Buy Lance Briggs' Foreclosed House

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://patch.com/illinois/winnetka/ex- ... ontent=aol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Just goes to show you... Pro football players aren't necessarily smart. :backout:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

A much as I liked him on the field, he is one big dumbass off of it. Dude just cannot get out of his own way. Lives like he made Urlacher money.
Umbali
MVP

Otis Day wrote:A much as I liked him on the field, he is one big dumbass off of it. Dude just cannot get out of his own way. Lives like he made Urlacher money.
lol that is why I always wanted him on the field but never cared much about him. Some players make you love them . Others make you appreciate them . Huge difference
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Funkster
MVP

Otis Day wrote:A much as I liked him on the field, he is one big dumbass off of it. Dude just cannot get out of his own way. Lives like he made Urlacher money.

Briggs made 52 million over his career, that’s not chump change. Wonder if this is strictly a business decision to let the properties go? Or is he really in financial trouble?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
GSH
MVP

Funkster wrote:

Briggs made 52 million over his career, that’s not chump change. Wonder if this is strictly a business decision to let the properties go? Or is he really in financial trouble?
well its being auctioned off in foreclosure. That generally indicates its not a private sale, it means its in default and being sold to recover the banks money against the loan he took on it.
Funkster
MVP

GSH wrote:
Funkster wrote:

well its being auctioned off in foreclosure. That generally indicates its not a private sale, it means its in default and being sold to recover the banks money against the loan he took on it.
Right,but it’s also not unheard of for people to let home goes that they’re upside down on. Especially those who have capital and don’t rely on credit. I just to search of he was in financial trouble and couldn’t find anything. That’s what made me wonder what the story is?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Ormazd
MVP

Funkster wrote:
GSH wrote:
Funkster wrote:

Right,but it’s also not unheard of for people to let home goes that they’re upside down on. Especially those who have capital and don’t rely on credit. I just to search of he was in financial trouble and couldn’t find anything. That’s what made me wonder what the story is?
This seems like a possibility. He bought the places before the housing market cratered, and they're probably worth less than he owes.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

He will probably be stuck for the difference.
GSH
MVP

also no one would let that hit against their credit rating happen when talking about millions. cheaper for him to take the value hit if thats what it indeed was. if he was still liquid, he would ride it out by renting the properties out until the market picked back up. which it has.
G08
Hall of Famer

I always thought Briggs was a Grade-A douche off the field (hell, he comes off as one on TV/radio as well). If he's not crashing Lamborghinis he's opening shitty restaurants.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"