View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:38 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Chicago, IL
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
My guess is that they are waiting to see what happens with Donatell in the next few days

I'm sure that's part of it.

Also, both the Chiefs and (ugh) Eagles are still in the playoffs.

_________________
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:40 pm 
Online
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: South Dakota
thunderspirit wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
My guess is that they are waiting to see what happens with Donatell in the next few days

I'm sure that's part of it.

Also, both the Chiefs and (ugh) Eagles are still in the playoffs.


The chiefs have a defensive coordinator?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 7318
Location: Berwyn, IL
southdakbearfan wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
My guess is that they are waiting to see what happens with Donatell in the next few days

I'm sure that's part of it.

Also, both the Chiefs and (ugh) Eagles are still in the playoffs.


The chiefs have a defensive coordinator?


It’s hard to believe, but yes I believe they do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Chicago, IL
They have someone assigned to that title, yes.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/bob-sutton

_________________
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14389
Location: World Championsville
Brad Biggs

Verified account

@BradBiggs
Following Following @BradBiggs
More
The #Bears interviewed secondary coach Ed Donatell for the defensive coordinator position today. Former Indy coach Chuck Pagano is believed to be on their radar and could be the top external candidate.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 7318
Location: Berwyn, IL
G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs

Verified account

@BradBiggs
Following Following @BradBiggs
More
The #Bears interviewed secondary coach Ed Donatell for the defensive coordinator position today. Former Indy coach Chuck Pagano is believed to be on their radar and could be the top external candidate.


I have to say no don’t know a lot about Chuck Pagano’s schemes. I do know, if left to his own devices, he could probably run that side of the ball with out any issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am 
Offline
Pro Bowler
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 am
Posts: 493
i think thats a good point actually whiskey. i wonder how much of the good stuff nagy got done this year was because he didnt have to think about the D at all and left vic to his own devices. you have to think the best replacement will be a DC that can also be one that runs a 3-4 and can be left to do his thing without nagy needing to get too involved.

slim pickings though now, right?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 am 
Offline
Pro Bowler
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am
Posts: 414
If it's me my first move is to look to promote from within. It would make the most sense to have as few changes in scheme and play calling as possible. Let' not make what we have worse.

If Pace and Nagy are at all interested in him they should sit down with Ed Donatell and discuss an offer. The news tends to indicate they did that today and if Fangio is also interested in him as his DC I'm thinking he'll want to at least discuss that with him.

If Donatell chooses to leave next up for me would be guys like Chuck Pagano, Jay Rodgers, maybe Steve Wilks or they look at younger guys who have less experience but are rising fast. Whoever might think like and coach like Vic should probably be on the list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 7318
Location: Berwyn, IL
GSH wrote:
i think thats a good point actually whiskey. i wonder how much of the good stuff nagy got done this year was because he didnt have to think about the D at all and left vic to his own devices. you have to think the best replacement will be a DC that can also be one that runs a 3-4 and can be left to do his thing without nagy needing to get too involved.

slim pickings though now, right?


With where the Bears are in the development of Mitch, and this offense. Nagy just needs a guy that can come in, set up shop and go to work. Nagy can't be trying to manage the training of a new DC, manage his second year as a HC, while trying to teach Mitch and Co. the offense. I do think Donatell can come in and do it. Not sure of other younger options around the league. An ex-HC option like Pagano or Del Rio certainly can as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14389
Location: World Championsville
Rodgers doesn't inspire me, for whatever reason. Not that this is the reason why, but he was the defensive coordinator in that Packers/Eagles playoff game when McNabb converted 4th and 26.

Pagano has that Ravens background which I am starting to love the more I research top defense in the NFL the past decade. He might be my dude and I don't anticipate him getting another HC job anytime soon (I've been wrong before).

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group