Trubisky’s Playoff Game

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

If anyone read my posts on another board back when we drafted Mitch they know how big of a fan I was of him. That year he was my pick mid that season when I usually started looking at the draft over the past decade or two LOL. If you saw him play in college no moment was too big for him. There were a few times he came into games late (for whatever reason) and threw the game-winning pass or came damn close to winning it for them.

He has that sort of confidence he was just very raw. I knew it would take time for him it's rare for a QB to come out of college and look like an All-Pro especially one that had such little play time as a starter but there was no denying he had the physical and mental tools to be a solid QB.

If we still had Fox as HC I think he wouldn't be this far along and most would be talking about Mitch as a bust just because how conservative that system was. With Nagy he's progressed much more quickly and really came along late in the season. Just imagine a year of offseason workouts in the same system I can see him really taking that next step this year and it's exciting to think about.

Nagy's talking about letting Mitch call plays like Manning did for years... that's a lot of confidence that he has in Mitch to even entertain the idea this early in their relationship. That says a lot and hopefully, it works out well for them and us fans. It's been a long time since we had a great QB... So long most of the younger fans probably just laughed at that and are thinking when the hell did we have a good QB.

I thought as big of a game as that was against a team as good as the Eagles are Mitch played as good as any QB I've seen play in the same situation. That second half was pretty damn good. Guys like Brady have won big games in the same exact way. I agree with others that said Nagy was way too conservative early on but when he let Mitch be Mitch he didn't disappoint. I think this year Nagy will take the reins off and lets him become our perennial pro bowl QB he can become. Fingers crossed... I believe in Mitch and I would love to see Miller and Shaheen take a huge step forward with him those 3 are the future of this offense.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Bad Flanders
MVP

Knuckles wrote:Nagy's talking about letting Mitch call plays like Manning did for years...
is there a source for this? I haven't heard it. I haven't been reading as many articles as usual either, so not questioning, just like to find that one if you know where it came from. Thanks
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Bad Flanders wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Nagy's talking about letting Mitch call plays like Manning did for years...
is there a source for this? I haven't heard it. I haven't been reading as many articles as usual either, so not questioning, just like to find that one if you know where it came from. Thanks
LINK:

"TRUBISKY PROGRESSED SO WELL IN THOSE AREAS THAT NAGY IS GOING TO HAND OVER THE REINS TO TRUBISKY AND LET HIM CALL THE PLAYS AT SOME POINT.

“THERE MIGHT BE SOME TIMES THIS YEAR WHERE I SAY, ‘HEY, JUST TAKE THIS SERIES,’” NAGY SAID. “IN OTAS OR TRAINING CAMP, ‘HEY, CALL THIS SERIES RIGHT HERE. I’M GOING TO LET YOU RUN THE SHOW.’ I COULDN’T DO THAT LAST YEAR, BECAUSE HE DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO CALL. THIS YEAR, HE’LL BE ABLE TO DO THAT.”
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”