WEEK 14 // Bears defeat Rams 15-6

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Funkster
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:It's reality, the bears are not as good as the rams. Maybe home field advantage, and the cold will help. Realistically they are in different tiers.

Rams 34
Bears 20
Their defense gives up 27 PPG. They’ve been in some close battles. They had close games against:
Vikings 31-38
Seahawks 31-33 / 31-36
Broncos 20-23
Pukers 27-29
Chiefs 51-54

The toughest defenses they’v beaten in points allowed were the hawks 21.6, Vikings 22.5. They lost to the saints who are averaging 22.4 points allowed per game. The saints have the ability to generate points on offense, much like the bears. The only difference I see is the bears only allow 20 points per game and can put serious pressure on opposing QB’s and generate points off of turnovers. But can they do it for 4 quarters? I do think the rams are an overall better team, but I feel the bears have the right tools to match up well with them. I don’t think their in a different tier. Mack will have to earn his money this game and step up big time. This also should be fun seeing two young innovative HC’s play chess.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
LacertineForest
MVP

Bears show they're for legit SB contenders this week with a victory at home. I believe the team's preparation will be excellent and focused. The Rams D makes big plays, but still allows a lot of point, and I think the Bears will exploit that.

Bears 29
Rams 27
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Trubisky will play lights out at home. Howard bangs it up the middle early and often leaving the Rams defense exhausted. The Rams and Goff will play well, but too many fumbles from slippery conditions will be the difference.

Bears: 38
Rams: 31
G08
Hall of Famer

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I do think we have a puncher's chance if a lot of things break our way. We HAVE to stop their run, everything is predicated off that and my God do they love throwing fucking corner routes (based on the limited "film" I watched of them). You shut that part of them down and get a lead on them, I do think we can have our pass rushers tee off on them. Also, Fuller and Amukamara have to ball out, and Eddie Jackson is going to have to make Goff pay for any errant throws that he commits.

Can Roquan shut down Gurley in the passing game? So many questions and at minimum the chess match I hope is going to be fun.

Offensively... draw a huge red circle around Aaron Donald. Move the pocket, quick hitters, screens, slants, get the ball out fast. We HAVE to find a fucking way to get the run game going. Donald punctures the pocket so quickly that if you can off-set that with a missed tackle you can gash them in the run game. Will Nagy stick to it, though?

The Rams have some quality corners so we are going to have to win our matchups... is this the game where we see more Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen? I wouldn't hate coming out in 12 personnel to establish the run and then build off the play action game (haven't seen that yet this year).

Should be a blast, I hope.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I do think we have a puncher's chance if a lot of things break our way. We HAVE to stop their run, everything is predicated off that and my God do they love throwing fucking corner routes (based on the limited "film" I watched of them). You shut that part of them down and get a lead on them, I do think we can have our pass rushers tee off on them. Also, Fuller and Amukamara have to ball out, and Eddie Jackson is going to have to make Goff pay for any errant throws that he commits.

Can Roquan shut down Gurley in the passing game? So many questions and at minimum the chess match I hope is going to be fun.

Offensively... draw a huge red circle around Aaron Donald. Move the pocket, quick hitters, screens, slants, get the ball out fast. We HAVE to find a fucking way to get the run game going. Donald punctures the pocket so quickly that if you can off-set that with a missed tackle you can gash them in the run game. Will Nagy stick to it, though?

The Rams have some quality corners so we are going to have to win our matchups... is this the game where we see more Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen? I wouldn't hate coming out in 12 personnel to establish the run and then build off the play action game (haven't seen that yet this year).

I just want a good game that's fun to watch.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I do think we have a puncher's chance if a lot of things break our way. We HAVE to stop their run, everything is predicated off that and my God do they love throwing fucking corner routes (based on the limited "film" I watched of them). You shut that part of them down and get a lead on them, I do think we can have our pass rushers tee off on them. Also, Fuller and Amukamara have to ball out, and Eddie Jackson is going to have to make Goff pay for any errant throws that he commits.

I can't stomach a good game that's fun to watch which ends with an L for us my dude
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

I can't stomach a good game that's fun to watch which ends with an L for us my dude
I can if I go in expecting a L 8-)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Any word on if Biscuits practiced today?
Pagan
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Any word on if Biscuits practiced today?
Yes Mitch practiced today & sounded Very confident that he'd be playing this Sunday.

No mention so far as to how the practice went for him.
Umbali
MVP

I am going to go with the Bears in the upset. I think the Rams are the better team atm , however the better team doesnt alway win. I look for a low scoring affair, and hopefully come out of it healthy.

Bears 20
Rams 17

Funny that in this day and age 20 to 17 is a low scoring affair lmao
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
GSH
MVP

bears 24
rams 17
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I view a Bears victory over the Rams on the same plane as a Giants victory over the Bears. Sure ain't team could win, but we all know who the better team is.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Jake Taylor : [Jake stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Roger Dorn : What's that?

Jake Taylor : Win the whole fucking thing.

Biscuit returns and officially enters Chicago Sports Lore with an outstanding performance. Donald can be managed. Hiestand can gameplan for him. Marcus Peters can't cover everyone. The Rams gave up a shit load of points to the Chiefs who run a similar offense. Our defense is better than the Chiefs and I think we get another Khalil Mack Game.

Bears 31
Rams 23
malk
Head Coach

I'm torn between us losing a shootout something like 31-38 or the defence balling out and us winning a squeaker 24-23.

Gotta stick with 12-4 so the squeaker it is.

Bears 24, Rams 23.

Malk has a stroke, make of that what you will.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Rams get 3 TD's and 3 FG's.
Bears get 4 TD's and 1 FG to win
31-30 Bears
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Ormazd
MVP

Rams 30
Bears 23
Pagan
MVP

~Bears @ home vs the LA Rams!~

This is going to be an early Christmas gift/Playoff game!!!

In my last (Challenge riddled prediction game) the defense played VERY well but somehow did NOT have the pressure/Sacks that they should have against that suspect Giants Oline.

Everything works when this defense works the way its supposed to AND the offense scores a few points early.

Both of these things didn't happen & thus the result was the only possibke result.

This week I see these 2 problems being corrected due to Mitch being back & the Bears Defense treating this game
like a playoff game!

There's a GREAT chance that this game winds up being a blow out.

But for who?
.. Whom??

But..for which team???

The Rams have a "K. Mack" of their own in A. Donald & the Bears have a Whitman.. Who's been extremely streaky.

If the Bears do NOT have an answer for Donald the Rams are going to win this game by 14+ points in 2nd half points.

Mitch is back though... & he's extremely slippery in the pocket & very hard to catch.

If Donald has a bunch of pressures there's an equal chance that Mitch makes big throws downfield or picks up 1st downs on the run.

My Pagan Prediction:
Bears Defense=
This is going to be a WAY over hyped Donald/Mack game that settles the DPOY award argument.

An argument that Mack settles.
Mack: 3 Sacks, 1 (strip sack) FF, & tons of QB pressures
Jackson: Pick 6
Hicks: 2 Sacks 3 TFL & 1 play as a FB on a Goaline play :)
Callahan: 1 Sack, 1INT

This is a game (remarkably) that the refs ACTUALLY call holding calls against the opponents Oline!

Bears Offense=

Mich is Back!
3 Passing TD & 1 Rush TD
300/50

J.Howard: 22 carries 100+ yards
1 TD *(With Hicks (FB) leading the way!)*

Miller: 80 yards 1 TD
T. Cohen : 200 yards of total offense 1 TD
Shaheen: 1TD

Bears: 37

Rams: 20

Several Bears player's stay on the field for the fans (& media interviews)

City spend the next week going absolutely NUTS!
mohner1
Practice Squad

I might be the only one that think Mitch is going to come out flat. Big struggles the 1st half, defense, and better QB play in the second half makes it closer.

Rams - 28
Bears - 24
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”
WagonForce
MVP

I'm going to go against the gain a bit here. Bears win in stunning fashion:

Bears 40
Rams 21
EricTighe
MVP

Bears 38
Lambs 35
Funkster
MVP

mohner1 wrote:I might be the only one that think Mitch is going to come out flat.

I’m right there with you. I don’t see how he can come out hot after a 2 week vacation. Maybe they get him into a rhythm with the short passing game? Bubbles and screens could be what’s drawn up for the first few drives.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
sloramfan
Rookie

hey bears fans..

i had a little trouble registering... listed ditka as the last SB coach(totally forgot about our old DC lovie..lol)..

as far as the game, the rams are 5-1 against possible playoff bound teams, but this one has playoff atmosphere written all over it..

im obviously hoping for a nice relaxing ram blowout, but i have a feeling this will be another playoff caliber team nailbiter, with the expectation of a later showdown..

no final score for me, however, i think if the rams win, they win by 4.. and our usual late game heroics by someone,saves the day..

go rams

slo
Knuckles
Player of the Month

As much as I want the Bears to win this game with Mitch coming back from 2 weeks off I just don't see them being able to keep up with the Rams. I hope they prove me wrong.

Bears < 27 vs 34 > Rams
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
mohner1
Practice Squad

mohner1 wrote:
I might be the only one that think Mitch is going to come out flat.

I’m right there with you. I don’t see how he can come out hot after a 2 week vacation. Maybe they get him into a rhythm with the short passing game? Bubbles and screens could be what’s drawn up for the first few drives.
You know though, if they script a good chunk of plays for the 1st couple drives and it works, that could build some confidence and get him in a rhythm. Gotta limit Donald though those drives. I'm afraid if he starts getting pressure, Mitch is gonna be runnin.....
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

sloramfan wrote:hey bears fans..

i had a little trouble registering... listed ditka as the last SB coach(totally forgot about our old DC lovie..lol)..

as far as the game, the rams are 5-1 against possible playoff bound teams, but this one has playoff atmosphere written all over it..

im obviously hoping for a nice relaxing ram blowout, but i have a feeling this will be another playoff caliber team nailbiter, with the expectation of a later showdown..

no final score for me, however, i think if the rams win, they win by 4.. and our usual late game heroics by someone,saves the day..

go rams

slo
Hey slo. Thanks for popping in. We are a mixed bag around here. A lot of us think the Bears can win this game, and another half think that this will be a Rams win. One thing is for sure, I don't think the Rams have faced a defense as complete as the Bears. Maybe the Vikings, but they weren't playing that well when you faced them. The other thing in our favor is that Goff's passer rating is 30pts lower on the road. We'll see. It'll be a really good game, but I think the Bears lose this one at home by a TD. You guys have a hell of a team this year.

Go Bears.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I said in another post that we could beat the Rams. We're only 3-4 point dogs. We're at home and indications are that Biscuit will be back. There are even hints that he could've played last week, but was held out in order to be fresher against a higher quality opponent this week. Personally, when I've seen the Rams play, they're good, but don't seem to be quite as overwhelming as their record indicates. I will say that I think that Barkley going off on us--and us losing to the lowly Giants in general--is a wake up call, even though we're only now 3-3 on the road. (And 5-1 at home.) Their defense, even though they have some stars, just isn't that great statistically. And while Biscuit and our offense experiences significant down stretches against good defenses, it looks like there won't be much of that in this game. If we score on defense, we win this game.

But on the other side of the coin, the Rams are also 5-1... on the road. They're a lot like us on offense... young QB... deep WR corps... but then there's Gurley. Howard and Cohen are nice, but there's no arguing that Gurley is the better RB situation, particularly with Howard's production fall off this year. And Goff is a bit more polished than Trubisky. Our D is better than theirs, but with the exception of playing in the Mile High thin air they've wrecked every defense they've faced. And with the way our D has played in the 4th quarter and the end of halves, they are a daunting opponent.

This game looks like a track meet waiting to happen. For us to win, our defense will have to stop Gurley--and I think they'll do a good job on that front. But they'll also have to show a pass defense that is clearly better than any they've faced. That seems plausible, but the way we've played late in halves and during some odd stretches... raises a question. The pass rush absolutely must put fear into Goff's heart and lead to TO's. Winning the TO battle is a must. Biscuit also must come out hitting on all cylinders and avoid the perplexing head scratchers. But that's asking a lot.

I think we can win and won't be surprised if we do. But I don't trust our defense enough to stifle the Rams final possession in the last 2:00.

Rams 34
Bears 31

Edit... After a little research, I'm changing my prediction.

Goff is a noticeably different player on the road. He grew up around SF and now lives in LA. The Rams haven't played a game in anywhere close to cold weather this year. Nor have they had any cold weather practices, unless they've come to Chicago early. To play your first cold game this year in sub-freezing weather against the best defense you've seen all year is just a bad matchup for them. Bears will focus on stopping Gurley and make Goff beat them. He'll come close, but he'll yield enough TOs for us to walk away the victors.

Bears 31
Rams 27

How quickly the Giants game is forgotten.
Last edited by Mikefive on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:~Bears @ home vs the LA Rams!~

This is going to be an early Christmas gift/Playoff game!!!

In my last (Challenge riddled prediction game) the defense played VERY well but somehow did NOT have the pressure/Sacks that they should have against that suspect Giants Oline.

Everything works when this defense works the way its supposed to AND the offense scores a few points early.

Both of these things didn't happen & thus the result was the only possibke result.

This week I see these 2 problems being corrected due to Mitch being back & the Bears Defense treating this game
like a playoff game!

There's a GREAT chance that this game winds up being a blow out.

But for who?
.. Whom??

But..for which team???

The Rams have a "K. Mack" of their own in A. Donald & the Bears have a Whitman.. Who's been extremely streaky.

If the Bears do NOT have an answer for Donald the Rams are going to win this game by 14+ points in 2nd half points.

Mitch is back though... & he's extremely slippery in the pocket & very hard to catch.

If Donald has a bunch of pressures there's an equal chance that Mitch makes big throws downfield or picks up 1st downs on the run.

My Pagan Prediction:
Bears Defense=
This is going to be a WAY over hyped Donald/Mack game that settles the DPOY award argument.

An argument that Mack settles.
Mack: 3 Sacks, 1 (strip sack) FF, & tons of QB pressures
Jackson: Pick 6
Hicks: 2 Sacks 3 TFL & 1 play as a FB on a Goaline play :)
Callahan: 1 Sack, 1INT

This is a game (remarkably) that the refs ACTUALLY call holding calls against the opponents Oline!

Bears Offense=

Mich is Back!
3 Passing TD & 1 Rush TD
300/50

J.Howard: 22 carries 100+ yards
1 TD *(With Hicks (FB) leading the way!)*

Miller: 80 yards 1 TD
T. Cohen : 200 yards of total offense 1 TD
Shaheen: 1TD

Bears: 37

Rams: 20

Several Bears player's stay on the field for the fans (& media interviews)

City spend the next week going absolutely NUTS!
That writeup you did was awesome.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

On TNF Aikman just said that the league is looking to target holding along the OL. Does that mean that refs my finally start calling holds on Hicks and Mack? That would be nice.
GSH
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:On TNF Aikman just said that the league is looking to target holding along the OL. Does that mean that refs my finally start calling holds on Hicks and Mack? That would be nice.
the REAL reason Mccarthy quit green bay
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:On TNF Aikman just said that the league is looking to target holding along the OL. Does that mean that refs my finally start calling holds on Hicks and Mack? That would be nice.
the REAL reason Mccarthy quit green bay
:rofl: :thumbsup: No shit no lie man. That was the first thing I thought of.