WEEK 14 // Bears defeat Rams 15-6

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

EricTighe
MVP

Fowler is a punk ass bitch.

the Bitch is dirty and talks crap all game. Love it when he sparked a fire under Cohen by hitting him and forgetting about the play.

Also, love when Fowler talked crap to Trubisky only to have Big Daddy Hicks come in and make the bitch run away like the bitch he is.

I apologize for the profanity but I don't like him if you can't tell.
UOK
Site Admin

The fans/city of Chicago got the game ball, and Vic Fangio gets to break it down!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G08
Hall of Famer

What a game. This defense is ELITE, fellas. Not to be a debbie downer, but where the fuck was this defense against the Giants??

Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this was without a doubt my favorite win of the year so far

national tv prime time game against the team with the best record and the Bears defense simply manhandles them all night long

the offense didn't do extremely well, but I attribute that at least in part to the Rams defense having something to say about it ... but the Rams defense did not cause Trubs to throw high and wide to open receivers while not under duress ... I was happy hear him take responsibility ... he didn't blame the cold, said his shoulder was fine, but he was just off and he will sit down with Coach Nagy and figure out how to learn from the errors

but that defense ... damn ... it was like a throwback to 1985
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Goff looked way worse than Mitch out there so it wasn't just Mitch. Both are young QBs and how can you expect Mitch to come back looking great after 2 weeks off. It isn't like he's in his 10th year in the league he still hasn't settled down yet. I just find it funny that most Chicago fans will bitch about Mitch when the NFL darling Goff played equally if not worse and nothing's said about that.

I expected Mitch to be raw last night so I picked them to lose because of it... the D just played lights out and kept them in the game. The one TD that Mitch threw had 3 guys around the WR (who was a OLman) and Mitch droped it right in a 3 foot circle of defenders hands. He did enough to win when Goff did everything he could to make the Rams loose, thew 4 picks, most of his passes skipped off the turf.. But, Mitch gets all the scrutinly LOL. This is the SAME Goff that everyone in the NFL has been rubbing it off to all damn year.

One criticizm I can say of Mitch (at this point in his career) is he needs to work on some touch with his passes. He's relying way too much on his arm strength (most young QBs do this) and needs to slow down the velocity especially in the cold to make it easier on his WRs. Especially on a night like last night when there wasn't much wind.

Was a great game and the NFL now knows the Bears are back for real. They beat the best team in the league without a good performance by the offense. If both are playing at the same level then they can beat anyone in the league any Sunday. This was the biggest game since the 80s for me personally as a fan. Even more so than the last superbowl they were in. This team is built for success and they just took the first step that hopefully starts consistant winning for a long time to come. Not just a fluke this is for real. Buckle up because this just got real.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
wab
Mod

wab wrote:I want the Bears to win this one so bad. And I know that I said I think the Bears win out in another thread...but that's not the prediction thread.

I think this is going to be similar to the Cowboys/Saints game. A weird low(ish) scoring affair.

Rams 19
Bears 13
I was sort of right, and happy to be wrong.
LacertineForest
MVP

What can I say that hasn't already been said? The defensive performance was downright menacing. A true joy to watch. The offense...not so much, but most of that was on Mitch. It's a great thing when your team still beats one of the best in the league while the quarterback pretty much shits the bed. Looking forward to a big rebound game from him against the Packers next week.

Until then, I'm really enjoying everything about this team right now - they're so much fun to watch, and for the first time in what seems like forever, they look destined for the playoffs.
ZiggyXT
Practice Squad

Best thing about that game for me was looking at my buddy after the game was over and saying " Wow, that game wasn't even as close as the score looked." They completely bullied what a lot of talking heads called the best team in the league and it was spectacular to watch lol.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Not that Power Rankings mean anything. But 4 of 7 teams ahead of the Bears lost yesterday. Rams, Pats, Steelers and Texans. It's possible the Bears end up in the top 5. Not bad for starting out in the mid-20's to start the season.

Dammit this team is fun to watch. As much fun as this team is. I keep thinking about next year, and what Nagy is going to draw up after a year with all of his pieces.
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:What a game. This defense is ELITE, fellas. Not to be a debbie downer, but where the fuck was this defense against the Giants??

Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.

We’ll have to wait as see what’s going on with TRU. I don’t think this game is any indication of him regressing. This is what I believe happened last night, his shoulder is still a bit tight and he slightly changed his throwing motion to compensate. You’re correct about his hip follow but it’s rooting from his lead foot. Put both of those together and you’re going to be off target and have some sailers. At least we got a more in depth injury update. Partial dislocation with major swelling and stiffness.

The bears offense will have to get back into their pre Trubisky injury form and rhythm if they want to have a deep playoff run. Which I’ve been saying all along, they can. They can and will compete with the best teams in this league. The only thing that sets top teams apart is execution and limiting mistakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Funkster on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Knuckles wrote:Was a great game and the NFL now knows the Bears are back for real. They beat the best team in the league without a good performance by the offense.

that is the eye opener - the Bears beat the best team in the league without having a fully functional offense participating

what offense there was included a very fun to watch TD : 6 O-Linemen, 4 D-Linemen, 1 QB ... and it was a play action to a DT followed by a TD pass to an OT on a play named 'Santa's Sleigh'

the Bears are winning and seem to be having a lot of fun doing it
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:At least we got a more in depth injury update. Partial dislocation with major swelling and stiffness.
Wait, what? When did they disclose this?
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
Funkster wrote:At least we got a more in depth injury update. Partial dislocation with major swelling and stiffness.
Wait, what? When did they disclose this?
Pregame while he was warming up.
G08
Hall of Famer

Oof... missed that. Glad he's alright!
Stay_Cool
MVP

So my bad for the slow start guys, Bears turned it around once Waffles donned the jersey. I know, I know... "you had one job" and all... blah blah blah, yah bastards

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
Stay_Cool
MVP

EricTighe wrote:Fowler is a punk ass bitch.

the Bitch is dirty and talks crap all game. Love it when he sparked a fire under Cohen by hitting him and forgetting about the play.

Also, love when Fowler talked crap to Trubisky only to have Big Daddy Hicks come in and make the bitch run away like the bitch he is.

I apologize for the profanity but I don't like him if you can't tell.
Make no mistake... Hicks would probably rip Fowler in half. I'm not even exaggerating, I think that might be the actual outcome

Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
G08
Hall of Famer

Stay_Cool wrote:So my bad for the slow start guys, Bears turned it around once Waffles donned the jersey. I know, I know... "you had one job" and all... blah blah blah, yah bastards

Yeah I'm taking credit for this :)
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.
Jim Miller talked about this on the postgame show. He explained how Trubisky didn't appear to 'pronate' his wrist fully on his follow through, which is necessary to get the ball to arc downwards over the linebacker. Consequently the ball kept flying straight instead of dipping, sailing over the receiver and into the welcoming hands of the DB.

Hopefully this is just an issue with technique that Nagy and Ragone can sort out without too much difficulty rather than anything relating to Trubisky's shoulder injury.
G08
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:
G08 wrote:Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.
Jim Miller talked about this on the postgame show. He explained how Trubisky didn't appear to 'pronate' his wrist fully on his follow through, which is necessary to get the ball to arc downwards over the linebacker. Consequently the ball kept flying straight instead of dipping, sailing over the receiver and into the welcoming hands of the DB.

Hopefully this is just an issue with technique that Nagy and Ragone can sort out without too much difficulty rather than anything relating to Trubisky's shoulder injury.
Good stuff, that makes me feel better.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

There aren't enough superlatives for the defense yesterday!
On Trubisky… Obviously the big question of the day...
I hear a lot of people using the word "regressed". I don't like that word and don't think it applies here. Regression is a pattern and what we have is one bad game after a shoulder injury. Let's not sugar coat it either. It was bad. His errors didn't occur under massive pressure either, unlike what Goff was facing. That said, based on hearing what Biscuit said in the post game, I think this is one of those learning experiences for him. He said he was trying to do too much and that's how it looked to me. Easy to see how after a frustrating 2 weeks off with the team losing a game they should've won and against the team with the best record in the NFL, he came in with pressure on himself to win the game. And he just pushed his limit too far, trying to throw guys open who weren't. He just needs to settle down and do his job and I'm sure the coach will impress that upon him this week. That's my take.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

I'll buy this. I think Biscuits was all amped up yesterday, and lost some of his mechanics. We have all seen him nail the throws that he missed yesterday. Given his overall progression from week one to now, I am 100% confident that this is fixable and that Nagy's got it under control.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

I'll buy this. I think Biscuits was all amped up yesterday, and lost some of his mechanics. We have all seen him nail the throws that he missed yesterday. Given his overall progression from week one to now, I am 100% confident that this is fixable and that Nagy's got it under control.
I heard them say in pre-game coverage that he wasn't allowed to throw a ball for 10 days. That would impact anybody regardless of their profession if they had to go 10 days without practicing.

Let's see how he does against the Packers and 49'ers.
Funkster
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

I heard them say in pre-game coverage that he wasn't allowed to throw a ball for 10 days. That would impact anybody regardless of their profession if they had to go 10 days without practicing.

Let's see how he does against the Packers and 49'ers.
Exactly!

I don’t think he was amped up, he actually looked frustrated that he couldn’t throw the ball like he’s used to.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
MoFugger
Head Coach

The kid had a case of the yips. It's completely understandable given the situation.
The talk about regression is ridiculous. He is in his second year, in a big game against a really good team, at home, on Sunday Night football. And he missed the last two games.
I can understand pessimism to a point. Look for crying out loud, after last night I'm convinced this is it legit playoff team. And this season has been the most fun that this bear fan has had in quite a while.
biscuit is going to be fine, the Bears are going to be good for years to come, and we all need to retrain ourselves to not expect the worst.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

23 NFL starts + 13 college starts = about 10 starts LESS than Pat Mahomes had BEFORE he got to the NFL.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:The kid had a case of the yips. It's completely understandable given the situation.
The talk about regression is ridiculous. He is in his second year, in a big game against a really good team, at home, on Sunday Night football. And he missed the last two games.
I can understand pessimism to a point. Look for crying out loud, after last night I'm convinced this is it legit playoff team. And this season has been the most fun that this bear fan has had in quite a while.
biscuit is going to be fine, the Bears are going to be good for years to come, and we all need to retrain ourselves to not expect the worst.
Bears are good again and MoFugg is the positive voice of reason!? I must be in heaven :lol:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

OK. This is a DREAM scenario. Clinch the NFC North, at home, against the struggling Packers. OH MAN! That would be awesome.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:OK. This is a DREAM scenario. Clinch the NFC North, at home, against the struggling Packers. OH MAN! That would be awesome.
Keeping with the 2015 Cubs theme... in my mind this is the Cubs knocking the Cardinals out of the NLDS, I want the fucking same here with the Bears ending the Packers' season WHILE clinching the NFC North AND punching our ticket to the playoffs

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:OK. This is a DREAM scenario. Clinch the NFC North, at home, against the struggling Packers. OH MAN! That would be awesome.
Keeping with the 2015 Cubs theme... in my mind this is the Cubs knocking the Cardinals out of the NLDS, I want the fucking same here with the Bears ending the Packers' season WHILE clinching the NFC North AND punching our ticket to the playoffs

Nagy is going to have them all amped up to do it in front of the Chicago fans at home.