Trubisky shoulder injury // Rolling thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

This could be something or it could be nothing but PFT is reporting it ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-injury/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Umbali
MVP

Probably feels bruised from the way he slides lol and makes the Lions look at tape of the backup lol
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I think it happened on the Harrison Smith penalty on the last drive. Hopefully it's nothing, he didn't come out of the game.
Never Die Easy
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:I think it happened on the Harrison Smith penalty on the last drive. Hopefully it's nothing, he didn't come out of the game.
Rewatching that game. Harrison Smith is a dirty ass player. He's a little bitch.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

His last throw to Cohen at the end was pretty weak I thought. Makes sense now though. I hope this isn't too big.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

One time, I believe in the 4th, he had a fucked up shoulder first slide and came up and looked a little gimpy. If he keeps running like he does, he is going to take some punishment.
tjs
Journeyman

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:I think it happened on the Harrison Smith penalty on the last drive. Hopefully it's nothing, he didn't come out of the game.
Rewatching that game. Harrison Smith is a dirty ass player. He's a little bitch.
nothing new. He always plays like that and I hate it.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

The website said if they had practiced today, he wouldn’t have participated. Which is really meaningless at this point.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:The website said if they had practiced today, he wouldn’t have participated. Which is really meaningless at this point.
If the Bears can get up early, I could see where Chase Daniels would come in for the 2nd half.
G08
Hall of Famer

Huh... I hope this isn't anything serious.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Vikings are full of dirty players. Smith is one of them and his pride was probably still hurting from Cohen making him look like he was having a blackout during a tackle.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:The website said if they had practiced today, he wouldn’t have participated. Which is really meaningless at this point.
If the Bears can get up early, I could see where Chase Daniels would come in for the 2nd half.
It would make sense to me if they sat Biscuit for the Lions game. Its on the road where he's not the same quarterback as is the Giants game. There's no point in jeopardizing the remainder of the season and Chase Daniels knows this offense. Its the perfect opportunity to rest him.

We can beat the Lions and the Giants with Daniels at QB, but we do need Biscuit for the Rams.
UOK
Site Admin

I think he's fine. I think he wouldn't have finished the game if it was serious.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

that was a definite cheap shot from Smith and no excuse for it ... he better get a hefty fine
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Pagan
MVP

Nagy will have a press conference at 11:30 today.

Most likely Nagy will confirm that it is Trubiskis throwing shoulder that got banged up on that dirty hit by the Vikings MLB, but Nagy will downplay questions on how the Vikings were taking late shots all game long & on how the refs were clearly trying to help keep the game close by those obvious terrible calls/no calls.

I'm expecting that there will be tons of questions leading up to Sundays game against the Lions, but where Trubiskis start will be a game time decision in which he'll start. (barring it being a fluke serious injury)

Hopefully it's not serious enough to be a lingering problem & I agree with the sentiment here... I if there's even a CHANCE that this shoulder becomes a lingering issue you sit Mitch immediately & give Daniels every available snap in practice.

This is a playoff team right now. Daniels knows this offense & seems perfectly capable of leading this team to 1 or 2 wins against the Lions & Giants.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:I'm expecting that there will be tons of questions leading up to Sundays game against the Lions, but where Trubiskis start will be a game time decision in which he'll start. (barring it being a fluke serious injury)
game is Thursday at 12:30pm EST
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
GSH
MVP

you'd expect Bray to be activated and get some prac reps if chase was gonna be starting.
IotaNet
MVP

I listened to Nagy's presser. He was pretty vague when pressed for specifics on the injury and characterized his status as "day to day." When asked specifically about Mitch needing surgery, he flatly denied that possibility. He also spent time singing the praises of Chase Daniel.

Afterwards, Bernstein, McKnight, and Anthony Herron all seemed to feel pretty strongly that Trubisky wouldn't be playing Thursday.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

I wonder if he sprained his AC joint...

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I really hope Mitch is ok. I have none of the faith in Daniels that some of you do. Lions are good enough to beat anyone and it's in Detroit. And they just showed a graphic on Sunday about Mitch being the first QB in ages to start 22 consecutive games for the Bears. Hoping Mitch can play Thursday.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

I guess if Daniels does start we'll get to see if he's worth all the $$$$ they're paying him.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I’m feeling very meatball about this defense right now. I think Vic knows tendencies now and the lions d will be guessing at what chase is doing.

Bears 16
Lions 13

Old school bears lions with bears playing ball control and Stanford throwing picks when he’s not getting sacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
IotaNet
MVP

crueltyabc wrote:I’m feeling very meatball about this defense right now. I think Vic knows tendencies now and the lions d will be guessing at what chase is doing.

Bears 16
Lions 13

Old school bears lions with bears playing ball control and Stanford throwing picks when he’s not getting sacked
You nailed my feelings exactly. I foresee an ugly, scrum-filled, borderline unwatchable game where we squeak out a win and everybody is grumbling except Bears fans.

... and I'll happily take it.

- Colin Powell
GSH
MVP

If Chase DOES go in and lights up the Lions at home, may as well crown pace with GM of the year on thanksgiving.
Umbali
MVP

Chase had one preseason game if I remember correctly where he was very sharp and lit it up. If its close to being a lingering issue then we rest him and let Chase go and that might be a good time to really get Howard on track.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
donkeykong
Player of the Month

Umbali wrote:Chase had one preseason game if I remember correctly where he was very sharp and lit it up. If its close to being a lingering issue then we rest him and let Chase go and that might be a good time to really get Howard on track.
I believe that was the KC game! They had all their starters playing and we had 2nd string going.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I wonder if he sprained his AC joint...
Let's hope not. I am sure they have great doctors but they can be tricky and take a long time to heal. They are often misdiagnosed too. For other positions you can get by with it, and you can throw with it, that motion especially at the release point and windup is uncomfortable.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I have a feeling he starts to see how it feels and if the line protects him like they have been he should be ok. Only scary thing for me is this is basically the Lions Superbowl every year so they usually play pretty well.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:Chase had one preseason game if I remember correctly where he was very sharp and lit it up. If its close to being a lingering issue then we rest him and let Chase go and that might be a good time to really get Howard on track.

I remember that game. Chase lit it up for two quarters. Shredding the Chiefs defense.

Chase knows this offense better than Biscuits does. He doesn't have the ceiling of Mitch, but he is serviceable in the Nagy offense, because he knows where to go with the football, and he can read defenses.

If Chase has to play Thursday, it wouldn't be a disaster. I think that the defense would take it upon themselves to take the game over. We would still win by two TD's, 24-10, and the D would have one score, and a +3 TO margin.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm torn between wanting Mitch to be out there getting the experience... but if there's a sliver of worry that he can worsen his injury I say sit him for Chase.