View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 pm 
Mod

KOP_Snake wrote:
Everyone with the optimism that this is the 2015 cubs... You don't know that the rare injury luck of this season is going to continue. It needs to happen this year. There is no damn next year! Not until next year. A couple of bad preseason games and we could have Mizzell starting at RB, a re-signed Matt Barkley at QB, and that god-aweful receiver situation of last season.

Of Course injuries are a part of football & they can & do change the out one of seasons.. but good lord dude.

Seriously, why does every post have to be worst case scenario?

What's the point?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:28 pm 
Player of the Month

Some people just wanna yell the sky is falling. We have exceeded expectations so far and no indication that we will stop. At some point the season will be over and anything without a SB title will suck, but did anyone really expect that? I am loving this year, and am bummed that we gave some games away, but this is the NFL, that shit happens weekly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 pm 
Head Coach

Next up..Rams
I want to eat their children...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:51 am 
MVP

Pagan wrote:
KOP_Snake wrote:
Everyone with the optimism that this is the 2015 cubs... You don't know that the rare injury luck of this season is going to continue. It needs to happen this year. There is no damn next year! Not until next year. A couple of bad preseason games and we could have Mizzell starting at RB, a re-signed Matt Barkley at QB, and that god-aweful receiver situation of last season.

Of Course injuries are a part of football & they can & do change the out one of seasons.. but good lord dude.

Seriously, you dies every post have to be worst case scenario?

What's the point?

The point is carpe fucking diem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:26 am 
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
I get it but just to play Devil's Advocate, Sean McVay's Rams went 11-5 and to the playoffs in his first season and that offense was ranked #1 in the league... why can't we do or expect that?

Because the Rams had a better running game and a better offensive line last year than the Bears have this year.

Also... what's to say the Bears don't finish 11-5 and go to the playoffs?

Fair... but you don't lose to the Packers/Dolphins/Giants en route to an 11-5 record, ya know? Gotta beat the lesser teams (I get that the NFL is any given Sunday, though).

We're gonna do this. The Packers, 49ers and Vikings are fucked against us. We're gonna make the playoffs even if we lose to the Vikings.

Biscuit comes back on Sunday against the Rams in Soldier's Field. If (fuck it....When) he goes out there and lights them up and we win that game, a statue of The Swagtastic One needs to get put up out front of that stadium right quick.

This team has a golden opportunity for glory. Just imagine them winning that game against the Rams. Picture it. This town will lose its mind. I think they're pissed and hungry and Nagy will have them prepared.

Then next week its (Fuck The) Packers and we're gonna beat them too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 am 
Head Coach

IotaNet wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
I get it but just to play Devil's Advocate, Sean McVay's Rams went 11-5 and to the playoffs in his first season and that offense was ranked #1 in the league... why can't we do or expect that?

Because the Rams had a better running game and a better offensive line last year than the Bears have this year.

Fair... but you don't lose to the Packers/Dolphins/Giants en route to an 11-5 record, ya know? Gotta beat the lesser teams (I get that the NFL is any given Sunday, though).

If the Bears go 11-5, win the division, and go to the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade...I promise you I'm not going to bemoan those 5 losses...no matter who they lost to.
Fellas -- If the Bears go 9-7 and make the playoffs, I'll be happy!

For what its worth, we talk about this team being like the 2015 Cubs and that's a good analogy. My personal comparison is to the 1984 Bears. That year, they finished 10-6.

It was their second season under Ditka and they made the playoffs and actually won their first game against Washington. They lost the next game against San Francisco but they came away saying "Hey -- we have the makings of something REALLY special here!" The next year was '85 and we all know how that turned out.

That's where I feel this team is now --on the cusp of something really special but it will take a minute or two to jell.

YES! This year we get to the playoffs, win in the wild card round and push hard in the divisional round. You know, I might actually prefer to not get a 1st round bye just so we have a better chance of experiencing winning a playoff game...

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 am 
Head Coach

Look the bears have a good record. They will likely make the playoffs. They haven't passed the eye test all year. Luckily the NFL isn't good this year.

Maybe my eyes are wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 am 
Mod

Bears fans absolutely, 100% have no idea how to handle success. I understand why, but man it takes the fun right out of winning.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 am 
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

We're gonna do this. The Packers, 49ers and Vikings are fucked against us. We're gonna make the playoffs even if we lose to the Vikings.

Biscuit comes back on Sunday against the Rams in Soldier's Field. If (fuck it....When) he goes out there and lights them up and we win that game, a statue of The Swagtastic One needs to get put up out front of that stadium right quick.

This team has a golden opportunity for glory. Just imagine them winning that game against the Rams. Picture it. This town will lose its mind. I think they're pissed and hungry and Nagy will have them prepared.

Then next week its (Fuck The) Packers and we're gonna beat them too.

All the likes..... I miss feeling this unbridled confidence!

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:41 am 
Practice Squad

mmmc_35 wrote:
Look the bears have a good record. They will likely make the playoffs. They haven't passed the eye test all year. Luckily the NFL isn't good this year.

Maybe my eyes are wrong.

This. Right. Here.
I love Trubisky... I think he's going to be great. But the O, in particular, hasn't consistently passed the eye test all year.

#42 Coventry Jets

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next