How much is Jordan Howard worth to you?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

At what price, do you trade Jordan Howard?

I wouldn't trade him
24%
2nd round pick
32%
3rd round pick
37%
3rd round comp pick
No votes
4th round pick
5%
4th round comp pick
No votes
5th rounder
No votes
5th round comp pick
No votes
6th rounder
3%
7th rounder
No votes

Total votes: 38
Knuckles
Player of the Month

wab wrote:Olsen was NOT a fit in Martz's offense. But we all saw what a dope Martz was and knew he wasn't a long term solution as an offensive playcaller for the Bears. So people were upset that a cornerstone player was being traded away because he was a bad fit in an offense being run by a guy that was only going to be around for a year or two.

That's not the case with Howard. Nagy isn't a short term fix.

Also...another difference between Olsen and Howard is that Howard physically can't do what this offense requires from him. In Olsen's case, he was never really given the opportunity to prove he could or couldn't (he could).
Add in he needs to change the blocking scheme for Howard to be effective... Not the ideal situation.

I like Howard as a person/player but I've never been a huge fan of how he runs. Personally, I like scat backs or a hybrid like Miles Sanders... Much more fun to watch than a bruiser as a #1 back and a lot more difficult to gameplan for especially with all the other tallent we have on this offense. Don't get me wrong we need a bruiser but a 3rd string type that does some short yardage plays and closes out games.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
G08
Hall of Famer

Rumors that teams had offered as high as a third round pick for Howard last season but Pace didn't want to go into the year with no proven back.

I'd have to think, if the right offer presents itself Howard may be gone on or around draft day. I really like Miles Sanders for this offense but I don't know if he's going to make it to the bottom of round 3.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Rumors that teams had offered as high as a third round pick for Howard last season but Pace didn't want to go into the year with no proven back.

I'd have to think, if the right offer presents itself Howard may be gone on or around draft day. I really like Miles Sanders for this offense but I don't know if he's going to make it to the bottom of round 3.
I've been wondering if the Bears don't package their 3rd with Howard to try and move up. The Jets are the team that make the most sense to me. Gase would make him a star again.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

It makes sense for a few teams besides NYJ to be interested in Howard:
Atlanta: Freeman coming off an injury and Coleman a FA.
Buffalo: They need a steady lead rusher to take the pressure off Allen. Shady doesn't scare anyone anymore.
Indianapolis: Mack is the man when healthy, but Howard is a nice 1-2 punch to have and they have a ton of cap space.
Jacksonville: Fournette is an injury prone head case. Howard could be the man there.
Oakland: They have 3 RB's on their roster who wouldn't start for the AAF league. Martin and Lynch are FA's
Philadelphia: Not a lot of cap space so a cheap year of Howard may appeal to them in place of Ajayi.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I'm not taking anything less than a 3rd for Howard, since that is the best possible comp pick they could get for him. I'm not fully on board with trading him, but I feel like it'll happen.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:Rumors that teams had offered as high as a third round pick for Howard last season but Pace didn't want to go into the year with no proven back.

I've been wondering if the Bears don't package their 3rd with Howard to try and move up. The Jets are the team that make the most sense to me. Gase would make him a star again.
Very, very good point. Loggains is there as well.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

I'm not taking anything less than a 2nd even if they have to package a 5th or 6th to do so. Also would have to sign a guy like Coleman and draft a guy like Love.

I'm a huge fan of a guy like Howard. High character guy who thumps. Unfortunately he is limited in this offense and kinda holds it back. Even so, I want to be convinced that the replacement is better.
Middleguard
MVP

Bears' running backs last year:
Cohen 495 offensive snaps
Mizzell 70 offensive snaps
Cunningham 37 offensive snaps
= 602 offensive snaps by RBs 'not Howard'

Howard 624 offensive snaps

Who's pretending that the Bears don't value Howard? (don't value him properly? well maybe that)
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

A bit of a stretch, but the Steelers have Bud Dupree, Javon Hargrave, and Cam Heyward hitting free agency in the next couple years. If we could swing a Second and one of them?
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I voted not to trade him, but that’d be hard deal to pass up.
DoubleDoink
Rookie

hope for a 3rd somehow, take a 4th.