WEEK 13 // Bears lose to Giants 30-27

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pagan
MVP

KOP_Snake wrote:Everyone with the optimism that this is the 2015 cubs... You don't know that the rare injury luck of this season is going to continue. It needs to happen this year. There is no damn next year! Not until next year. A couple of bad preseason games and we could have Mizzell starting at RB, a re-signed Matt Barkley at QB, and that god-aweful receiver situation of last season.
Of Course injuries are a part of football & they can & do change the out one of seasons.. but good lord dude.

Seriously, why does every post have to be worst case scenario?

What's the point?
Umbali
MVP

Some people just wanna yell the sky is falling. We have exceeded expectations so far and no indication that we will stop. At some point the season will be over and anything without a SB title will suck, but did anyone really expect that? I am loving this year, and am bummed that we gave some games away, but this is the NFL, that shit happens weekly.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
docc
Head Coach

Next up..Rams
I want to eat their children...
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Pagan wrote:
KOP_Snake wrote:Everyone with the optimism that this is the 2015 cubs... You don't know that the rare injury luck of this season is going to continue. It needs to happen this year. There is no damn next year! Not until next year. A couple of bad preseason games and we could have Mizzell starting at RB, a re-signed Matt Barkley at QB, and that god-aweful receiver situation of last season.
Of Course injuries are a part of football & they can & do change the out one of seasons.. but good lord dude.

Seriously, you dies every post have to be worst case scenario?

What's the point?
The point is carpe fucking diem.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:I get it but just to play Devil's Advocate, Sean McVay's Rams went 11-5 and to the playoffs in his first season and that offense was ranked #1 in the league... why can't we do or expect that?
Because the Rams had a better running game and a better offensive line last year than the Bears have this year.

Also... what's to say the Bears don't finish 11-5 and go to the playoffs?
Fair... but you don't lose to the Packers/Dolphins/Giants en route to an 11-5 record, ya know? Gotta beat the lesser teams (I get that the NFL is any given Sunday, though).
We're gonna do this. The Packers, 49ers and Vikings are fucked against us. We're gonna make the playoffs even if we lose to the Vikings.

Biscuit comes back on Sunday against the Rams in Soldier's Field. If (fuck it....When) he goes out there and lights them up and we win that game, a statue of The Swagtastic One needs to get put up out front of that stadium right quick.

This team has a golden opportunity for glory. Just imagine them winning that game against the Rams. Picture it. This town will lose its mind. I think they're pissed and hungry and Nagy will have them prepared.

Then next week its (Fuck The) Packers and we're gonna beat them too.
malk
Head Coach

IotaNet wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:I get it but just to play Devil's Advocate, Sean McVay's Rams went 11-5 and to the playoffs in his first season and that offense was ranked #1 in the league... why can't we do or expect that?
Because the Rams had a better running game and a better offensive line last year than the Bears have this year.

Fair... but you don't lose to the Packers/Dolphins/Giants en route to an 11-5 record, ya know? Gotta beat the lesser teams (I get that the NFL is any given Sunday, though).
If the Bears go 11-5, win the division, and go to the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade...I promise you I'm not going to bemoan those 5 losses...no matter who they lost to.
Fellas -- If the Bears go 9-7 and make the playoffs, I'll be happy!

For what its worth, we talk about this team being like the 2015 Cubs and that's a good analogy. My personal comparison is to the 1984 Bears. That year, they finished 10-6.

It was their second season under Ditka and they made the playoffs and actually won their first game against Washington. They lost the next game against San Francisco but they came away saying "Hey -- we have the makings of something REALLY special here!" The next year was '85 and we all know how that turned out.

That's where I feel this team is now --on the cusp of something really special but it will take a minute or two to jell.
YES! This year we get to the playoffs, win in the wild card round and push hard in the divisional round. You know, I might actually prefer to not get a 1st round bye just so we have a better chance of experiencing winning a playoff game...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Look the bears have a good record. They will likely make the playoffs. They haven't passed the eye test all year. Luckily the NFL isn't good this year.

Maybe my eyes are wrong.
wab
Mod

Bears fans absolutely, 100% have no idea how to handle success. I understand why, but man it takes the fun right out of winning.
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

We're gonna do this. The Packers, 49ers and Vikings are fucked against us. We're gonna make the playoffs even if we lose to the Vikings.

Biscuit comes back on Sunday against the Rams in Soldier's Field. If (fuck it....When) he goes out there and lights them up and we win that game, a statue of The Swagtastic One needs to get put up out front of that stadium right quick.

This team has a golden opportunity for glory. Just imagine them winning that game against the Rams. Picture it. This town will lose its mind. I think they're pissed and hungry and Nagy will have them prepared.

Then next week its (Fuck The) Packers and we're gonna beat them too.
All the likes..... I miss feeling this unbridled confidence!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

skamanfrank
Journeyman

mmmc_35 wrote:Look the bears have a good record. They will likely make the playoffs. They haven't passed the eye test all year. Luckily the NFL isn't good this year.

Maybe my eyes are wrong.
This. Right. Here.
I love Trubisky... I think he's going to be great. But the O, in particular, hasn't consistently passed the eye test all year.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I am going to ask that all of the "eye test" people take a step back and gain a little perspective. When you took a new job at a company, were you better in the first year you worked there, or the third? Hell, the first year you were still trying to figure out where the bathrooms were. Stop with all of this instant proficiency crap. There is NO WAY in holy HELL that an offense should be able to grasp an entirely new system in the first year. NO WAY. If that were true, teams would be changing coaches every year, trying to find the right one.

WAB is right. Bears fans have no idea how to handle success.

Just chill out.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I disagree. Both can be true. I am happy they are winning and doing well. The team is progressing. However watching this team do you really think they are an upper echelon team? I say no. Luckily the schedule and the rest of the NFL has helped the Bears record.

You can realize this is far from a finished product and yet be happy with the production.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I am going to ask that all of the "eye test" people take a step back and gain a little perspective. When you took a new job at a company, were you better in the first year you worked there, or the third? Hell, the first year you were still trying to figure out where the bathrooms were. Stop with all of this instant proficiency crap. There is NO WAY in holy HELL that an offense should be able to grasp an entirely new system in the first year. NO WAY. If that were true, teams would be changing coaches every year, trying to find the right one.

WAB is right. Bears fans have no idea how to handle success.

Just chill out.
You're missing the point.... I'm delighted with this year and like I said, I think Trubs will be awesome given a bit more time and experience.

BUT. The O hasn't been particularly good at times this year and that's exactly why I'm not dissapointed to be 8-4 and looking good to make the playoffs. But it's also exactly why I'm not expecting to win out or make it past the first or second game of the playoffs.

Let's be honest- the Pack and the Vikings in particular aren't as good as they were expected to be this year, that's why I agreed with mmmc.
You can realize this is far from a finished product and yet be happy with the production.
Exactly!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

So I have been really sick with the flu for the last 48 hours, and I had to miss a corporate event at Soldier Field last night. Who were the Bears players that showed up you ask? Anthony Miller and Roquan Smith. DAMMIT! Fucking flu.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears fans don't know how to handle success because we've had so little of it! Anyone else vividly remember jumping up and down week 17 against Green Bay thinking we're going to the playoffs, we're going to the playoffs!!?

I do.

Anyone remember what happened next?

How about 2010 where we had a shot to rip the Packer's heart out week 17 and knock them out of the playoffs? Instead we don't game plan, they win and proceed to knock us out of the NFC Championship game en route to them winning a Super Bowl.

I mean come on now. I'm glad we're 8-4, but losses like this bullshit to the NYG screams "same old Bears" to me and gives me no reason to think we are a lock for this division. Hell, if the NFC North comes down to week 17 against the Vikings I practically expect them to lose.

Maybe it's a new era -- feels like it is to an extent -- but they have to fucking SHOW ME first before they get any sense of unbridled confidence from me. Those days are over.

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It is a new beginning, just a beginning. So the old shit still creeps in and raises doubt in my eyes. nagy will get it turned around and seasons like this year, will be the "old Bears" and there will be fonder memories.
G08
Hall of Famer

https://670thescore.radio.com/gabriel-1 ... -for-bears" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Middleguard
MVP

Nothing significant to report here except that Knuckles was one of only three to get the winner right, yet barely made it into the top half because he didn't foresee the high scoring:
86 BearButtseks
114 Richie (glad to see you back)
158 Mr.Irrelevant
182 MoFugger
194 wab
200 Nanky
254 WagonForce
278 GSH / UOK
312 Middleguard / Mikefive
338 Pagan
366 Knuckles
392 The Marshall Plan
434 G08 / mmmc_35
438 HurricaneBear
450 Boris13c
494 Bears Whiskey Nut
566 mohner
578 southdakbearfan
674 Bearfanuk
746 malk
842 AZ_Bearfan
866 Ormazd
992 Atkins&Rebel
1274 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
494 Otis Day
866 Umbali

EricTighe, hang in there. Nanky, you also have to make predictions for the next 4 games to stay eligible for my awards.
G08
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:Nothing significant to report here except that Knuckles was one of only three to get the winner right, yet barely made it into the top half because he didn't foresee the high scoring:
86 BearButtseks
158 Mr.Irrelevant
182 MoFugger
194 wab
200 Nanky
254 WagonForce
278 GSH / UOK
338 Pagan
366 Knuckles
392 The Marshall Plan
434 G08 / mmmc_35
438 HurricaneBear
450 Boris13c
494 Bears Whiskey Nut
566 mohner
578 southdakbearfan
674 Bearfanuk
746 malk
842 AZ_Bearfan
866 Ormazd
992 Atkins&Rebel
1274 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
494 Otis Day
866 Umbali

EricTighe, hang in there. Nanky, you also have to make predictions for the next 4 games to stay eligible for my awards.
BWN = Bearly Winning Now

Muaahahahaha

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Middleguard wrote:Nothing significant to report here except that Knuckles was one of only three to get the winner right, yet barely made it into the top half because he didn't foresee the high scoring:
86 BearButtseks
158 Mr.Irrelevant
182 MoFugger
194 wab
200 Nanky
254 WagonForce
278 GSH / UOK
338 Pagan
366 Knuckles
392 The Marshall Plan
434 G08 / mmmc_35
438 HurricaneBear
450 Boris13c
494 Bears Whiskey Nut
566 mohner
578 southdakbearfan
674 Bearfanuk
746 malk
842 AZ_Bearfan
866 Ormazd
992 Atkins&Rebel
1274 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
494 Otis Day
866 Umbali

BWN = Bearly Winning Now

Muaahahahaha

Stay_Cool
MVP

This loss is on me...

I wasn't in the game chat, nor was I home to have Waffles don her jersey. I SHOULDER FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
G08
Hall of Famer

Stay_Cool wrote:This loss is on me...

I wasn't in the game chat, nor was I home to have Waffles don her jersey. I SHOULDER FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS

That explains why the chatroom felt less homoerotic....

Stay_Cool
MVP

G08 wrote:

That explains why the chatroom felt less homoerotic....
Ppfftt pretending you didn't miss it...

Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

86 BearButtseks
158 Mr.Irrelevant
182 MoFugger
194 wab
200 Nanky
254 WagonForce
278 GSH / UOK
338 Pagan
366 Knuckles
392 The Marshall Plan
434 G08 / mmmc_35
438 HurricaneBear
450 Boris13c
494 Bears Whiskey Nut
566 mohner
578 southdakbearfan
674 Bearfanuk
746 malk
842 AZ_Bearfan
866 Ormazd
992 Atkins&Rebel
1274 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
494 Otis Day
866 Umbali

Dude, I have to say... Thanks so much for your effort here. It's work that you don't have to do. And you could punt on this at any time or take weeks off. But you don't. That is very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone here. :) :thumbsup: :headbang:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Mikefive wrote:
86 BearButtseks
158 Mr.Irrelevant
182 MoFugger
194 wab
200 Nanky
254 WagonForce
278 GSH / UOK
338 Pagan
366 Knuckles
392 The Marshall Plan
434 G08 / mmmc_35
438 HurricaneBear
450 Boris13c
494 Bears Whiskey Nut
566 mohner
578 southdakbearfan
674 Bearfanuk
746 malk
842 AZ_Bearfan
866 Ormazd
992 Atkins&Rebel
1274 EricTighe
Duplicate predictions:
494 Otis Day
866 Umbali

Dude, I have to say... Thanks so much for your effort here. It's work that you don't have to do. And you could punt on this at any time or take weeks off. But you don't. That is very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone here. :) :thumbsup: :headbang:
I'm with Mike. Thank you Middleguard!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

you left Waffles naked on game day?

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

I was just getting a back rub from Mrs Bearfanuk..you kna what I’m saying and I had to ask her to stop, because I’d forgotten to put my bears rams prediction in...THATS how serious I’m taking it, so your damn right I’m thankful man! Truly thankful

Now do we have any ice for this black eye :) :)
Have a great day
Middleguard
MVP

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:
Mikefive wrote:Dude, I have to say... Thanks so much for your effort here. It's work that you don't have to do. And you could punt on this at any time or take weeks off. But you don't. That is very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone here. :) :thumbsup: :headbang:
I'm with Mike. Thank you Middleguard!
Bearfanuk wrote:I was just getting a back rub from Mrs Bearfanuk..you kna what I’m saying and I had to ask her to stop, because I’d forgotten to put my bears rams prediction in...THATS how serious I’m taking it, so your damn right I’m thankful man! Truly thankful
I'm thankful for your thanks, but that's only part of why I'm doing this.
I can't watch a sack then explain to you that the lineman was shuffling his feet to the wrong drummer, or that a receiver rounded off his route and thereby blew his chance to gain separation. Others here can do that. It's a big part of why I'm here.
So I try to contribute what I can. Numbers whisper secrets in my ear. I try to share some of those.