NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:

Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.

I hope they have many more items like Bandersnatch ... I thought it was great

(takes about 3 hours to go through ll possible scenarios)
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
LacertineForest
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:

Most people I talk to say their favorites are "San Junipero" or the Star Trek one, but I really like Metalhead, as well. I can see why some don't like it, but I think it's a very underappreciated episode.

I felt like Bandersnatch was a more interesting experiment than anything. The fragmentation of the story by choosing certain paths and then going back and choosing others made it hard for me to really enjoy the story as a cohesive whole. I love that they did it, though, and I can see some good uses for that type of interactive media.
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:

I HATED that episode!!

G08
Hall of Famer

BearButtseks wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:

Most people I talk to say their favorites are "San Junipero" or the Star Trek one, but I really like Metalhead, as well. I can see why some don't like it, but I think it's a very underappreciated episode.

I felt like Bandersnatch was a more interesting experiment than anything. The fragmentation of the story by choosing certain paths and then going back and choosing others made it hard for me to really enjoy the story as a cohesive whole. I love that they did it, though, and I can see some good uses for that type of interactive media.
Okay explain this to me because I thought it was just awful.

San Junipero was good, my favorite was probably "Hated in the Nation"

LacertineForest
MVP

G08 wrote:
BearButtseks wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:

Okay explain this to me because I thought it was just awful.

San Junipero was good, my favorite was probably "Hated in the Nation"
A lot of why I like it has to do with the aesthetic. It's in black and white, which I thought was a really good choice - it is sort of evocative of older horror movies, while at the same time it's dealing with a very modern/futuristic concept. The robots themselves look a lot like some of those ones created by Boston Dynamics, so it also feels like it could be a very realistic scenario. It's pretty quiet, and I like the tension created during the episode. The plot isn't anything special, but it felt very reminiscent to a Jason/Freddy/Invincible monster movie, which I liked.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The first one I watched was "Shut Up and Dance" and I was so tense by the end, I needed to go roll my shoulders for a couple minutes. You have to love a show where you're so sucked in and going... What the hell are they going to make these guys do next?... so intently that your muscles lock up. I highly recommend that episode.

Hated in the Nation was also my favorite. I like shows where wild stuff plays out and you're going "Holy sh*t, that could actually happen!"

Metalhead was also good in a similar way.

Bandersnatch was interesting because the one character professed that life is nothing but limited choices and you get to live the irony of that throughout the episode, remote in hand. I'd say that one was OK, but not as good as the two above. Mrs. Five didn't like it tho.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
docc
Head Coach

I have a lot more time to work in my shop..on the 53 Studebaker and my 53 Jaguar.and my notorcycles.

My shop gets neglected during Bears season..but now I watch whats left of the season in my shop.
Started cleaning it last week,,in this brutal 65-70* weather..

A good cigar..a brew and my machines. After Super Bowl there's Blackhawks (down yr) Bulls Tanking) and wait for the Cubs..
Trimmed the collection last year..too much too deal with..
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:The first one I watched was "Shut Up and Dance" and I was so tense by the end, I needed to go roll my shoulders for a couple minutes. You have to love a show where you're so sucked in and going... What the hell are they going to make these guys do next?... so intently that your muscles lock up. I highly recommend that episode.

Hated in the Nation was also my favorite. I like shows where wild stuff plays out and you're going "Holy sh*t, that could actually happen!"

Metalhead was also good in a similar way.

Bandersnatch was interesting because the one character professed that life is nothing but limited choices and you get to live the irony of that throughout the episode, remote in hand. I'd say that one was OK, but not as good as the two above. Mrs. Five didn't like it tho.
Shut up and dance was brilliant, especially the ending that I don't think anyone saw coming.

Two fucked my head up pretty good, and those were Be Right Back and The Entire History of You

wab
Mod

I must be the only one that couldn't get through a single episode of that show. I tried like three times to get into it, but it just wasn't happening.