Akiem Hicks: "One day I drank 40 beers"

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

You read that right.

And you can read the rest here
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
docc
Head Coach

UOK
Site Admin

Andre the Giant is unimpressed.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Andre the Giant is unimpressed.
I watched the video you're referring to here about 2 weeks ago. Holy Jeez.......... :o
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer

malk
Head Coach

C'mon people, let's get some personal records out there...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote:Image
Is that a real can, and is that Andre's hand? Holy Jesus!
MoFugger
Head Coach

Child's play. I call that Wednesday.
BR0D1E86
MVP

malk wrote:C'mon people, let's get some personal records out there...
One St Patty’s day in college I drank a beer an hour from when I woke up until midnight. I worked at a coffee shop, and drank Guinness out of a coffee cup while I was at work in the morning.

A friend of mine once had the bright idea to watch all three lord of the rings movies back to back and drink the whole time. No idea what I drank that day, but it was a lot.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
dplank wrote:Image
Is that a real can, and is that Andre's hand? Holy Jesus!
It's real lol...

Bearfacts
MVP

Forty in a day? Probably not if only because I've never been a huge beer drinker but 1.75 ml of booze within 24 hours?

Yeah.....sad to say that I've done more than once then got 1st prize. An extended hospital stay to sober me up so I didn't die from alcohol poisoning or seizures during withdrawal. Trying to commit suicide by alcohol is tough enough to do without people trying to prevent it.

Pretty stupid really and thank God for those who did. Never goin' down that road again.
G08
Hall of Famer

40 in a day would kill me. I think my personal record was in college: tailgated an Iowa game at 6am and didn't stop until 4am the next day. Don't remember much after that :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I have drank a litter of Captin in a night, and a case before. If you start early in the day 40 isn't that impressive, but I don't think that's what he is talking about.
UOK
Site Admin

According to an interview with David Lettermen, Andre the Giant once “quit drinking” to get to a trim 475 pounds. During this period, he would still drank three to five bottles of white wine with dinner. If that passes for Dry January, then count us in.

Over a month long period, while filming The Princess Bride, Andre allegedly rang up a $40,000 bar tab at the Hyatt in London. According to an interview with Cary Elwes in Vanity Fair, Andre’s go-to order was something called an American: 40 ounces of various liquors poured into a pitcher. “I’ve never tasted airplane fuel," Elwes said, "but I imagine it’s very close to what that must taste like. It’s very potent indeed, and I remember coughing a lot. But to him, it was like chugging water.”

Andre once consumed 119 12-oz beers in six hours. To put that in mere mortal terms, that equates to a 12-oz beer downed every three minutes, non-stop, for six hours straight. After the marathon drinking session, Andre (understandably) passed out in a hotel lobby and couldn’t be moved or stirred. His friends resorted to draping him with a piano cover and letting him sleep through the morning.

Hulk Hogan, who traveled extensively with Andre, recounted his own tale of Andre’s drinking prowess while on a trip in Japan. “I went down to this little karaoke bar right down the street from the hotel and I bought a case of Pouilly-Fuissé wine—12 bottles of this very powerful, powerful, strong white French wine,” Hogan said. “We left the hotel about eight in the morning for an eight hour bus ride. About three hours later he shakes the seat. He says, ‘Boss. Boss. I need pit stop.’ Three hours on a bus he drank 12 bottles of wine.”

In his memoir Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All, wrestling star Bobby Heenan shed light on one the most legendary Andre the Giant drinking stories, which took place at the Marriott Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri. While visiting the hotel bar one night, Heenan was approached by the bartender who asked, “Is Andre here with you this time?” Heenan said no. “Oh thank God,” the bartender said. “Last time he was here, I gave him last call and he didn’t want to leave. I told him that I could only stay as long as he was drinking.” According to Heenan, Andre retaliated by ordering 40 Vodka Tonics. “[He] drank them until 4 in morning,” Heenan writes. Now that’s what we call a proper nightcapOne
dplank
Hall of Famer

If anyone hasn't watched the HBO special, I strongly suggest you do. Amazing story.