NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
WagonForce
Assistant Coach
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 am

Man, the Bears should be playing this weekend.

Somehow instead the team is already both feet into the offseason with a new DC.

Argh!
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm saddened again today. I'm watching these playoff games and the Bears can play with any of these teams. Image
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
docc
Head Coach
Location: Dry Heat
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Yes..and watching kickers actually not hit the poles with regularity.. I think Saints will be the tough match..
User avatar
Funkster
MVP
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 am

Anyone watch the “Cody Parkey field goal challenge”?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:10 am

Mikefive wrote:I'm saddened again today. I'm watching these playoff games and the Bears can play with any of these teams. Image
Me too. I'm just not watching football until the Super Bowl. I can't do it. I'm focusing on other things. True Detective is coming back on HBO with a new season so I got HBO this morning to keep for a few months so I'll enjoy some of the movies on there and do shit around the house.

We should be fucking playing this weekend. Dammit.

But hey, the future has rarely looked brighter for this franchise. Looking forward to August and September.
Image
MoFugger
Head Coach
Posts: 2407
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 am

This week sucked. I guess for me is as I get older, it seems like the seasons go so fast, and the off-season seems to last forever.
I am proud of the season my team had. But to lose by one point on a missed kick? I did not watch a moment of football on Saturday, and only casually watched three of the eight quarters played today.
Oh well. Time that you're against the Patriots and dust off the fishing poles.
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 am

This is one sucky time of year. You get in your car and all Bears talk has vaporized. Now it's all NBA... blah, blah, blah... Baseball's coming... blah, blah, blah. I should just put music on, but I'm a non-fiction entertainment guy. Other Chicago talk radio.... meh.Image
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15004
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm saddened again today. I'm watching these playoff games and the Bears can play with any of these teams. Image
Me too. I'm just not watching football until the Super Bowl. I can't do it. I'm focusing on other things. True Detective is coming back on HBO with a new season so I got HBO this morning to keep for a few months so I'll enjoy some of the movies on there and do shit around the house.

We should be fucking playing this weekend. Dammit.

But hey, the future has rarely looked brighter for this franchise. Looking forward to August and September.
First two episodes were DOPE!
Image

Mitchell Trubisky in Matt Nagy's Offense:

15-8 record | 65.2% | 4916 yards | 33 TDs | 15 INTs | 6.87 YPA | 91.7 rating
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

Watching some hockey, taking a conceal carry class, checking out some new old music, funk, checking out new blues artists as well. I will listen to the SCORE if they are talking football. When they start talking about anything else it goes off. Hopefully hit up some local high school bball this weekend. Have not dug into reading a book yet, still not there patience wise yet.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 pm

G08 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm saddened again today. I'm watching these playoff games and the Bears can play with any of these teams. Image
Me too. I'm just not watching football until the Super Bowl. I can't do it. I'm focusing on other things. True Detective is coming back on HBO with a new season so I got HBO this morning to keep for a few months so I'll enjoy some of the movies on there and do shit around the house.

We should be fucking playing this weekend. Dammit.

But hey, the future has rarely looked brighter for this franchise. Looking forward to August and September.
First two episodes were DOPE!
Heck yeah they were awesome! I think this is going to be another great season hopefully on par with season 1.
Image
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15004
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Image

Mitchell Trubisky in Matt Nagy's Offense:

15-8 record | 65.2% | 4916 yards | 33 TDs | 15 INTs | 6.87 YPA | 91.7 rating
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:59 am

G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
Image
User avatar
Boris13c
Hall of Famer
Contact:
Location: The Bear Nebula
Posts: 14699
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 am

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.

I hope they have many more items like Bandersnatch ... I thought it was great

(takes about 3 hours to go through ll possible scenarios)
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
User avatar
BearButtseks
Assistant Coach
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:44 am

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
Most people I talk to say their favorites are "San Junipero" or the Star Trek one, but I really like Metalhead, as well. I can see why some don't like it, but I think it's a very underappreciated episode.

I felt like Bandersnatch was a more interesting experiment than anything. The fragmentation of the story by choosing certain paths and then going back and choosing others made it hard for me to really enjoy the story as a cohesive whole. I love that they did it, though, and I can see some good uses for that type of interactive media.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15004
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 am

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
I HATED that episode!!
Image

Mitchell Trubisky in Matt Nagy's Offense:

15-8 record | 65.2% | 4916 yards | 33 TDs | 15 INTs | 6.87 YPA | 91.7 rating
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15004
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am

BearButtseks wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
Most people I talk to say their favorites are "San Junipero" or the Star Trek one, but I really like Metalhead, as well. I can see why some don't like it, but I think it's a very underappreciated episode.

I felt like Bandersnatch was a more interesting experiment than anything. The fragmentation of the story by choosing certain paths and then going back and choosing others made it hard for me to really enjoy the story as a cohesive whole. I love that they did it, though, and I can see some good uses for that type of interactive media.
Okay explain this to me because I thought it was just awful.

San Junipero was good, my favorite was probably "Hated in the Nation"
Image

Mitchell Trubisky in Matt Nagy's Offense:

15-8 record | 65.2% | 4916 yards | 33 TDs | 15 INTs | 6.87 YPA | 91.7 rating
User avatar
BearButtseks
Assistant Coach
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:34 am

G08 wrote:
BearButtseks wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I'm not a big TV guy. But I recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. :thumbsup:
Fun show, some episodes I loved and others were just terrible.

Did you do the choose your own adventure one yet? Bandersnatch is the title.
Bandersnatch was awesome. I loved that concept.

I keep hearing great things about Black Mirror. I've only watched a couple besides Bandersnatch. The one episode that is my favorite is Metalhead.
Most people I talk to say their favorites are "San Junipero" or the Star Trek one, but I really like Metalhead, as well. I can see why some don't like it, but I think it's a very underappreciated episode.

I felt like Bandersnatch was a more interesting experiment than anything. The fragmentation of the story by choosing certain paths and then going back and choosing others made it hard for me to really enjoy the story as a cohesive whole. I love that they did it, though, and I can see some good uses for that type of interactive media.
Okay explain this to me because I thought it was just awful.

San Junipero was good, my favorite was probably "Hated in the Nation"
A lot of why I like it has to do with the aesthetic. It's in black and white, which I thought was a really good choice - it is sort of evocative of older horror movies, while at the same time it's dealing with a very modern/futuristic concept. The robots themselves look a lot like some of those ones created by Boston Dynamics, so it also feels like it could be a very realistic scenario. It's pretty quiet, and I like the tension created during the episode. The plot isn't anything special, but it felt very reminiscent to a Jason/Freddy/Invincible monster movie, which I liked.
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:36 pm

The first one I watched was "Shut Up and Dance" and I was so tense by the end, I needed to go roll my shoulders for a couple minutes. You have to love a show where you're so sucked in and going... What the hell are they going to make these guys do next?... so intently that your muscles lock up. I highly recommend that episode.

Hated in the Nation was also my favorite. I like shows where wild stuff plays out and you're going "Holy sh*t, that could actually happen!"

Metalhead was also good in a similar way.

Bandersnatch was interesting because the one character professed that life is nothing but limited choices and you get to live the irony of that throughout the episode, remote in hand. I'd say that one was OK, but not as good as the two above. Mrs. Five didn't like it tho.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
docc
Head Coach
Location: Dry Heat
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:21 am

I have a lot more time to work in my shop..on the 53 Studebaker and my 53 Jaguar.and my notorcycles.

My shop gets neglected during Bears season..but now I watch whats left of the season in my shop.
Started cleaning it last week,,in this brutal 65-70* weather..

A good cigar..a brew and my machines. After Super Bowl there's Blackhawks (down yr) Bulls Tanking) and wait for the Cubs..
Trimmed the collection last year..too much too deal with..
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15004
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Mikefive wrote:The first one I watched was "Shut Up and Dance" and I was so tense by the end, I needed to go roll my shoulders for a couple minutes. You have to love a show where you're so sucked in and going... What the hell are they going to make these guys do next?... so intently that your muscles lock up. I highly recommend that episode.

Hated in the Nation was also my favorite. I like shows where wild stuff plays out and you're going "Holy sh*t, that could actually happen!"

Metalhead was also good in a similar way.

Bandersnatch was interesting because the one character professed that life is nothing but limited choices and you get to live the irony of that throughout the episode, remote in hand. I'd say that one was OK, but not as good as the two above. Mrs. Five didn't like it tho.
Shut up and dance was brilliant, especially the ending that I don't think anyone saw coming.

Two fucked my head up pretty good, and those were Be Right Back and The Entire History of You
Image

Mitchell Trubisky in Matt Nagy's Offense:

15-8 record | 65.2% | 4916 yards | 33 TDs | 15 INTs | 6.87 YPA | 91.7 rating
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19813
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: NFC WILD CARD // Cody Parkey ends Bears season.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am

I must be the only one that couldn't get through a single episode of that show. I tried like three times to get into it, but it just wasn't happening.

Return to “Halas Hall”