View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 am 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.

you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too

Hmmm...Boris. And I wonder which plays Howard broke for huge gains last week...hmmmm...let me think. I'll get. Hold on a minute...

hard to have a big gain when you're getting hit almost at the same time as you get the hand-off

I don't understand the current Bears running game at all ... Howard is not Barkley ... he isn't going to simply bounce from where the hole was supposed to be and rip off 8-11 yards ... Howard needs a hole or a reasonable facsimile of one ... and when he gets one, he DOES get nice gains

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:42 pm 
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I think that they need to stay the course with the personnel. Witzmann had a bad game. Every player does. I think that Nagy needs to be scheming against the Rams biggest defensive strength, their pass rush. Call screen passes, quick slants, and draw plays. Allow the DL into the backfield, and then burn them for it. Wear them out.

you know what else helps slow down hard rushing defensive linemen? counter plays in the running game ... motion and blocking 1 way with the RB going the other by design ... generally 1 defender is allowed to be free to take himself out of the play with his own momentum

the old Redskins counter trey was effective and a similar type play with Howard could/would be too

Hmmm...Boris. And I wonder which plays Howard broke for huge gains last week...hmmmm...let me think. I'll get. Hold on a minute...

hard to have a big gain when you're getting hit almost at the same time as you get the hand-off

I don't understand the current Bears running game at all ... Howard is not Barkley ... he isn't going to simply bounce from where the hole was supposed to be and rip off 8-11 yards ... Howard needs a hole or a reasonable facsimile of one ... and when he gets one, he DOES get nice gains

I was being facetious. I think the two big gains that he had against the Giants were semi-counter plays, where the OL pushed the pile one way, and Howard snuck out the back door. I think they were counter plays. Maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 am 
MVP

Witzmann is awful, probably the worst starting offensive lineman in the league currently...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:40 am 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
Witzmann is awful, probably the worst starting offensive lineman in the league currently...

Is that what PFF says, or are you basing it off of that one play, in which you have no idea who actually missed their assignment?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:25 am 
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Is that what PFF says, or are you basing it off of that one play, in which you have no idea who actually missed their assignment?

I don’t have PFF, nor do I put that much value in their grades.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

I was being facetious. I think the two big gains that he had against the Giants were semi-counter plays, where the OL pushed the pile one way, and Howard snuck out the back door. I think they were counter plays. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure they weren't designed counter plays ... I think it was Howard simply choosing to cut back

if they were designed counters, they were not blocked properly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 am 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:

forget Witzmann ... watch and admire that awesome pass and reception by Robinson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 pm 
Mod

Yeah.. I'm not going to totally hang the dude out to dry on 1 bad game either.
He MUST either be an upgrade over Kush, either production or in health.

I don't remember anyone talking about it here, but I head (Nagy I believe) is say something about Kush dealing with a recurring neck injury~> which has got to mean bad neck disc's.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear Kush either getting offseason kneck surgery or being released after the season.

As for any talk about the potential Witzman/Donald nightmare... I we should all keep in mind that most of Donald's biggest inside sacks/pressures are coming from the LEFT side of tge Oline.

So... Daniels/Donald is the buried lead story here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:28 pm 
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:

forget Witzmann ... watch and admire that awesome pass and reception by Robinson
No kidding. Chase knows he's going to get smashed and puts it out there about as good as can be there. And a downright incredible catch.

I think that our offense spreads stuff around so much clouds how good ARob is right now. He is really REALLY good. We could target him 15x/per game and be effective.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:51 pm 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Adipost wrote:

He's really bad, Whiskey. If I'm LA I put Donald over him all night and just beat his ass.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next