Eddie Jackson back(ish) at practice

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:As long as he isn't actually hurting the team by being out there.
I'd have to think if he can't get to his landmarks in time they'll pull him for Bush.
The question is, can we beat the Eagles without Jackson, and what would one more week of rest do for him, vs. playing on it Sunday.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:As long as he isn't actually hurting the team by being out there.
I'd have to think if he can't get to his landmarks in time they'll pull him for Bush.
The question is, can we beat the Eagles without Jackson, and what would one more week of rest do for him, vs. playing on it Sunday.
This is "Win or Go Home" man, we can't play around with resting him for a game that may not exist. Fangio and friends need to determine if a 75% Jackson is better than a 100% Bush.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

I know we have been lucky all season long with injuries vis a vis most teams, BUT that fluke Jackson injury in week 15 really was/is a kick in the nuts, especially with the season he was having. :angry:
Z Bear
MVP

His instincts make up for the loss of speed with the bum ankle. As long as he can plant and turn he should play. If he can't do that he will be a liability and they should play Bush.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Maybe he's faking it, and they're going to unleash a fully healthy EJax on the Eagles? Maybe? Please?
Richie
MVP

Damn

Was really hopeful that I'd hear he was a full participant today.
G08
Hall of Famer

Heard Rich Campbell say Eddie isn't exactly passing his eye test. Said you can tell he's favoring that ankle.

With Foles' propensity to go deep, we need a safety that can get 0 to 60 as fast as they can. I hope that kid heals up quick in the next 43 hours!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

Well, I guess the quasi-optimistic spin on this would be that I don't really think any of us think that the Defense will be the reason we lose this game..with or without Jackson, I think we are all fairly confident that the Defense is going to show up and play well....I think just about everyone would agree that the single biggest factor in determining whether we win or lose is going to be how Trubisky performs in his first postseason game.

If good Mitch shows up we win....if the Mitch who played against the Rams or the Vikings shows up, it is going to be difficult, regardless of whether or not Jackson is on the field.

oh yeah, and lest we forget, aside from all of the drama with Jackson and his injury, Cody Parkey might very well be the reason we win or lose as well, lol. God help us if it comes down to a FG.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I actually feel the opposite. If its a loss, it will be because the D did not perform as expected (like in '05 when Tillman kept slipping on the grass, and Chris Thompson was put in to cover Steve Smith. That play, btw, was the first time anyone had ever heard of Christ Thompson. Do we have any unknown DB's buried on the roster that might be unexpectedly set to try and cover Jeffery?)
docc
Head Coach

So..anyone got the Eagles Hotel and room numbers :)

Back in the day..calls at all hours..room service ordered at 2AM.. Fire Alarm ..

Not these days..used to be though..
Richie
MVP

G08 wrote:Heard Rich Campbell say Eddie isn't exactly passing his eye test. Said you can tell he's favoring that ankle.

With Foles' propensity to go deep, we need a safety that can get 0 to 60 as fast as they can. I hope that kid heals up quick in the next 43 hours!
It's also possible that he's just really taking it easy and not risking anything with hard cuts/pivots.

You'd also be surprised what a couple of days can do for a sprained ankle. I had 4 in my day and usually when I was a few weeks in (right around where Eddie is at now) - I would wake up one day and have really turned a big corner.

I am not certain of the degree of Eddie's sprain, though. It could be a bad one. In which case, I had an inverted sprain once that required physical therapy and it took me a month to five weeks to truly feel good. Obviously... I am not a world class athlete like him either.