WEEK 13 // Bears lose to Giants 30-27

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Looks like Hicks may be out as well. NO practice for Hicks yesterday or today. Nursing achilles injury.

As for the game, UOK do you really think Howard will get that many carries? I would be surprised. I can't see Nagy giving him 10-14 more carries this game. They are averaging about 30 carries a game. I see the attempts being spread out.
G08
Hall of Famer

I honestly think Hicks is just being rested... that dude is an animal and he doesn't need practice reps to go out and kick everyone's ass.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I would be shocked if he didn't go. If he doesn't, Nichols is going to have to step up in a big way.
WagonForce
MVP

The Giants have not been a good football team this season, but they have improved markedly in the last stretch of games and are definitely better than their record indicates. I'm torn on the apparent decision to sit Trubisky, and am trying to get used to this team making decisions like this one.

On the road, backup QB, some injuries appear to be adding up on the defensive side of the ball as well, and we have the makings of a challenging game that I fear turning into a surprise upset.

I think this is going to be a slugfest.

Bears 20
Giants 17
Pagan
MVP

8~3 Bears @ 3~8 Giants

As with most NFL teams, they're Very rarely as good or bad as their W/L record.

The Giants Have been in most of their games.. like Many of the old school (pre~Nagy) coached teams that we've been used to.
The Giants play the slow, ball control offense (with the occasional big play) & the bend but don't break defense style that we should all be used to seeing from years past.

This is why the Giants have a crappy defense but still manage to keep teams from racking up big scores (usually).

My Pagan Prediction : (With a Surprise Ending!)

Bears Defense =
Eli Manning is going to busier than the soup lines during the depression of the 1930's!

* 6 Sacks (1 Strip/Sack/Fumble)
* 2 FF's
* 3 INT's

×1 Defensive TD & a brand new NY Themed Celebration*
* Mack Attack 3 Sacks 1 FF

Bears Offense=
Rushing total: 130 yards
Passing: 325 yards

Big Game:
A. Miller = 100+ 1 TD
The TE's= 100 yards 2 TD's

QB... Mitchell Trubiski!
325 yards/3 TD's/30 Rush

Bears: 31

Giants: 20
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

A big question to me that isn't getting discussed is... What's the bigger factor... Daniel getting to actually practice with his targets or the Giants having tape on Daniel to exploit after last week?

As many have said, the Giants aren't good, but they're not as bad as their record implies. And they are at home. But we are 8-3, in large part because Nagy has kept the team focused in other potential trap game situations. And my bias leans positively on Daniel, as I value experienced QBs who know the system and avoid mistakes, even if they aren't THAT talented.

Bears 23
Giants 16
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Mikefive wrote:A big question to me that isn't getting discussed is... What's the bigger factor... Daniel getting to actually practice with his targets or the Giants having tape on Daniel to exploit after last week?

As many have said, the Giants aren't good, but they're not as bad as their record implies. And they are at home. But we are 8-3, in large part because Nagy has kept the team focused in other potential trap game situations. And my bias leans positively on Daniel, as I value experienced QBs who know the system and avoid mistakes, even if they aren't THAT talented.

Bears 23
Giants 16
In the short term, it’s probably a bigger advantage for Daniel to get the reps. He hadn’t played in a couple years and had essentially zero reps with the ones.

Another week or two and I’d say it swings the other way. Hopefully we don’t have to find out though.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

For what it's worth. Evan Engram, their TE is going to be out for the game. I don't see that as a huge game changer though.
Pagan
MVP

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:A big question to me that isn't getting discussed is... What's the bigger factor... Daniel getting to actually practice with his targets or the Giants having tape on Daniel to exploit after last week?

Bears 23
Giants 16
In the short term, it’s probably a bigger advantage for Daniel to get the reps. He hadn’t played in a couple years and had essentially zero reps with the ones.

Another week or two and I’d say it swings the other way. Hopefully we don’t have to find out though.
If my Pagan insider info proves to be wrong & Daniels actually starts... I yeah, I'm not worried about the Giants getting Chase tendencies = 1 game isn't a big enough sample for them to get an accurate key on.

Besides that... Coach Nagy seems to be learning VERY quickly as a play caller & if/when that becomes an eventuality... Nagy will continue to self scout & mix it up enough to continue to cause false positives= like he's done with Mitch.

(Who's going to shock all non~pagans by starting)
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:For what it's worth. Evan Engram, their TE is going to be out for the game. I don't see that as a huge game changer though.
Well, nobody noticed when he was playing, so I doubt they'll notice when he isn't.
If anything, it's addition by subtraction.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Hicks practiced in full today. Trubisky is listed as Doubtful just like last week.
Never Die Easy
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

It's friday night, and I'm giddy. Only 36 hours to game time. It's been a LONG fucking time since I've been this excited about Sunday. Thank you Ryan and Matt!
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Heck I don’t know anymore.

Bears 14
Giants 9

Eddie Jackson game winning INT would be good
Have a great day
MoFugger
Head Coach

Just not feeling good about this one.
Giants 24
Bears 16
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Had a bad feeling about this game all week. Everyone thinks we will steamroll the Giants but I'm not so confident. I smell a trap here...

13 < Bears vs Giants > 17
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Keys of the game:
Get pressure on Eli...Manning folds quicker than a cheap lawn chair when the pressure is on
Protect the football...The giants' only hope is to exploit turnovers and get points on a short field
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Weather report does not look good tomorrow in NJ. Looking like scattered thunderstorms and a lot of rain. I can't remember if The Meadowlands is natural grass or field turf. If it's grass, that may neutralize our pass rush, and make it harder for the DB's. Crappy weather does not help us.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Weather report does not look good tomorrow in NJ. Looking like scattered thunderstorms and a lot of rain. I can't remember if The Meadowlands is natural grass or field turf. If it's grass, that may neutralize our pass rush, and make it harder for the DB's. Crappy weather does not help us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetLife_Stadium

Its turf. Act Global Speed S5.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Bears win! 20-13
Richie
MVP

Been very nervous about this game.

Giants 23
Bears 19

Pray to god I'm wrong, because this would be very bad before LA coming to town.
Richie
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Weather report does not look good tomorrow in NJ. Looking like scattered thunderstorms and a lot of rain. I can't remember if The Meadowlands is natural grass or field turf. If it's grass, that may neutralize our pass rush, and make it harder for the DB's. Crappy weather does not help us.
It is artificial turf
Richie
MVP

I have a feeling Chase has a couple of costly turnovers tomorrow

He got away with a close call on an INT and was lucky not to lose two fumbles by my count.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:I have a feeling Chase has a couple of costly turnovers tomorrow

He got away with a close call on an INT and was lucky not to lose two fumbles by my count.
I wonder if Biscuits even dresses tomorrow?
docc
Head Coach

..I'll wait without guessing..less agita..and the outcome will still be the same..

Enjoy the game gents
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Richie wrote:I have a feeling Chase has a couple of costly turnovers tomorrow

I wonder if Biscuits even dresses tomorrow?
I hope so just in case Daniel isn't doing well. It'll be good for Biscuit to do it just to get back into the swing of things.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I am getting a bad feeling that Nagy is sticking with Daniel's one game too long. Maybe its the irrational negative Bears' fan in me, or maybe is understanding that Daniel's is a back-up for a reason. But I just think that, with the weather being crappy, this isn't going to well.

I hope that Biscuits dresses, and that he might be available if we need him. UGH!
EricTighe
MVP

Bears 34
Giants 9

Think we get a few defensive TD's and Daniels will do enough to keep the chains moving and scoring a few TD's.
Pagan
MVP

I believe I've already broke the news that Mitch is starting... not sure why there's all this Chase Daniels nonsense still going on in this thread.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Mitch pulls the mcmahon, comes in and rallies the troops to a big win.
Ormazd
MVP

I guess I'm irrational in the other direction. This is the first game in a month I haven't been particularly nervous about. The Giants are just not very good. I think the Bears win easily whether Mitch or Chase play.