View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm 
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
It's reality, the bears are not as good as the rams. Maybe home field advantage, and the cold will help. Realistically they are in different tiers.

Rams 34
Bears 20

Their defense gives up 27 PPG. They’ve been in some close battles. They had close games against:
Vikings 31-38
Seahawks 31-33 / 31-36
Broncos 20-23
Pukers 27-29
Chiefs 51-54

The toughest defenses they’v beaten in points allowed were the hawks 21.6, Vikings 22.5. They lost to the saints who are averaging 22.4 points allowed per game. The saints have the ability to generate points on offense, much like the bears. The only difference I see is the bears only allow 20 points per game and can put serious pressure on opposing QB’s and generate points off of turnovers. But can they do it for 4 quarters? I do think the rams are an overall better team, but I feel the bears have the right tools to match up well with them. I don’t think their in a different tier. Mack will have to earn his money this game and step up big time. This also should be fun seeing two young innovative HC’s play chess.

#believethesleeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 pm 
Assistant Coach

Bears show they're for legit SB contenders this week with a victory at home. I believe the team's preparation will be excellent and focused. The Rams D makes big plays, but still allows a lot of point, and I think the Bears will exploit that.

Bears 29
Rams 27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:22 pm 
Practice Squad

Trubisky will play lights out at home. Howard bangs it up the middle early and often leaving the Rams defense exhausted. The Rams and Goff will play well, but too many fumbles from slippery conditions will be the difference.

Bears: 38
Rams: 31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:54 pm 
Hall of Famer

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I do think we have a puncher's chance if a lot of things break our way. We HAVE to stop their run, everything is predicated off that and my God do they love throwing fucking corner routes (based on the limited "film" I watched of them). You shut that part of them down and get a lead on them, I do think we can have our pass rushers tee off on them. Also, Fuller and Amukamara have to ball out, and Eddie Jackson is going to have to make Goff pay for any errant throws that he commits.

Can Roquan shut down Gurley in the passing game? So many questions and at minimum the chess match I hope is going to be fun.

Offensively... draw a huge red circle around Aaron Donald. Move the pocket, quick hitters, screens, slants, get the ball out fast. We HAVE to find a fucking way to get the run game going. Donald punctures the pocket so quickly that if you can off-set that with a missed tackle you can gash them in the run game. Will Nagy stick to it, though?

The Rams have some quality corners so we are going to have to win our matchups... is this the game where we see more Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen? I wouldn't hate coming out in 12 personnel to establish the run and then build off the play action game (haven't seen that yet this year).

Should be a blast, I hope.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:12 pm 
Mod

G08 wrote:
Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I do think we have a puncher's chance if a lot of things break our way. We HAVE to stop their run, everything is predicated off that and my God do they love throwing fucking corner routes (based on the limited "film" I watched of them). You shut that part of them down and get a lead on them, I do think we can have our pass rushers tee off on them. Also, Fuller and Amukamara have to ball out, and Eddie Jackson is going to have to make Goff pay for any errant throws that he commits.

Can Roquan shut down Gurley in the passing game? So many questions and at minimum the chess match I hope is going to be fun.

Offensively... draw a huge red circle around Aaron Donald. Move the pocket, quick hitters, screens, slants, get the ball out fast. We HAVE to find a fucking way to get the run game going. Donald punctures the pocket so quickly that if you can off-set that with a missed tackle you can gash them in the run game. Will Nagy stick to it, though?

The Rams have some quality corners so we are going to have to win our matchups... is this the game where we see more Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen? I wouldn't hate coming out in 12 personnel to establish the run and then build off the play action game (haven't seen that yet this year).

I just want a good game that's fun to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

I can't stomach a good game that's fun to watch which ends with an L for us my dude

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm 
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

I can't stomach a good game that's fun to watch which ends with an L for us my dude

I can if I go in expecting a L 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm 
Hall of Famer

Any word on if Biscuits practiced today?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:34 pm 
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Any word on if Biscuits practiced today?

Yes Mitch practiced today & sounded Very confident that he'd be playing this Sunday.

No mention so far as to how the practice went for him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:36 pm 
Player of the Month

I am going to go with the Bears in the upset. I think the Rams are the better team atm , however the better team doesnt alway win. I look for a low scoring affair, and hopefully come out of it healthy.

Bears 20
Rams 17

Funny that in this day and age 20 to 17 is a low scoring affair lmao

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next