View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:45 pm 
Pro Bowler

Well guys, no way yesterday wasn't a heartbreaking way to lose. However, this seasons end feels better to me than any since...not even sure it comparable. Even after the SB loss 2006 I didn't feel as good about the next season because we were looking forwards to more inept OC play calling (Ugh Ron Turner), Grossman as our QB (and QB controversy), lack of offensive talent in most skill positions, and terrible drafting from our GM annually. All of that feels different now, because all of those conditions are improved.

This is a great article my brother sent me today with video clips contrasting Trubisky's growth over the season in a variety of ways. Hope you guys enjoy it and it takes a little of the sting away.

www.windycitygridiron.com/2019/1/7/1816 ... pment-nagy

Haven't post articles before, so not certain if I did the link correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:39 pm 
Head Coach

What you need to do to make that link work properly is to edit your post and append the following to it...

Click here for article.[/url]

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:42 pm 
Journeyman

I just tried to fix it... me thinks the site traffic today is playing games. I could not get it to work either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:43 pm 
Journeyman

Click here for article.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:43 pm 
Mod

I fixed it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 pm 
Pro Bowler

Thanks guys for fixing it. Can one of you tell me what I should have done correctly in the websites interface? PM if you want so it doesn't eat thread space.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:20 pm 
Mod

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Thanks guys for fixing it. Can one of you tell me what I should have done correctly in the websites interface? PM if you want so it doesn't eat thread space.

You can just paste the link, nothing special needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm 
Practice Squad

without the Bucs outlier, Trubisky's numbers this year would have been downright pedestrian. To be fair, throw out his worst statistical performance along with the Bucs game....and his performance this year would still have been mediocre to slightly above average at best. Next year, I would expect a HUGE JUMP in performance, but I am not holding my breath, and less need for incessant excuses for him, but I am not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm 
Mod

BuddyRyans46 wrote:
without the Bucs outlier, Trubisky's numbers this year would have been downright pedestrian. To be fair, throw out his worst statistical performance along with the Bucs game....and his performance this year would still have been mediocre to slightly above average at best. Next year, I would expect a HUGE JUMP in performance, but I am not holding my breath, and less need for incessant excuses for him, but I am not holding my breath.

Is there literally anything you like about the Bears? The defense is overrated, Nagy sucks compared to Fox, and Trubisky is trash.

Did I cover it all?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm 
Hall of Famer

BuddyRyans46 wrote:

That's fine, just stop being a mouth-breather :D

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy