ESPN Total QBR

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

For those that wonder, Biscuits is 3rd for the entire season in ESPN's Total QBR. Behind Brees and Mahomes and this year would put him in the top 5 each of the last 5 seasons.

www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

It isn't a perfect measure but I do believe it's better because it takes situations into account vs just stats.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Your right not a perfect stat, as the eye test proves he is not the 3rd best QB. However I think in contexts with other info it can be useful. I think what this shows is Nagy has put him in good position, and he doesn't make negative plays.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:Your right not a perfect stat, as the eye test proves he is not the 3rd best QB. However I think in contexts with other info it can be useful. I think what this shows is Nagy has put him in good position, and he doesn't make negative plays.
I agree, but I also believe it shows where his athletic ability and being one slippery SOB in the pocket does for the team as well. How many drives/series/plays should have ended in a sack ended up in a positive play, first down or more due to an escape/scramble to run or throw? At least 3-4 times a game he takes what should be a negative play and makes it positive extending drives and giving the defense more rest and field position.

I think he has progressed a ton and is on the up like Wentz was after his first season, it was just Fox retarded Biscuits first season aside from seeing the speed of the NFL.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

True 3rd down runs resulting in 1st are weighted in their metric.
Bearfacts
MVP

IMHO Trubisky has always been the right guy to replace Cutler. All we needed to do in addition was get him a good HC and OC who would build around his strengths. Sad how it took so long to figure that out before Pace came along.