Can the Bears Actually Secure a Bye?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

No.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

nope
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:
G08 wrote:So we can make the playoffs if:

Bears beat Green Bay (clinch playoff berth)

Redkins lose to Jaguars (clinch playoff berth)

Vikings lose to Seattle and we beat Green Bay (win NFC North)
Yeah, the playoffs magic number is 1. A win or a Josh Johnson led Redskins loss.

The division is 2. Could be 1 if Seattle takes care of bidniss tonight.
So if we win the division, would we get one of the wild card teams at home? What's the projection at this point? Ireally don't want to play the Seahawks. I think they're playing well right now, and will hopefully beat the shit out of the Viqueens tonight.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

Yeah, the playoffs magic number is 1. A win or a Josh Johnson led Redskins loss.

So if we win the division, would we get one of the wild card teams at home? What's the projection at this point? Ireally don't want to play the Seahawks. I think they're playing well right now, and will hopefully beat the shit out of the Viqueens tonight.
Yeah, we’d automatically host a wild card game. As of a couple hours before MNF, we would host the Vikings. As long as we stay in front of the Cowboys we will host the 6 seed.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

Yeah, we’d automatically host a wild card game. As of a couple hours before MNF, we would host the Vikings. As long as we stay in front of the Cowboys we will host the 6 seed.
I want no part of the Vikings. I'm hoping for the Seahawks. Not sure about the Cowboys.
MoFugger
Head Coach

I go back and forth on this. As much as I would love to have home-field, I'm not sure that I want the Bears to have a bye.
obviously, if we get beat up in the next 3 weeks it would be helpful, but I'd prefer to go into the playoffs with a head of steam.
I also don't want to wind up playing the Vikings two weeks in a row so, go Seahawks!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:I go back and forth on this. As much as I would love to have home-field, I'm not sure that I want the Bears to have a bye.
obviously, if we get beat up in the next 3 weeks it would be helpful, but I'd prefer to go into the playoffs with a head of steam.
I also don't want to wind up playing the Vikings two weeks in a row so, go Seahawks!
I don't know. Kirk Cousins is not playing well right now. He has been awful in this game against the Seahawks.
docc
Head Coach

..Hags..punch another in,,
21-0..poor Queens..
G08
Hall of Famer

It's official: If the Chicago Bears defeat the Green Bay Packers this Sunday, we will be NFC North Champions and playoff bound!!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

MN played bad, but got screwed on the FG block that should've been a 15 yard penalty that would've given them 1st down on the 17 with a lot of time left and down 6.

Playing at home I don't care who we face. We can beat MN, Seattle is not the same team on the road, and Panthers are in a free fall.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
MoFugger
Head Coach

G08 wrote:It's official: If the Chicago Bears defeat the Green Bay Packers this Sunday, we will be NFC North Champions and playoff bound!!!
WHEN the Bears defeat the Green Bay Packers.
And enjoy trying to defend Tarik Cohen in the playoffs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:It's official: If the Chicago Bears defeat the Green Bay Packers this Sunday, we will be NFC North Champions and playoff bound!!!
WHEN the Bears defeat the Green Bay Packers.
And enjoy trying to defend Tarik Cohen in the playoffs.
I mean! How fucking perfect would that be? At home, against the Pukers. They are going to want to play spoiler though. Really bad. Fuck 'em. I'm full meatball this week. I've got a 1/2 barrel full of Kool-aid and I'm doing keg stands. I'm all in!

GO BEARS!!!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

And it is going to happen. This is a WHEN not an IF.

We have an opportunity for a KO punch against that fucking franchise that probably wouldn't even have a team if the league started today. This is like throwing The One Ring into the fires of Mount Doom level shit.

Fuck the Packers.
Richie
MVP

Well, the 1st round bye chances became somewhat real again. The Rams are playing pretty poor football the last two weeks and anything could happen.

My issue? I think we lose to San Fran this week. Even if Jackson is healthy.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:Well, the 1st round bye chances became somewhat real again. The Rams are playing pretty poor football the last two weeks and anything could happen.

SF is playing really good football right now, and seem to be inspired behind 3rd stringer Mullens.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Richie wrote:Well, the 1st round bye chances became somewhat real again. The Rams are playing pretty poor football the last two weeks and anything could happen.

SF is playing really good football right now, and seem to be inspired behind 3rd stringer Mullens.
I like that kid in that offense, man...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS