View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 14058
Location: The Bear Nebula
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
The timeout bullshit is, well... bullshit. So can we just lay that one to rest?

Wanna talk about Barkley? Cool
Wanna talk about the pick 6? Fine
Wanna talk about Chase fumbling the ball like 8 times? Go right ahead
Wanna talk about the lack of pass rush against a shitty OL? Be my guest.
Wanna talk about the batted balls and poor accuracy? Feel free.

The timeout before the half isn't the reason the Bear lost.


FWIW Akiem Hicks said that was a huge play in the game, I'm inclined to agree. Wasn't the reason we lost, but we gave them momentum on a stupid coaching decision.



the point I think was for the Bears to get the ball back with time to kick a half ending FG, which I could see but if that was his point, then why not call the timeout earlier?

as for it not working, I don't recall Nagy being 1 of the 5 Bears defenders that could have stopped Barkley after a gain of 3 yards but instead let him run for 20 ... go watch that replay ... looks like the Bears just said screw it and thought time would run out as he ran around

_________________
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Posts: 58
Quote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
The timeout bullshit is, well... bullshit. So can we just lay that one to rest?

Wanna talk about Barkley? Cool
Wanna talk about the pick 6? Fine
Wanna talk about Chase fumbling the ball like 8 times? Go right ahead
Wanna talk about the lack of pass rush against a shitty OL? Be my guest.
Wanna talk about the batted balls and poor accuracy? Feel free.

The timeout before the half isn't the reason the Bear lost.


FWIW Akiem Hicks said that was a huge play in the game, I'm inclined to agree. Wasn't the reason we lost, but we gave them momentum on a stupid coaching decision.



the point I think was for the Bears to get the ball back with time to kick a half ending FG, which I could see but if that was his point, then why not call the timeout earlier?

as for it not working, I don't recall Nagy being 1 of the 5 Bears defenders that could have stopped Barkley after a gain of 3 yards but instead let him run for 20 ... go watch that replay ... looks like the Bears just said screw it and thought time would run out as he ran around


yup. I put more onus on the defense making 1 stop, than Nagy playing the odds and trying to make something positive happen.

_________________
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
Head Coach

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am
Posts: 2286
mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
The timeout bullshit is, well... bullshit. So can we just lay that one to rest?

Wanna talk about Barkley? Cool
Wanna talk about the pick 6? Fine
Wanna talk about Chase fumbling the ball like 8 times? Go right ahead
Wanna talk about the lack of pass rush against a shitty OL? Be my guest.
Wanna talk about the batted balls and poor accuracy? Feel free.

The timeout before the half isn't the reason the Bear lost.


FWIW Akiem Hicks said that was a huge play in the game, I'm inclined to agree. Wasn't the reason we lost, but we gave them momentum on a stupid coaching decision.



the point I think was for the Bears to get the ball back with time to kick a half ending FG, which I could see but if that was his point, then why not call the timeout earlier?

as for it not working, I don't recall Nagy being 1 of the 5 Bears defenders that could have stopped Barkley after a gain of 3 yards but instead let him run for 20 ... go watch that replay ... looks like the Bears just said screw it and thought time would run out as he ran around


yup. I put more onus on the defense making 1 stop, than Nagy playing the odds and trying to make something positive happen.

And that is actually One stop on two tries. Remember, they had to convert, and get out of bounds on 4th down in order to line up and kick the longest field goal in Giants history.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 am 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am
Posts: 1343
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Bringing this topic back on track...
What are your guys opinions on moving Kush bac in there... or even Calling Coward (big assed mauler) up from the PS?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Journeyman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am
Posts: 131
Cowart has been on the 53 all season, he has not been active on a single game day though


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13932
Location: World Championsville
Z Bear wrote:
Cowart has been on the 53 all season, he has not been active on a single game day though


Feels like Coward is Hiestand's pet project... I'm not sure they want to move him around and just want to see if he can progress enough to be an RT for us in the future.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 6892
Location: Berwyn, IL
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 6892
Location: Berwyn, IL
G08 wrote:
Z Bear wrote:
Cowart has been on the 53 all season, he has not been active on a single game day though


Feels like Coward is Hiestand's pet project... I'm not sure they want to move him around and just want to see if he can progress enough to be an RT for us in the future.


Agreed. Barring injury, Coward isn't seeing the field this year. They keep him on the 53, because he showed enough on tape to warrant being poached. But he's not ready for prime time yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 14058
Location: The Bear Nebula
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.




you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too

_________________
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 6892
Location: Berwyn, IL
Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.




you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too


Hmmm...Boris. And I wonder which plays Howard broke for huge gains last week...hmmmm...let me think. I'll get. Hold on a minute...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cheops32, Middleguard, UOK and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group