View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

Turning away from the obvious doinked kick. I have some observations regarding Trubisky.

I thought he had a real solid 2nd half. It looked like he grew up a little more. Not sure if he stopped thinking and just started slinging it. But some of those boundary throws were world class passes. He moved in the pocket well, set his feet and shoulders, and was putting good pace on the ball. It was a huge positive to take away from the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 pm 
Mod

I thought he was great honestly. The game was not too big for him and I was really looking forward to seeing how he progressed in the playoffs.

I think he’s going to be really good for the Bears for quite a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 pm 
Head Coach

Agree..totally. I think we saw his coming of age.. Nagy certainly will open up plays for passing game..
Mitchell Trubisky
26 43 60.5 303 7.0 1 0 2 12 89.6

Good numbers against a stout defense.. First year in a complex system..that can now proceed..
I don't think this years Bears could compete with New Orleans YET..

Soon though..this youthful..talented team will be great to watch grow..

Last edited by docc on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 pm 
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Turning away from the obvious doinked kick. I have some observations regarding Trubisky.

I thought he had a real solid 2nd half. It looked like he grew up a little more. Not sure if he stopped thinking and just started slinging it. But some of those boundary throws were world class passes. He moved in the pocket well, set his feet and shoulders, and was putting good pace on the ball. It was a huge positive to take away from the game.

Agreed.

I think and hope Nagy learned a little too about both him and trubisky. Trubisky grew up a lot the second half of the season after he was fully back from injury. I have no qualms about putting the game in his hands at all. I wish Nagy had pulled the trigger much sooner on opening up the passing game, if he did I think we are looking at a much different result.

We can look at the 3 poorish throws, but how many bad/poor throws did foles have. He was intercepted twice and should have been at least twice more when the turf monster tripped fuller and a couple of those passes that were in the air for freaking ever and we were head hunting vs playing the ball. The risk was worth the reward as the eagles pulled off a couple of big plays and got PI called on a couple more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 pm 
Pro Bowler

Trubisky will be a major factor in Bears wins for years to come.

The true test of any top passer is when the game is on the line with only seconds to go can you move the ball and put yourself and your team in a position to win. He did that. The final failure wasn't on him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:41 pm 
Hall of Famer

For me it was the 4th quarter. In a game, or a time, when someone like Cousins, or Bradford, or any number of other QB’s would show up small and crack under pressure. Trubisky made some of his best throws when the game was on the line. More than that, he made throws that he consistently missed high earlier in the season. It was very encouraging.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 pm 
MVP

He had the exact same situation in week 1 vs GB. In that situation he couldn't drive into FG range. This time he made clutch throws and earned a win as much as Brady earned a lot of his Superbowl wins.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 pm 
Practice Squad

He did a good job getting us in field goal range, but he also had a chance to win it out right and over threw a wide open reciever on the way to the end zone just before the missed kick. I think Mitch made good steps, I expect him to be better next year, and I expect the bears to be too.

This loss sucks, but at least I have Sunday's back now for few months.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:51 pm 
MVP

realred2 wrote:
He did a good job getting us in field goal range, but he also had a chance to win it out right and over threw a wide open reciever on the way to the end zone just before the missed kick. I think Mitch made good steps, I expect him to be better next year, and I expect the bears to be too.

Pretty sure it was a planned overthrow to just eat clock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 am 
Player of the Month

southdakbearfan wrote:
realred2 wrote:

Pretty sure it was a planned overthrow to just eat clock

It may have been a put where only the receiver can catch it, or If he's wide open hit him otherwise throw it away long.