View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
 Post subject: The Home Stretch -- 8-4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 pm 
Hall of Famer

It seems like just yesterday we were dropping our loads all over our computers when we found out Ryan Pace fleeced the Raiders for Khalil Mack (all of us except WAB of course). That was three months ago and twelve games. Prior to that we were predicting a good season, but even the most optimistic BFO'er was 10-6 at the most, and 2nd place in the NFC North.

Well here we are boys. We are 8-4, in complete control of the division. The Packers are imploding, and we are headed into the last four games of the season. I think if, back in July, someone would have said we would be 8-4, with control of the NFCN, we would have taken it. For all the bitching and moaning that has gone on about losing to the Giants...we're in pretty good shape.

So for the final four games. For the Bears to finish 11-5.

1. Who is the offensive impact player of the last four games?
2. Eddie Jackson was the undisputed king of the 3rd quarter. Who's the hero in the 4th?
3. Which game do we lose to bring us to 5 losses?

This is the home stretch. All of the belly aching aside, this has been a season full of hope and promise. With the anticipation of even better things on the horizon. Enjoy the ride boys! Bears are in first place in December...and the Packers are flailing. Life is GOOD!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm 
Head Coach

1. Mitchell Trubisky. We've seen what happens to the offense when he's not playing.
2. Hicks or Mack. Both have stepped up and made plays multiple times in the 4th.
3. Probably Rams. Though I think we can go 3-1 unless Nagy rests starters week 17.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm 
Hall of Famer

1. Mitchell Trubisky. I'm of the opinion if he played yesterday we would have won. I also think his absence is going to make the city and the league know what a positive difference-maker he is for us.

2. Khalil Mack. He's going to turn it up another level because he knows the playoffs are within striking distance.

3. This is tough, but I am going to say Rams. Hope I'm wrong.

In other news, I was told our "magic number" is 3; anyone else hear that/is that number accurate?

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:07 pm 
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
1. Mitchell Trubisky. I'm of the opinion if he played yesterday we would have won. I also think his absence is going to make the city and the league know what a positive difference-maker he is for us.

2. Khalil Mack. He's going to turn it up another level because he knows the playoffs are within striking distance.

3. This is tough, but I am going to say Rams. Hope I'm wrong.

In other news, I was told our "magic number" is 3; anyone else hear that/is that number accurate?

Yes. That sounds right. There are four games left, and we are 1.5 games ahead of the Vikings. Any combination of wins by the Bears or losses by the Queens, equalling 3, should give us the NFC North title.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 pm 
Head Coach

Easy answers aren't for me.

1. Allen Robinson. He hurt his knee in game 1 of last year. He's more stable and confident on that knee now than he was in September. That highlight reel catch in the Giants game was a thing of beauty. He knows he's the best target on this team, has the size to manhandle defenders and it's his first chance to be on a playoff team. His focus will be sharp.

Trubisky is the obvious answer. But good defenses will continue trying to make him do what he doesn't like to do. He'll make plays, but he'll still have those head scratchers. Just because he's clearly better than a guy who's had 4 starts in 7 years doesn't make him a superstar. Not yet, anyway. And teams have to be trying to figure out what to do with Cohen. The extra eyes on him will open things up more for ARob, Burton and Shaheen. Gabriel has to start wearing down. His small frame has taken a lot of punishment.

2. Roquan Smith. Why can't he do what Alec Ogletree did against us last Sunday? He has continued to grow and shows his speed all over the place. He also imparts violence upon ball carriers. It's not such a stretch to see him sack the QB and add the strip move. Or knock the ball out with one if his big hits. Or get out in front of the check down guy when the rush is getting there, snag it and take it to the house. Smith is poised with a touch more understanding and anticipation to turn some solid plays into monster turnovers.

Of course, everyone will say Mack. But DCs certainly know that and he will continue to make plays. I feel like Hicks could be in for a bit of a lull and he's nursing an achilles. I'd love to say Floyd, but he does everything pretty well outside of get to the QB. Don't sleep on Kyle Fuller, Bryce Callahan or Danny Travathan, either.

3. The Vikings. The 11-4 Bears go up to Minnesota with nothing to play for and rest guys, while the Vikings desperately scratch and claw for a playoff spot.

OK, the Rams are such an obvious choice. But if we beat them who doesn't see us taking out the flailing Packers at home and the hapless 49ers?

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am 
Crafty Veteran

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
It seems like just yesterday we were dropping our loads all over our computers when we found out Ryan Pace fleeced the Raiders for Khalil Mack (all of us except WAB of course). That was three months ago and twelve games. Prior to that we were predicting a good season, but even the most optimistic BFO'er was 10-6 at the most, and 2nd place in the NFC North.

Well here we are boys. We are 8-4, in complete control of the division. The Packers are imploding, and we are headed into the last four games of the season. I think if, back in July, someone would have said we would be 8-4, with control of the NFCN, we would have taken it. For all the bitching and moaning that has gone on about losing to the Giants...we're in pretty good shape.

So for the final four games. For the Bears to finish 11-5.

1. Who is the offensive impact player of the last four games?
2. Eddie Jackson was the undisputed king of the 3rd quarter. Who's the hero in the 4th?
3. Which game do we lose to bring us to 5 losses?

This is the home stretch. All of the belly aching aside, this has been a season full of hope and promise. With the anticipation of even better things on the horizon. Enjoy the ride boys! Bears are in first place in December...and the Packers are flailing. Life is GOOD!

1. Biscuit. My guy Anthony Miller in second. Miller is breaking out. Biscuit returns on Sunday against the Rams which is a team who gave up 51 points to a team (Chiefs) with a very similar offense. I doubt the Bears give up 54. He puts up a great performance against the Rams, Packers, 49ers and Vikings.
2. Mack is due for a couple more Khalil Mack Games. I think we see at least one.
3. All of the remaining games are winnable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:53 am 
Head Coach

1. True Biscuits. He comes back and absolutely reminds us what we've been missing. We all cringe as he uses his legs but that extra bit of dynamism opens up the offence for the wins.

2. Kyle Fuller. He's, weirdly, flying under the radar a little bit. Joint 2nd in interceptions, one off 1st. Leads the league with 18 passes defended. Plus he's dropped a couple, which is obviously bad, but not as bad as not being in the right place in the first place.

3. I'm clinging onto my 12-4 prediction!

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am 
Mod

1 - Biscuit is the obvious answer, and it'll probably be him, but I'm going with Cohen. Sunday was just a drop in the bucket in regards to what that kid can do.

2 - I think it's still Jackson. He's been an impact player all season, and I see no reason for it to stop. Again, Mack is an easy answer.

3 - I think the Bears win out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 am 
Practice Squad

Team needs to find a way to get 2 wins, w/only 1 that would be considered a given, SF.

Need to beat SF, and then find a way to actually beat Rogers and GB or LA. I don't think they can beat the Vikes at their home.

If Gurly has a Barkley day I don't think they can beat LA either. So really it's SF and GB and hope that the Vikes cannot get to 10 wins.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 am 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
3 - I think the Bears win out.

Where is this confidence coming from and how may I procure some?

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy