit is going to get there. We need to be patient and supportive of that guy because this is really his rookie year and this offense has to be complex as hell to learn. All his receivers are new too. Biscuit will get there.

Meanwhile, dammit this defense. I could just watch the defensive portions of the game and be happy. What a group.
G08
Hall of Famer

I have a tendency to blindly support the Bears QB ever since I was a kid (save for Steve Walsh, Kyle Orton, and Mike Glennon). It feels different with Trubisky... I don't see him making bone-headed mistakes with regards to poor reads; his biggest issue is experience in this offense and mechanics. I think he's a hard working SOB, an ELITE athlete for the position (some of his runs escaping the pocket are stunning) and someone who has a burning desire to win. I can work with that as a Bears QB, the question on the line is if Matt Nagy can marry a scheme perfectly suited to Trubisky's strengths. I think he can and I have a feeling this kid is about to go on a tear to finish out the rest of this season. Does that mean Super Bowl victory? I wouldn't put it past us.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Knuckles
Player of the Month

I'm new up here but I remember some of you guys from way back in the 2000s on the BearReports forums... I've been watching this team since the 70s and I can honestly say this is the most excited I've been about this team since the late 80s. Give or take a year or two in between then and now there's been not been a lot to cheer for. But, through all the garbage teams and terrible owner decisions that we stuck through the Bears owe this to us as fans and we deserve it!

Nagy talks about him and the players not thinking about the past or the rivalry well that's not as easy for a fan of this team. He wasn't here for all the full page apologies from the owners / team or the last 2 coaches we had and the embarrassment the 90s were after the owners told us it was their time not ours anymore.

We stuck through all that and we now can finally feel good about the future of our team. It's good the McCaskeys finally got it right for us fans. This brings back good memories of the family get togethers every Sunday to watch the Bears in the 80s dominate and the City of Chicago going all nuts over the team. If the Bears win a round in the playoffs I guarantee SNL will do a tribute skit. Good times ahead lol...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
EricTighe
MVP

34 is who I followed as a kid. Made me die-hard Bears fan cuz of him.

Been saying it all year since the Mack trade. Superbowl or bust.

Merry X-mas older dudes and kids.
mohner1
Practice Squad

Curtis Conway was my guy.....

Funny thing is I don't really remember WHY I'm a Bears fan... I've just always been one. No family or state (not from Chicago or IL) influences. I just have always known it was the right team for me, and have bled orange & navy, and have rejoiced with the good times.

This winning season has a different feel to it than the other times we've had good seasons. I have the feeling we're not only very good this year, but we'll be good for a long time, not necessarily because of your current roster, talent level, contracts, etc, but because of the WINNING CULTURE that Pace and Nagy are creating.
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”