View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Chris Emma @CEmma670
Bears safety Eddie Jackson has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:59 am 
Hall of Famer

Bill Zimmerman

@ZimmermanSXM
1m1 minute ago
More
Wide Receivers selected in the 2017 NFL Draft that have more touchdowns than Eddie Jackson (@EJackson_4) who has 5:

JuJu Smith-Schuster 11
Cooper Kupp 11
Kenny Golladay 8
Mike Williams 7

That's it.

#DaBears

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:02 am 
MVP

In the last three weeks, the Bears have an offensive player of the week, special teams player of the week, and a defensive player of the week.

Pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Was just named NFC defensive player of the month of November!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:38 am 
Hall of Famer

Hell YES!!

The second-year safety helped lead the Bears to a perfect 4-0 record, scoring three defensive touchdowns while recording 15 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and four pass breakups.

That's some serious shit right there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 am 
Hall of Famer

What a fucking baller!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm 
Hall of Famer

nice to see the guys getting the deserved recognition

and Mr. Jackson is doing his best to be on the revered career tracks of players like Fencik and Brown

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 pm 
Assistant Coach

Funkster wrote:
I watched 8 of his games on DB. His film isn't impressive, shows more wrong than right. Not sure what Pace and Co. sees in this kid? Only thing I can see as a potential building block is he can stay on the receivers hip on deep balls and has some PB follow through. I don't like this pick at all. Hope I'm wrong.

MoFugger wrote:
This is my problem with taking a pre injured player banking on his recovery and his highlight reel as explained by an NFL scout......

The scout told NFL.com that Jackson was a product of Alabama’s loaded defense and “cherry-picked” bad passes to pad his stats before suffering a season-ending injury in 2016.

“He had like 10 first-rounders in front of him and lockdown corners who almost never needed help,” the scout told NFL.com. “He got to sit back and cherry-pick overthrows. That’s great work if you can get it.”

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Because I am petty, I would like to point out these two horrible takes right after the draft in 2017, I'll let Doctor Cox handle it from here...

His run support still needs work but you don't draft a centerfield safety for his tackling ability, you get him to help swing/seal a game with a perfectly timed pick six....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:16 pm 
Hall of Famer

BamaBear09 wrote:
Funkster wrote:
I watched 8 of his games on DB. His film isn't impressive, shows more wrong than right. Not sure what Pace and Co. sees in this kid? Only thing I can see as a potential building block is he can stay on the receivers hip on deep balls and has some PB follow through. I don't like this pick at all. Hope I'm wrong.

MoFugger wrote:
This is my problem with taking a pre injured player banking on his recovery and his highlight reel as explained by an NFL scout......

The scout told NFL.com that Jackson was a product of Alabama’s loaded defense and “cherry-picked” bad passes to pad his stats before suffering a season-ending injury in 2016.

“He had like 10 first-rounders in front of him and lockdown corners who almost never needed help,” the scout told NFL.com. “He got to sit back and cherry-pick overthrows. That’s great work if you can get it.”

Because I am petty, I would like to point out these two horrible takes right after the draft in 2017, I'll let Doctor Cox handle it from here...

His run support still needs work but you don't draft a centerfield safety for his tackling ability, you get him to help swing/seal a game with a perfectly timed pick six....

HAHA! That's funny. It's always fun to go back and see how wrong you were about something. You could fill an entire website with my content.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:24 pm 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Funkster wrote:

MoFugger wrote:

HAHA! That's funny. It's always fun to go back and see how wrong you were about something. You could fill an entire website with my content.

G08 wrote:
The only thing I don't like about him is that he's soft in run-support, and a poor tackler as other posters have addressed here.

Good thing we have Amos for that.

I like this kid as a true center-fielder.

:D