View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Fangio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm 
Hall of Famer

I get that coordinators want to move on from their position to take the reigns of an organization. But Fangio is 60 years old. He is considered one of the best, if not THE best DC in the league. He can become famous for the defense that he puts together in Chicago, and win a SB at the same time. There has to be SOME value to accepting WHO you are and being the VERY best that you can be at that position. Not every coordinator in the league was meant to be a HC, and that's kind of where I view Fangio. He needs to realize what his shortcomings are, and make the most of what is already a GREAT situation. Do you want to be best at your position and win a SB, or do you want to be mediocre and flail around in head coaching hell.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 pm 
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I get that coordinators want to move on from their position to take the reigns of an organization. But Fangio is 60 years old. He is considered one of the best, if not THE best DC in the league. He can become famous for the defense that he puts together in Chicago, and win a SB at the same time. There has to be SOME value to accepting WHO you are and being the VERY best that you can be at that position. Not every coordinator in the league was meant to be a HC, and that's kind of where I view Fangio. He needs to realize what his shortcomings are, and make the most of what is already a GREAT situation. Do you want to be best at your position and win a SB, or do you want to be mediocre and flail around in head coaching hell.

I completely agree & hope this is the path that he chooses BWN!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:08 pm 
Head Coach

it's funny how this is just going to be a conversation that gets rehashed every year until he finally retires. same talking points, same arguments, etc. Fangio isnt going anywhere, he's here until he retires from football or we fire him for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:23 pm 
Head Coach

I would think Green Bay, Cleveland, Jets are all looking for an offensive guy. Jacksonville, Giants, Tampa could look for a guy like him. For either defensive help, or toughening up a team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:42 pm 
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
it's funny how this is just going to be a conversation that gets rehashed every year until he finally retires. same talking points, same arguments, etc. Fangio isnt going anywhere, he's here until he retires from football or we fire him for some reason.

If McCaskey is smart. He'll hand Fangio a blank contract, and tell him to fill in the amount. Fangio needs to be the highest paid coordinator, and needs to stay with the Bears, as long as we have Khalil Mack.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:51 pm 
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

If McCaskey is smart. He'll hand Fangio a blank contract, and tell him to fill in the amount. Fangio needs to be the highest paid coordinator, and needs to stay with the Bears, as long as we have Khalil Mack.

That's just silly. Good teams lose coordinators all the time. Really good ones overcome it. There are guys out there just as good that only need a chance to show it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:23 am 
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

That's just silly. Good teams lose coordinators all the time. Really good ones overcome it. There are guys out there just as good that only need a chance to show it.

there are also guys who have no business being a DC in this league who we wont know about until they get the chance.
i guess if i was worried about the mccaskey's ability top buy another few summer homes i'd be concerned about how much fangio makes too???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:38 pm 
MVP

His defense can't even stop Eli Manning. He aint going nowhere as a head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:43 pm 
Mod

KOP_Snake wrote:
His defense can't even stop Eli Manning. He aint going nowhere as a head coach.

You misspelled Saquon Barkley.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm 
MVP

Right, he also couldn't stop them from doing the same type of run over and over again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next