PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am 
Hall of Famer

Ormazd wrote:
Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.

:clap:

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 am 
Hall of Famer

Our tolerance for stupid people and assholes/trolls is pretty low, and a lot of us OGs care about this place more than any one human should care about a message board :wink:

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am 
Practice Squad

yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:36 am 
Head Coach

Was not a big poster there. My main board years ago was the football huddles. It was a site that had a section for each team. It was divided by division and each division site had a smack board forum. It was a great place but closed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 pm 
Mod

BuddyRyans46 wrote:
yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.

Every time a board shuts down, we get a huge influx of members. And while this may sound bad, the majority of those members don't belong here. The good ones stay and have been valuable contributors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 pm 
Journeyman

I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 pm 
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:
Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low

No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:39 pm 
Practice Squad

Knuckles wrote:
I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!

^^haha I remember you from the Scout.com board! You used to be "daknuckles" over there, right? I remembery our avatar. I tried that board a few times years ago, but it was always dead as hell over there. I was always surprised by the lack of popular Bears message boards on the internet. It's good to see you again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm 
MVP

thunderspirit wrote:
G08 wrote:
Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low

No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.

That’s where I came from. You can usually see within a post or two when somebody is hurtling towards the ban hammer. The mods obviously do a great job of keeping the board clean.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for all the input and compliments! I don’t put up with much, so when trolls arrive it gets very tiresome, but they run out of energy and move on to more fertile pastures.