View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:39 pm 
Practice Squad

...there seem to be a high % of pretty knowledgeable Bears fans who post here. I have enjoyed the threads which I have read, and the responses which I have gotten to my questions. I like the fact that this board (unlike CCS) isn't overrun by trolls and message board idiots who post from multiple alts/socks and who try to create their own lame "schtick/online persona", etc.

I just wish that this board was busier/had more members, but I guess that is the trade-off. The more people who come here to post, the more likely it is that the board will be overrun by the types of posters I mentioned above.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm 
Practice Squad

A lot of members came over from the old KFFL boards.

It's a good group. I don't post as much as I use to (life has gotten in the way) but there are a number of solid members here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:54 pm 
Practice Squad

Some of us are refugees as well from ChiCitySports, which seems busy until you realize that more than half the posters post there under 5 different accounts each and the whole goal is to troll the shit out of people.

This is a much better moderated board (but I too wish it was busier).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 am 
Hall of Famer

It's a great board. Primarily because everyone respects each other, and the main objective is gaining a better understanding of the Bears, and football in general. I have learned more on this board about offense, defense, route concepts, blocking schemes, etc. then I could list in one post. I have developed cyber friendships, and I get a solid laugh almost everyday from this group. The board is very unique, and the moderators do a phenomenal job of making sure it stays that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am 
Rookie

When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am 
Head Coach

The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:32 am 
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.

A lot of peeps like to be blowhards and douches, the boards that allow that kind of shit blossom. This board is full of peeps that want to talk football and not be pains in the ass. Boards I was on in the past were pretty much full of trolls. While that can be fun at times, the majority of the time it is not.

Great board, thanks mods. Nice that this has blossomed from the ashes of the webway monsters/monsters of the webway, whatever the hell it was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am 
Hall of Famer

AlfaMack wrote:
When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.

Welcome to BFO! :welcome:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am 
Mod

While we as a mod/admin team talk about increasing traffic, we do keep it pretty restricted here by design. Trolls, assholes, and football stupids don't last more than a few posts here... whether it's because we boot them or because they rage quit and send us a flurry of PM's telling us what terrible people we are.

We don't all always get along, but we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable, balanced, and realistic (mostly).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 am 
MVP

Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.