View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
The timeout bullshit is, well... bullshit. So can we just lay that one to rest?

Wanna talk about Barkley? Cool
Wanna talk about the pick 6? Fine
Wanna talk about Chase fumbling the ball like 8 times? Go right ahead
Wanna talk about the lack of pass rush against a shitty OL? Be my guest.
Wanna talk about the batted balls and poor accuracy? Feel free.

The timeout before the half isn't the reason the Bear lost.

FWIW Akiem Hicks said that was a huge play in the game, I'm inclined to agree. Wasn't the reason we lost, but we gave them momentum on a stupid coaching decision.

the point I think was for the Bears to get the ball back with time to kick a half ending FG, which I could see but if that was his point, then why not call the timeout earlier?

as for it not working, I don't recall Nagy being 1 of the 5 Bears defenders that could have stopped Barkley after a gain of 3 yards but instead let him run for 20 ... go watch that replay ... looks like the Bears just said screw it and thought time would run out as he ran around

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:47 pm 
Practice Squad

Quote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

FWIW Akiem Hicks said that was a huge play in the game, I'm inclined to agree. Wasn't the reason we lost, but we gave them momentum on a stupid coaching decision.

the point I think was for the Bears to get the ball back with time to kick a half ending FG, which I could see but if that was his point, then why not call the timeout earlier?

as for it not working, I don't recall Nagy being 1 of the 5 Bears defenders that could have stopped Barkley after a gain of 3 yards but instead let him run for 20 ... go watch that replay ... looks like the Bears just said screw it and thought time would run out as he ran around

yup. I put more onus on the defense making 1 stop, than Nagy playing the odds and trying to make something positive happen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 pm 
Head Coach

mohner1 wrote:
Quote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

yup. I put more onus on the defense making 1 stop, than Nagy playing the odds and trying to make something positive happen.

And that is actually One stop on two tries. Remember, they had to convert, and get out of bounds on 4th down in order to line up and kick the longest field goal in Giants history.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 am 
Mod

Bringing this topic back on track...
What are your guys opinions on moving Kush bac in there... or even Calling Coward (big assed mauler) up from the PS?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am 
Journeyman

Cowart has been on the 53 all season, he has not been active on a single game day though

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am 
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote:
Cowart has been on the 53 all season, he has not been active on a single game day though

Feels like Coward is Hiestand's pet project... I'm not sure they want to move him around and just want to see if he can progress enough to be an RT for us in the future.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am 
Hall of Famer

I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am 
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Z Bear wrote:

Feels like Coward is Hiestand's pet project... I'm not sure they want to move him around and just want to see if he can progress enough to be an RT for us in the future.

Agreed. Barring injury, Coward isn't seeing the field this year. They keep him on the 53, because he showed enough on tape to warrant being poached. But he's not ready for prime time yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 am 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.

you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am 
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too

Hmmm...Boris. And I wonder which plays Howard broke for huge gains last week...hmmmm...let me think. I'll get. Hold on a minute...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next