View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 am 
Player of the Month

He ended the year with his arrow pointing up. Hopefully he continues to progress and get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:24 am 
MVP

Biscuit played like a warrior out there and came through when things looked their worst.

In a playoff season where ZOMG DESHAUN WATSON and Lamar Jackson played poorly maybe people will get off of Biscuit's back about a practically rookie QB and the playoffs and accuracy issues and whatever.

We've got our franchise QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am 
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
realred2 wrote:
He did a good job getting us in field goal range, but he also had a chance to win it out right and over threw a wide open reciever on the way to the end zone just before the missed kick. I think Mitch made good steps, I expect him to be better next year, and I expect the bears to be too.

This loss sucks, but at least I have Sunday's back now for few months.

Pretty sure it was a planned overthrow to just eat clock

Yeah, that was a, "take a shot at the end zone, but don't put the ball in harm's way." The route wasn't there so he purposely overthrew the receiver.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 am 
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Biscuit played like a warrior out there and came through when things looked their worst.

In a playoff season where ZOMG DESHAUN WATSON and Lamar Jackson played poorly maybe people will get off of Biscuit's back about a practically rookie QB and the playoffs and accuracy issues and whatever.

We've got our franchise QB.

Nagy needs to sit down with Mitch during the offseason, and walk through his mindset when he was making those throws in the 4th quarter. Because he needs to have that mindset moving forward. If I had my guess, it was a "I've got nothing to lose and our season is on the line. Don't worry what people are going to say about me and let the ball fly."

I believe that the QB that we saw on the last two drives, is who Mitch will be. Which is fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am 
Head Coach

I don't really agree with the "he grew up a lot on Sunday" thinking. I don't think I saw a Trubisky who was any different from who we saw as the year wound down the last few games. He was decisive and threw the ball pretty well. But he occasionally threw the head scratcher and did struggle at times with progressions and figuring out what the Eagles were doing to him. He still has more to learn and room to grow.

The good news is that by being no different, he demonstrated that a playoff game is not too big for him. Indications are that he wasn't mentally affected AT ALL by it being a playoff game. Very good sign. And it's not like he had a bad game. It was pretty good actually against a very stout defense. As I see it, if any "growing up" happened, it was his realization that he can do his thing in a playoff atmosphere.

Next year should be fun as more lights come on for him.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am 
Head Coach

He could not make the throw too catchable as the Bears had no timeouts. If caught in field of play, game would have been over. Had to get it to endzone. I was hoping for a PI.

He will get better.

As for Lamar Jackson, he is not an NFL QB, his name doesn't deserve to be mentioned with any NFL QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:47 am 
Head Coach

Mitch showed a lot of what he is and will be. Some excellent throws, No picks, quality performance. Let him open up the offense and looks like good times ahead..
GO BEARS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:47 pm 
Assistant Coach

For a young guy in his first playoff game Mitch showed me that he belongs on the big stage and the lights are not too bright for him. He showed growth all season, and it culminated there. He did what was needed to win, a kick got tipped and we lose. Bigest takeaways from that game is Nagy doesn't need to guide him through script like the begninig of the season and Bisky is beginning to enter the phase where he can take a game over and win. Next year might be mighty exciting on offense with Nagy's playbook growing, Bisky's command of it increasing, and the whole group of skill players and he getting better timing and trust. Whose the last QB we could say that of?

***crickets***

He has a lot of room to grow, but he evidences that he knows that and is committed to studying and practice. I have our franchise QB, and a guy we can win with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 pm 
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:
He could not make the throw too catchable as the Bears had no timeouts. If caught in field of play, game would have been over. Had to get it to endzone. I was hoping for a PI.

He will get better.

As for Lamar Jackson, he is not an NFL QB, his name doesn't deserve to be mentioned with any NFL QB.
In that situation, an interception (and a sack) must be avoided at all costs. So you throw it such that you know the defender can't get a hand on it. Whether your guy can catch it is down the priority list. It's just a feel thing. You're probably going to throw it long. But nobody's perfect. You just can't can't can't throw it short.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:29 pm 
MVP

I think they should have kicked it on 3rd down given the amount of time left, but they had no timeouts and didn't have that decision ready to go with getting the kicking unit on the field, so they had to run a play with the personnel on the field, which happened to be a throw away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next