View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:

At what price, do you trade Jordan Howard?
I wouldn't trade him 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
2nd round pick 32%  32%  [ 12 ]
3rd round pick 37%  37%  [ 14 ]
3rd round comp pick 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4th round pick 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
4th round comp pick 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5th rounder 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5th round comp pick 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6th rounder 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
7th rounder 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm 
Practice Squad

All of this almost makes me want to see a trade, just to show how terrible an idea it was. The core problem will remain Nagy's pass-happy A.D.D. You can put the second coming of Tony Dorsett back there, but if your coach can't find a clue to use his talents, they don't matter. Say what you want about speed (and #34 was never the fastest guys in the world), Howard is a grinder and there's something to be said about that when the flash and dash gets figured out. Philly proved that they had the Cohen matrix figured for most of the game and absent the late discovery of the double-move by Robinson, Nagy was without a strong alternative route. Also, the way Nagy likes to pass, you better have a back who can put a hat on a linebacker, when one breaks through the way Howard does consistently. Despite all the talk of physical attributes, the guy is a top-six running back in this league who beat out Jeremy Langford and Kadeem Carey, that Nagy routinely chucked aside to put Mizzell and Cunningham on the field. If that makes any kind of sense to anyone, I say trade the guy to some team that recognizes his value and abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm 
Practice Squad

A well-written analysis of the point on Nagy and the running game: https://www.daily-chronicle.com/2018/12/04/hub-arkush-giants-didnt-stop-bears-run-game-nagy-did/amkeytg/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm 
MVP

Dardango wrote:
All of this almost makes me want to see a trade, just to show how terrible an idea it was. The core problem will remain Nagy's pass-happy A.D.D. You can put the second coming of Tony Dorsett back there, but if your coach can't find a clue to use his talents, they don't matter. Say what you want about speed (and #34 was never the fastest guys in the world), Howard is a grinder and there's something to be said about that when the flash and dash gets figured out. Philly proved that they had the Cohen matrix figured for most of the game and absent the late discovery of the double-move by Robinson, Nagy was without a strong alternative route. Also, the way Nagy likes to pass, you better have a back who can put a hat on a linebacker, when one breaks through the way Howard does consistently. Despite all the talk of physical attributes, the guy is a top-six running back in this league who beat out Jeremy Langford and Kadeem Carey, that Nagy routinely chucked aside to put Mizzell and Cunningham on the field. If that makes any kind of sense to anyone, I say trade the guy to some team that recognizes his value and abilities.

But, if that's the way they are going to use a back, why wouldn't you trade him if you needed picks? Just saying.

I love howard and I think he is vital. I just don't know if Nagy thinks that way and I also believe he would like a main back that is a little more fluid catching out of the backfield and explosive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:15 pm 
MVP

If Nagy committed to the run, I'd want to not only keep Howard, but also extend him now for 3-4 more years.

Nagy's use of RB's show his philosophy towards running in general. We know that Mizzell shouldn't touch the ball but he's in there when Howard or Cohen would be much better suited to the various plays that Mizzel sees action in. If Nagy truly wants a committee, then Howard is being wasted and will leave when he has the chance so I'd jump at the chance to get a pick in the 2-3 range for him this year.

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am 
Journeyman

The Marshall Plan wrote:
I'm not trying to be negative on Jordan Howard because I do like him, but if he went to GB their offense would be easier to predict. If he's in the game, its a run and odds are he's not getting targeted on a pass.

Yeah, that's probably more realistic. I just feel like a pounder would open up the play action game for Erin and I really don't want to see that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:13 pm 
Pro Bowler

Keep him since there is no need to trade to him. Nagy just needs to learn how to be more committed to the running the ball with Howard. In other quit getting cute by bringing Mizzell in to try and confuse peeps. Let Howard run to the outside so peeps don't crash the box everytime he gets the damn ball.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am 
MVP

Jason La Confora is reporting that Pace is actively shopping Howard at the combine

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 am 
MVP

I trust pace. If he trades him and gets a replacement via draft pick like a 3rd or 4th I am fine with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 am 
Mod

Jason La Confora is literally the worst source for Bears related news.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am 
Hall of Famer

I think Howard can still be an effective functioning piece of this offense even if his role changes from the traditional one he is used to ... and for that reason, I voted not to trade him

but if Nagy and Pace think otherwise, I of course would not argue that, and would expect them to get the most for him they could in a trade ... out of respect for Howard, it would be nice if he does leave to get sent to where he can flourish rather than just dumping him

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next